Blink 08/04/2012 11:41 AM CDT
Blink...is terrible. It shares the same mechanics with Fasthr's Reward (which, by the way, no one likes either), but AS/DS is a much less dangerous attack form than CS/TD. Failing to defend a cast of DC with a 101 endroll, for example, can be fatal, but a 101 endroll from a falchion does nothing. This spell really needs to have its duration and effectiveness reevaluated. 15 mana for 10 minutes and a single activation ensures that most people will ignore it during their preparations. Please consider allowing a total of 3 activations before it wears off, and extending its duration to 20 minutes so you at least don't have to refresh this underwhelming spell during your hunt.

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Because I do."
You say, "Yes. I have a condition called Annoraxia.""
Re: Blink 08/04/2012 11:47 AM CDT
It lasts longer than one activation. It only dissipates early when it activates and the reroll causes you to avoid the attack. If you reroll and still get hit, it won't end the effect.

GameMaster Estild
Cleric/Empath Team
Re: Blink 08/04/2012 12:47 PM CDT
>It lasts longer than one activation. It only dissipates early when it activates and the reroll causes you to avoid the attack. If you reroll and still get hit, it won't end the effect.

First, a question: when 115/1215 activate and you get a reroll, does the second roll get applied no matter what, or is your final result the better of the two rolls?

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Re: Blink 08/04/2012 04:39 PM CDT
Droit
First, a question: when 115/1215 activate and you get a reroll, does the second roll get applied no matter what, or is your final result the better of the two rolls?

The latter.

GameMaster Estild
Cleric/Empath Team
Re: Blink 08/04/2012 05:55 PM CDT
Just making sure. I still consider the benefit of 1215 to be rather lacking, given the high mana cost and short duration (particularly given UAC monks inherently slower combat), and I suspect many agree with me.

Droit

Re: Blink 08/04/2012 09:21 PM CDT
Droit
Just making sure. I still consider the benefit of 1215 to be rather lacking, given the high mana cost and short duration (particularly given UAC monks inherently slower combat), and I suspect many agree with me.

Most people who hate Fasthr's Reward (115) or Blink (1215) fail to realize the actual benefit. The spell has changed a lot over the years and many people just carry forward their opinion without re-evaluating the benefit. In both cases, you're paying 15 mana for guaranteed avoidance if it does trigger and dissipate early. The base duration could stand to be longer, but the actual benefit is pretty good. However, having said that, we're not against hearing feedback or suggestions to change either spell.

GameMaster Estild
Cleric/Empath Team
Re: Blink 08/04/2012 10:44 PM CDT
I agree that 115 is probably more useful than I've given it credit for, and I think I'll try to incorporate it into my hunting preparations. I still consider 1215 inferior because of the difference between CS and AS failure severity. Failing a physical attack roll is often a trivial event for a square. I think 1215 could use a boost. Also, both durations should get a 5 or 10 minute buff.

Droit

You say, "Yes. I ha ve a condition called Annoraxia.""
Re: Blink 08/05/2012 01:16 AM CDT
make a mass spell, like the way colors are 601 and mass colors are 611 (similar mechanic), so that 1615 is mass 1615 (with a possible flare +10 DS bonus) and monks have something they can share out.
Re: Blink 08/05/2012 09:58 AM CDT
1600's is the paladin circle. 1200's is minor mental.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Blink 08/05/2012 09:58 AM CDT
Main reason I don't use 115 is the duration. Unlike most spells it is not affected by ranks, or levels. Give it a base 600 seconds, +30 seconds (or +15, or even only +10) per rank known in that circle. Same goes for 1215.

Personally, I'd increase the activation chance, as well, to +2% per seed 1 of lore, or for 1215, forget the seed argument (as monks barely have much TP's for lore, and lets face it, Savants aren't going to be a concern for a good, long while). Just make the activation 25% + 1% per rank of Transference lore.

-Taakhooshi, and Me

For the Story of Taakhooshi:
http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Taakhooshi
Re: Blink 08/05/2012 11:57 AM CDT
I'd definately like to see blink ONLY activate if the physical attack would cause a wound. That 101 endroll that doesn't do more than 1-2 damage and no wound being avoided is a waste of mana.

Keith/Brinret

Five Jewish men who influenced the history of Wester Civilization:
Moses said the law is everything.
Jesus said love is everything.
Marx said capital is everything.
Freud said sex is everything.
Einstein said everything is relative.
Re: Blink 08/05/2012 01:10 PM CDT
Just chiming in here...

I've never used 115 unless I'm in CvC.
Re: Blink 08/06/2012 11:57 AM CDT
I cast 115 as in my standard prep for each hunt and have done so for years. While it makes great dispel bait, I cannot once remember it activating against an attack. It only gets included like 1613 for the hope it will be lost before some useful spell is.

AIM: GS4Menos

>Here lies the formless world we´re living in
>Gravity is finally giving in
>High altitudes and still upward we go
>I was never meant to lead but to follow