Problem with 1210 09/04/2012 08:29 AM CDT
According to the messaging, the zombie is knocked down by this cast of 1210, but it remained standing.

Other 1210 crits that say they knock down do result in the target getting knocked down, so it may just be this particular crit.

[Abandoned Farm, Cellar]
The earthen walls of the cellar are deeply gouged by claw marks. Dirt and dust rise as you move through the room, obscuring your vision and clogging your nose and throat. You also see an acid-pitted iron trunk and a zombie.
Obvious exits: north, southwest
>
You take a deep breath and focus inward, raising a hand and quietly murmuring the words of the Thought Lash spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a zombie.
A crackling whip of energy lashes out at the a zombie!
CS: +119 - TD: +69 + CvA: +25 + d100: +54 == +129
Warding failed!
... 30 points of damage!
Hard maneuver throws the zombie to the ground. Lands painfully on his back.
The residual psychic energy from the attack surrounds a zombie.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
>look at zombie

You see a fairly typical zombie.
He has some minor cuts and bruises on his back.
He has some tattered rags (worn).
>
Re: Problem with 1210 09/04/2012 10:28 AM CDT
Looks buggy.

As an aside, how is this spell? It sounds really cool. How does it work with subsequent casts? Any choice clips you can post?
Re: Problem with 1210 09/04/2012 11:30 AM CDT
I neither have the mana nor the CS to have much if any successive hits with it. It claims to be making subsequent UAC hits more damaging, but its not obvious to me that there is any significant increase. However, I don't have the relevant lore, so there may not be supposed to be a significant boost.

You really need a mental bias rather than my physical bias training to make much use of this I think. I use 1207 quite a bit, but 1210 is just playing around when I happen to have spare mana and a critter with poor TD/CvA to target.
Re: Problem with 1210 09/04/2012 11:59 AM CDT
Here's one where you can see the messaging for a subsequent Lash.

A crackling whip of energy lashes out at the a zombie!
CS: +119 - TD: +63 + CvA: +25 + d100: +42 == +123
Warding failed!
The psychic energy surrounding a zombie intensifies the attack!
... 30 points of damage!
Arm twists painfully behind the back as the zombie is thrown forward!
The residual psychic energy from the attack surrounds a zombie.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
Re: Problem with 1210 09/04/2012 06:37 PM CDT
RATHBONER
According to the messaging, the zombie is knocked down by this cast of 1210, but it remained standing.

This should now be resolved. Thanks for reporting it.

IRVINETOMOE
As an aside, how is this spell? It sounds really cool. How does it work with subsequent casts?

Thought Lash (1210) is one of my favorite new spells. If we ever release Savants, I fully expect most of them will cast this spell first when engaging a creature. Since it uses grapple crits, it has an excellent chance to disable (knock down, stun, etc) and it makes all followup attacks stronger. Without any lore, it increases the crit rank of any followup attack by 1.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Problem with 1210 09/04/2012 06:53 PM CDT
That if makes me cry inside.

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: Problem with 1210 09/04/2012 11:48 PM CDT
>Without any lore, it increases the crit rank of any followup attack by 1.

Pre- or post- crit randomization?

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Because I do."
You say, "Yes. I have a condition called Annoraxia.""
Re: Problem with 1210 09/05/2012 12:30 AM CDT
Droit
Pre- or post- crit randomization?

Anything that affects crit rank is always going to be before it's randomized.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Problem with 1210 09/05/2012 07:28 AM CDT
So when this spell effects "follow up attacks", what does this apply to? Everything?

If so, does that included UAC, bolt spells, melee attacks, CS warding spells, and maneuver spells?
Re: Problem with 1210 09/06/2012 08:45 AM CDT
>>If so, does that included UAC, bolt spells, melee attacks, CS warding spells, and maneuver spells?

It should apply to just about everything. Also, this is definitely my favorite spell of the MMC. I would also expect that when the time comes, Savants will cast this spell quite a bit.

Gamemaster Konacon
Squares Team
Re: Problem with 1210 09/06/2012 09:51 AM CDT
I'm certainly imagining the potential of this spell with a claidh swinging savant. Especially one using Sigil of Major Bane. Whew.

Bet this spell makes for great group hunting.