1214 Brace question 07/14/2012 03:39 PM CDT

I know I keep posting minor mental spell questions here but this seems like it might be a better place for them now. Let me know if ya'll want me to post these in the minor mental sub forum instead.

So, my question is regarding the spell description which states that this spell works when not holding a shield or a weapon. It also has a chance to disarm with a weaponless parry. Does the spell work with the UCS friendly brawling questions when held or does holding them negate the spell as well?

Thanks!
Re: 1214 Brace question 07/14/2012 03:59 PM CDT
ALUVIUS
So, my question is regarding the spell description which states that this spell works when not holding a shield or a weapon. It also has a chance to disarm with a weaponless parry. Does the spell work with the UCS friendly brawling questions when held or does holding them negate the spell as well?

The spell does two things. First, it allows you to parry without requiring a weapon. Second, if you parry without a weapon or are hit on your arms or hands with a melee attack, you have a chance to disarm your opponent.

So the answer your questions, if you're using one of the UCS brawling weapons, you don't need the first benefit since you're already holding a weapon (and as such, can parry attacks). For the second benefit, you can't disarm you opponent when you parry with a one of the UCS brawling weapons. The bony protrusions are what cause the disarm effect and you're using a weapon instead of them to parry. However, if you're hit on your arms or hands, you can still disarm your opponent, regardless of if you have a weapon or not.

GameMaster Estild
Cleric/Empath Team
Re: 1214 Brace question 07/14/2012 10:22 PM CDT

Got it, thanks!