Inventory armor...buggy? 03/03/2004 12:04 AM CST
i'm bugging this in game, but thought i'd throw it here as well.

>inv armor
You are wearing some glaes-linked ringmail with a pair of crossed sais emblazoned on the chest and some knee-high buccaneer's boots.
>ins boots
You carefully inspect your buccaneer's boots.

Your careful inspection of some knee-high buccaneer's boots allows you to conclude that it is not even armor that doesn't protect at all.

You determine that you could wear the boots on your feet.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

ok...so two thing strike me.

1) my boots aren't armor at all, something is filtering wonky.

2) the inspection message is a double negative kind of...it just sounds weird regardless. "it is not even armor that doesn't protect at all" does that mean it is armor that protects? or is it not armor but it somehow protects? i'm confused. My head hurts.

--Alsthar
I'm not a saint... I just make sure to burn all the witnesses.
Re: Inventory armor...buggy? 03/03/2004 02:22 PM CST
I'd have to see the boots in-game to make a determination about them.
Re: Inventory armor...buggy? 03/03/2004 03:43 PM CST
well the characer they are on would be Xanus, if you feel like taking a peek flag me down anytime. If Alsthar, or Soulain are in (my other two most likely bodies at this time) i can get xanus around as well.

...OR you could do the easy thing, and get a pair from "the sea chest" a shop at the north pier in solhaven :)

--Alsthar
Re: Inventory armor...buggy? 03/03/2004 05:00 PM CST
I looked up the INSPECT messaging, which is just awkward. It has the property of being an armor piece but does actually act as armor in combat. Which probably doesn't make sense, but INVENTORY ARMOR isn't wrong. =)
Re: Inventory armor...buggy? 03/03/2004 07:10 PM CST
yeah, i figured it was a wonky item set and not iventory armor. i mean, i didn't think it would be that difficult to make the inventory filter. (if itemisarmor = 1, display item) :)

--Alsthar