Does Imbed(420) have a limit to how many things you can imbed? 07/15/2017 04:27 PM CDT
So I know the following message:

You are not mentally prepared to imbed a spell in that.

Typically indicates you have not yet cast 420 at the item you are trying to imbed. However I was testing stuff last night and imbedding a few items at a time when I started to get the above message. Strange thing is it only seemed to happen on blank Ranger imbeds and I made sure 420 was successfully cast at the rods first. If I tried a blank Ranger amulet it worked just fine. Then a few minutes later I was able to imbed rods again. Now today I'm having the same problem.

Someone help a poor little wizard out!
Re: Does Imbed(420) have a limit to how many things you can imbed? 07/15/2017 04:45 PM CDT
Or maybe not all Ranger rods can be imbedded? But then why would 420 be successful if that were the case? The mind wonders...
Re: Does Imbed(420) have a limit to how many things you can imbed? 07/15/2017 05:07 PM CDT
You may be using MY when you don't need it. I seem to recall that creating strange behavior. The 420 locks the target item, so my actually interferes.
Re: Does Imbed(420) have a limit to how many things you can imbed? 07/15/2017 05:11 PM CDT
>You may be using MY when you don't need it. I seem to recall that creating strange behavior. The 420 locks the target item, so my actually interferes.

I was careful to not use my, also even happened with a script (it would work then not) that I never changed.
Re: Does Imbed(420) have a limit to how many things you can imbed? 07/16/2017 10:27 AM CDT
Never had an issue using 420 on a blank imbed.

>prep 420
>cast my (item)

>imbed (spell) into (item) using (activator) for X charges

Should be that simple and cause no issues.

-Drumpel
Re: Does Imbed(420) have a limit to how many things you can imbed? 07/16/2017 06:22 PM CDT
>Should be that simple and cause no issues.

See if you can gather 10 blank rods and imbed them all back to back.

Just want to see if anyone else has this problem too or if the GMs are picking on me personally :(
Re: Does Imbed(420) have a limit to how many things you can imbed? 07/16/2017 07:11 PM CDT
I feel like there was (at least once) a cap on total imbeds. You used to get some minor quantity of exp for imbedding and a sorceress (Bloodsnake maybe?) would imbed for folks in TSSE for free en mass. Some sort of stink got raised and the cap was put in place to avoid too much exp gain. This knowledge is about 20 years out of date so it seems likely something could have changed.

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: Does Imbed(420) have a limit to how many things you can imbed? 07/17/2017 07:18 AM CDT
>See if you can gather 10 blank rods and imbed them all back to back.

Last little imbed session I did with my wizard was probably 4-5 months back. I went through 30-40 blank rods. I sat in a workshop to do the work so I could avoid hogging a table or annoying folks that wander through areas with imbedding scroll. On a full head of mana and a follow up pulse I can do 3 - 92 mana rods right in a row.

Outside of the odd minor failure "Something goes wrong with the process and you feel your power rush away from you." I haven't had any issue actually imbedding a spell in an item I have cast 420 on.

I don't plan on doing any imbedding anytime soon, but if by some chance down the road I run into a similar issue you're experiencing, I'll be sure to post it.

-Drumpel