Mind over body % 02/09/2015 12:13 PM CST
After a bit of time away from my monk, I'm revisiting some of his training plans. As I'm beyond level 50 and have 30 ranks of transformation lore I've gotten the chain crit divisor for my Iron Skin and don't intend to train further until I cap and can push for MBP via lore with enhancives. This frees up the possibility to train in another lore or none at all. For the "low" cost of 6 telepathy ranks 1213 could be improved to 25% stamina cost reduction up from 20%. Does anyone know how 1213 interacts with fractions? This comes into play largely from sunfist sigils to determine just how much benefit I'd receive from this training. It appears as if it truncates or rounds down but the only stamina using skill I have that is low enough in cost is sigil of minor bane. Using this 3 stamina sigil with 1213 active it still costs the full 3 stamina where 1213 should be saving me .6 stamina which doesn't appear to round up to 1.
Re: Mind over body % 02/09/2015 12:50 PM CST
THORNBROOK
After a bit of time away from my monk, I'm revisiting some of his training plans. As I'm beyond level 50 and have 30 ranks of transformation lore I've gotten the chain crit divisor for my Iron Skin and don't intend to train further until I cap and can push for MBP via lore with enhancives. This frees up the possibility to train in another lore or none at all. For the "low" cost of 6 telepathy ranks 1213 could be improved to 25% stamina cost reduction up from 20%. Does anyone know how 1213 interacts with fractions? This comes into play largely from sunfist sigils to determine just how much benefit I'd receive from this training. It appears as if it truncates or rounds down but the only stamina using skill I have that is low enough in cost is sigil of minor bane. Using this 3 stamina sigil with 1213 active it still costs the full 3 stamina where 1213 should be saving me .6 stamina which doesn't appear to round up to 1.

Have you actually tested this in game? With Mind over Body (1213) active, Sigil of Minor Bane should only cost 2 stamina. It truncates the cost. So if it normally cost 3 stamina: 3 * .80 = 2.4, which is then truncated to 2. (One of the few times truncating works out in favor of players!)

GameMaster Estild
Re: Mind over body % 02/09/2015 01:35 PM CST

Actually..I did just before I posted. But I must have been looking at the mana resource bar instead of the stamina resource bar.

>stam
Stamina points: 153 remaining: 153
>sigil min bane
As you concentrate on your sigil, you become slightly more aware of your foes and the weakest spots in their defenses.
>
[ Sigil of Minor Bane: +0:01:00, 0:01:00 remaining. ]
>stam
Stamina points: 153 remaining: 151

Well then, I'm sold on a bit of telepathy training. All those fractions will add up.