418 - Mana Focus - Small Bug Fix 05/29/2018 10:16 PM CDT
I discovered a long standing bug with Mana Focus this weekend and just pushed a fix for it. The formula for success is on the gswiki. A fully trained caster should be able to reduce the failure to 3%, however the long standing bug meant that the actual failure was much more random and higher than it should have been, making this spell more destructive than intended.

Normally I wouldn't make a post for such a small fix, but I realized while testing it that this bug has conditioned me to stop using Mana Focus completely over the years. So this post is to notify you that 418 should be much more reliable and reasonably safer to use going forward. As an additional note, the eligible 3% failures should also, on average, be less severe than previously experienced.

So, enjoy your safer 418. Except for you habitually bad dice rollers, you all can die in a fire!

Viduus
Re: 418 - Mana Focus - Small Bug Fix 05/30/2018 07:35 AM CDT
Thanks for the defect fix and notification! I, too, had become accustomed to crazy high failure rates with this spell.
Re: 418 - Mana Focus - Small Bug Fix 05/30/2018 08:03 AM CDT
I'd prefer posts about any changes, no matter how small. So notification is appreciated!
Re: 418 - Mana Focus - Small Bug Fix 05/31/2018 01:49 PM CDT

Thanks +2

:D

Askip
Re: 418 - Mana Focus - Small Bug Fix 06/04/2018 02:31 PM CDT

Haha, I just dumped all my EMC ranks out of frustration with this spell on a fixskill, like two weeks before this post.
Re: 418 - Mana Focus - Small Bug Fix 08/11/2018 10:05 AM CDT

>Except for you habitually bad dice rollers, you all can die in a fire!

burning up