405 changes...? Or did you guys break something? 06/21/2017 12:47 PM CDT
Kind of cleaning out some stuff on characters and I came across this item:

>an ivory and amber bracelet

It's mage rechargeable and according to the loresong it holds spell 507:

>As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the amber bracelet in your hand...
>The amber bracelet contains the spell Elemental Deflection, from the Major Elemental circle.
>You sense that the amber bracelet will disintegrate after its last magical charge has been expended.

However, when I cast 405 at it with my wizard, he can't detect what spell it is, just that it holds some spell with some charges left.

>prep 405
You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Elemental Detection spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cast my brace
You gesture at an ivory and amber bracelet.
You sense that this is a magical item. There seems to be a spell of some sort imbedded and the flows of essence indicate there may still be some charges left. You estimate that it can contain an average amount of mana.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

So I dug out my mage rechargeable 913 talisman and it's giving me the same issue, it doesn't show me the spell that it holds. My wizard should be able to detect it contains spell 913.

I have the same issue with a mage rechargeable talisman that holds spell 913. If I use my wizard and cast 405 at it, he can't tell what spell is in it. He can only see that it holds some spell with some charges. The loresinging from a bard still reveals the normal info - mage rechargeable, spell 913, persists.

-Drumpel
Re: 405 changes...? Or did you guys break something? 06/22/2017 12:06 AM CDT
Something was changed at some point, but I don't know when (before the ELR, I know). I know my sorcerer used to be able to see any spell he could cast in items years ago, but he hasn't been able to see anything beyond that there is a spell for quite some time. I thought it was just that I was finding items with spells he doesn't/can't know for a long time until I cast it on something I know I embedded myself and he couldn't see what the spell was.

After looking at the wiki page for the spell, it doesn't mention that it will reveal what any spell is in items. Just that ranks in Elemental Spells determines how much is shown (which is just enough to hint at something without actually being useful).

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: 405 changes...? Or did you guys break something? 06/22/2017 07:28 AM CDT
Something was changed at some point, but I don't know when (before the ELR, I know). I know my sorcerer used to be able to see any spell he could cast in items years ago, but he hasn't been able to see anything beyond that there is a spell for quite some time. I thought it was just that I was finding items with spells he doesn't/can't know for a long time until I cast it on something I know I embedded myself and he couldn't see what the spell was.
After looking at the wiki page for the spell, it doesn't mention that it will reveal what any spell is in items. Just that ranks in Elemental Spells determines how much is shown (which is just enough to hint at something without actually being useful).
Starchitin

I thought 405 was showing spells in items my wizard has knowledge of recently. Over the past couple of weeks I've been going through lockers and characters and I came across a backpack full of rods imbedded with 409 and 502. I can detect the spells in them using 405:'

>prep 405
You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Elemental Detection spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cast rod
You gesture at a thin rod.
You sense that the rod is a magic item that holds the spell "Elemental Blast" with several charges and it is not well suited for duplicating.
You detect that a thin rod can be recharged to its original capacity.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Why can I see a spell in one item that's native to my wizard, but I can't in another item?

If having:
Minor Elemental...50
Major Elemental...65
Wizard Base.......59

Isn't enough ranks in "elemental spells" (according to the gswiki) to see if an item contains the spell 507 or 913 to my wizard, then something is seriously wrong.

I can tell a rod has 409 with 50 ranks of MnE spells.
I can't tell a bracelet has 507 with 65 ranks of MjE spells.

Something was recently changed/adjusted with 405. I know for a fact that within the past 6 months I could detect spell 913 in the talisman I have by casting 405 on it. I can no longer do this.

I'm still standing by that something isn't working correctly with 405.

-Drumpel
Re: 405 changes...? Or did you guys break something? 06/22/2017 10:05 AM CDT
What's the activator on your bracelet?

Viduus
Re: 405 changes...? Or did you guys break something? 06/22/2017 10:32 AM CDT
Drumpel
Kind of cleaning out some stuff on characters and I came across this item:
>an ivory and amber bracelet
It's mage rechargeable and according to the loresong it holds spell 507:
>As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the amber bracelet in your hand...
>The amber bracelet contains the spell Elemental Deflection, from the Major Elemental circle.
>You sense that the amber bracelet will disintegrate after its last magical charge has been expended.
However, when I cast 405 at it with my wizard, he can't detect what spell it is, just that it holds some spell with some charges left.

Can you BUGITEM the bracelet so we can investigate it. If you know the spell, you should definitely be able to detect it.

GameMaster Estild
Re: 405 changes...? Or did you guys break something? 06/22/2017 10:44 AM CDT
>What's the activator on your bracelet?

Loresong info - an ivory and amber bracelet
(item is mage rechargeable, not sure if that's still a in game secret and allowed to be posted here)
This is a tappable item, which casts spells from the Elemental sphere. It has a few charges.
The amber bracelet contains the spell Elemental Deflection, from the Major Elemental circle.
You sense that the amber bracelet will disintegrate after its last magical charge has been expended.

405 info when cast from my wizard:
You gesture at an ivory and amber bracelet.
You sense that this is a magical item. There seems to be a spell of some sort imbedded and the flows of essence indicate there may still be some charges left. You estimate that it can contain an average amount of mana.

The same issue happens with the 913 talisman I have.

Loresong info - a dreamstone studded bronze talisman
(item is mage rechargeable, not sure if that's still a in game secret and allowed to be posted here)
This is a magical item, which casts spells from the Elemental sphere. It has many charges. (no indicator of what verb for activation)
The studded bronze talisman contains the spell Melgorehn's Aura, from the Wizard circle.
You sense that the studded bronze talisman will persist after its last magical charge has been expended.

405 info when cast from my wizard:
You gesture at a dreamstone studded bronze talisman.

Spells known for my wizard:
Your spell lists:
Minor Elemental...50
Major Elemental...65
Wizard Base.......59

Can you BUGITEM the bracelet so we can investigate it. If you know the spell, you should definitely be able to detect it.
GameMaster Estild

Done. I did bugitem on both the bracelet and talisman.

-Drumpel