Lores... 09/10/2015 05:29 PM CDT
How about some love for AIR lore...mmmkay

This isn't normal!
What do you mean this isn't normal!?!
This is way worse!!
Re: Lores... 09/10/2015 09:36 PM CDT
Wow I was just thinking about where to post the same thing, thanks for making it easy :D

Lets review:

402 - Rather terrible addition of being able to point out terribly trained hiders.

405 - Not quite as useless, but still bad. Now can see flares and whether something is enhancive or not. Flares ok, but it's not consistent (only prime elemental flares) making it not very definitive. And thus, useless for saying "This does not have flares." Also the enhancive thing can be done by anyone in any town. Phhhbhhhbtbtbtbtbtttt!
Give air mages the ability to read spirit spells on imbeds. No one can do this, there is no spiritual 405 and it's not worth bugging bards with every crappy imbed we pick up. If not air mages, then at least sorcs would make sense. Let someone do it with 405! It's a bloody spell specifically designed to detect magic. But fails at it 75% of the time.

501 - Not quite doing it. Almost but falls short, imho. No base means the chance is quite low and even when it procs.. it's on sleep success so you already have them prone and in offensive. I dunno. Certainly better than than the other two but not as good as any of the fire changes. Sleep suffers for being in direct competition with Call Wind which is almost always the better choice. This lore does nothing to help that. Now that this spell has an increasing cost with level, I don't know why it also needs a huge WM to be effective. Seems kinda gimped compared to other CS disablers.

504 - Terrible spell gets less terrible. But the main benefit is from a spell fix. The lore thing... it's ok. One extra target for every 20 ranks... Yeah.. I suppose if you're fighting something where slow is useful (highly unlikely, but not completely impossible) then getting dual/triple casting is pretty good.

901/910 - Sounds pretty awesome. Upon testing... ehhh. 5-10 damage per flare really ain't blowing my skirt up. Creatures have LOTS of hps, we're not killing halflings here. Plus, at least in my testing, it did not seem to have any chance at doing crit damage. That's fine, but if you ain't critting, at least do some decent hp damage. 10% chance at 0-20hp over 8 seconds. Meh.

920 - Slow is still slow. I should be benefiting from the first tier of faster pet finding but if there's a difference, I can't see it. 20 seconds to find someone 10-20 rooms away. Still pretty disappointing.

Looking at this list it seems there have been air lore releases, they're just bad. Not sure what the deal is but I am not enticed to increase my air lore over 24 ranks at all with offerings like these.

I prefer what's happening with fire, less additions but each one is solid. I'd scrap ALL of these to quadruple the vortex chance on 912. I actually like that stupid windy thing but the proc chance is rather low (by actual human standards, if not ELR ones).

I'm a practical guy. I consider my character an air mage, and have attuned accordingly, but that doesn't mean I'm going to dump a bunch of TPs into stuff that isn't useful. Fire, Earth and even Water(!) is providing better value for TPs currently, at least past the 24 ranks required for haste.
Re: Lores... 09/10/2015 10:43 PM CDT
Air lore had love BEFORE the review. Its gotten some more.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Lores... 09/10/2015 11:17 PM CDT

-Disk bonus room on a seed 10 ranks.

-Haste: -1 sec per 100 EL:A skill (<--- the only reason people train in air lore)

-Call wind: not sure exactly on how this one is calculated. Vortex's are pretty cool but don't proc too often. I would consider this one an ok bonus for training in air lore. But hardly worth the TPs considering the weaksauce in my first post.

Oh and I missed the best one from the new lot, not realizing it wasn't earth lore:

911 (blurs): +1 dodge ranks per seed 1(EL:A ranks). The dodge formula is rather convoluted but for an average wizard it seemed to break down to about (.95 * dodge ranks) = +DS in guarded and (.75 * bonus ranks) = bonus DS in offensive. That's assuming you aren't wearing heavier than soft leather or wearing a shield. That's actually one of the better defensive changes since it isn't dependent on RNG.
Re: Lores... 09/11/2015 07:39 PM CDT
Ok, how about air lore love that makes better sense to bards.

This isn't normal!
What do you mean this isn't normal!?!
This is way worse!!
Re: Lores... 09/12/2015 01:09 PM CDT
Just to be selfish, I'll say I was wondering if the ELR was gonna touch sorcery spells. Not because the Sorcerer Base didn't get a very nice overhaul in HSN 2015.

In fact, my sorcerer is generally interested in opening boxes, etc, as well as using Mana Focus for scroll infusion, so water lore is fairly obvious.

Yet, as a class with three circles that use three different lores, it would be kind of nice if the Water Lore (or any other, since I really don't want to speak only for myself) did something more than a tweak on DC (which I don't use for hunting lately).

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Lores... 09/12/2015 01:11 PM CDT

>it would be kind of nice if the Water Lore (or any other, since I really don't want to speak only for myself) did something more than a tweak on DC (which I don't use for hunting lately).

it adds to total elemental lore ranks that greatly speeds up the formation and rounds of energy maelstrom. I personally love 710, so I don't consider it a throwaway benefit.
Re: Lores... 09/12/2015 01:15 PM CDT
>it adds to total elemental lore ranks that greatly speeds up the formation and rounds of energy maelstrom. I personally love 710, so I don't consider it a throwaway benefit.

Yeah because I've used 710...or no I didn't since level 40. In fact, the sorcerers who try that hunting tactic die a lot in the Citadel, where Kaldonis never died once.

Your post was, naturally, teasing us.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Lores... 09/12/2015 07:54 PM CDT
Just to be selfish, I'll say I was wondering if the ELR was gonna touch sorcery spells. Not because the Sorcerer Base didn't get a very nice overhaul in HSN 2015.

Well, we found out the exact cut-off for extra crit damaghe cycles with 719, which is valuable information; 12/50/100 ranks all add one damage cycle to the respective elemental lore, which kind of implies that 12 ranks of each elemental lore is a worthwhile investment. Also, 410/435 got a nice boost from 50 ranks of air lore (it now effects flying creatures at 50 ranks) and the strength of 410/435 is increased by water lore, which again means water lore is also a good investment.

-Taakhooshi, and Me

For the Story of Taakhooshi:
http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Taakhooshi