Focus Barrier - Loss of focus 07/30/2015 08:15 AM CDT
Any chance we can get a change on this spell where when stunned and the spell fails it has a chance based on a lore to explode outwards in a wave of force that essentially acts similiar to a minor ewave? Either that or a way to train that reduces the chance of the spell failing while stunned.

pretty much every time I get a 1-2 round stun the spell fails...which causes a net 50 point DS drop (80 if knocked prone)...then I get pounded into the earth before I get a chance to put it back up.
Re: Focus Barrier - Loss of focus 07/30/2015 12:03 PM CDT
>Any chance we can get a change on this spell where when stunned and the spell fails it has a chance based on a lore to explode outwards in a wave of force that essentially acts similiar to a minor ewave? Either that or a way to train that reduces the chance of the spell failing while stunned.

Nice idea. Would you still like it if the backlash was unfriendly (which is really ought to be if it results from loss of control) and could knock over you and your party as well as critters and bystanders?

>pretty much every time I get a 1-2 round stun the spell fails...which causes a net 50 point DS drop (80 if knocked prone)...then I get pounded into the earth before I get a chance to put it back up.

Tactically the way I dealt with this was having the spare DS to start with, so I could take that penalty but not get seriously pounded. Under most situations the outside spells necessary for TD more than covered the spare DS, but against bandits I'd use a few for DS.

The other thing to do is have enough MOC to avoid FoF penalties when in this situation. While its possible to keep the opposition off balance when active and avoid them getting their FoF as a result, if its you thats stunned rather than the critters, they'll stack up their full FoF potential on you and you get pounded.

Lore for better Ironskin means you'll suffer less when pounded, but I reckoned having the spare DS to start with, and the MOC to keep it, was the way to go.
Re: Focus Barrier - Loss of focus 07/30/2015 12:32 PM CDT

Nice idea. Would you still like it if the backlash was unfriendly (which is really ought to be if it results from loss of control) and could knock over you and your party as well as critters and bystanders?>>

As long as training would could reduce the risk to friendly targets.

<<Tactically the way I dealt with this was having the spare DS to start with, so I could take that penalty but not get seriously pounded. Under most situations the outside spells necessary for TD more than covered the spare DS, but against bandits I'd use a few for DS.

The other thing to do is have enough MOC to avoid FoF penalties when in this situation. While its possible to keep the opposition off balance when active and avoid them getting their FoF as a result, if its you thats stunned rather than the critters, they'll stack up their full FoF potential on you and you get pounded.

Lore for better Ironskin means you'll suffer less when pounded, but I reckoned having the spare DS to start with, and the MOC to keep it, was the way to go.>>

If I have mass spells I have the DS where I dont need 1216, but when hunting self-cast it can get dicey...especially with the +20 DS drop from stun. The MOC can get tricky as I have enough for 3 opponents, but they always pop out of wood works when you are webbed to the wall and stunned, right.

I can survive about half the time when stunned and 1216 drops...but having a force wave release would be awesome inclusion. Plus, we are probably the only class that loses their defensive spells when stunned (except maybe bards if songs renew).
Re: Focus Barrier - Loss of focus 07/30/2015 03:48 PM CDT
>If I have mass spells I have the DS where I dont need 1216, but when hunting self-cast it can get dicey...especially with the +20 DS drop from stun. The MOC can get tricky as I have enough for 3 opponents, but they always pop out of wood works when you are webbed to the wall and stunned, right.

I reckoned about 0.5x MOC (I found 10 ranks wasn't enough around level 40 and I pushed it fast up to 25, and 25 wasn't enough around level 75 and I pushed it fast to 45) If you are taking on larger swarms or more densely populated areas than I considered viable, you'd need more.

I didn't hunt self cast. (except the Rift, or I significantly cut down the level of critter that I'd accept a bounty on if I was really stuck for outside spells) I had scrolls and items and if there weren't takers for swapping 1204/8 I'd use them. DS wise a monk is viable self cast, but not TD and since I had to have them for casters I'd normally have them all the time.