CM reallocation? A predicted situation? 01/30/2004 02:27 PM CST
For those of us who have spent our CM points a while back
Have to die of a heart attack
Waiting forever for our CM points to move
Into one of the newly released grooves?

Heh...enough rhyming. Will our points go back to zero when these are released so we can migrate the points into the new disciplines without having to wait for the migration time?

-Revalos' player
Re: CM reallocation? A predicted situation? 01/30/2004 05:31 PM CST
<,Heh...enough rhyming. Will our points go back to zero when these are released so we can migrate the points into the new disciplines without having to wait for the migration time?>>

I dunno about allowing that... Me and a few others have had enough foresight (back when the other CMs were "coming soon after") to save points. If you allow reallocation, make it be at a price.

rht
Re: CM reallocation? A predicted situation? 01/30/2004 05:33 PM CST
<< I dunno about allowing that... Me and a few others have had enough foresight (back when the other CMs were "coming soon after") to save points. If you allow reallocation, make it be at a price. >>

I have plenty of CM points left over to learn skills. But I say that when NEW skills are added, let any changes to training be instant. Why make someone's life hell instead of fun?

Lucos

If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your face.
Re: CM reallocation? A predicted situation? 01/30/2004 05:34 PM CST
Allow a price?

Its not like they are asking to train more ranks in cm, just change their points around.

The whole point of the new migration system was so when gm's released new things they could make it so migration times went faster, and they didn't have to offer reallocations all the time when characters got screwed over.

They will most likely do something, but It shouldn't come at a price.....

"When ever you see a short old person with a cane, Be as nice as possible to them, you never know when one might go yoda on you!"
Re: CM reallocation? A predicted situation? 01/30/2004 08:44 PM CST
Changing your CM points only takes like 2 minutes a rank. Set up your goals, come back in an hour, I'm sure you'll have it.

Asmodea Drey'Haus
Re: CM reallocation? A predicted situation? 01/30/2004 09:15 PM CST
>Changing your CM points only takes like 2 minutes a rank. Set up your goals, come back in an hour, I'm sure you'll have it. -Asmodea Drey'Haus

So...you could pick being a garotte master, then switch to shadow mastery for something else, then switch to something else? I don't think that ability will last. I'd imagine it will end up like other point migration with much longer wait times.

If not, I'd be curious if the ability to change skills rapidly is intended.

-Revalos' player
Re: CM reallocation? A predicted situation? 02/02/2004 02:51 PM CST
I believe its 2 minutes per CM point, not 2 minutes per rank... So something that cost 2 5 10 15 20, for instance, would take 104 minutes to go from 5th rank to 0 ranks.
Re: CM reallocation? A predicted situation? 02/02/2004 03:13 PM CST
It only seems to be costing me 2 minutes per rank as I bump around my skills right now deciding quite what I want where.

Asmodea Drey'Haus
Re: CM reallocation? A predicted situation? 02/02/2004 03:20 PM CST
It's currently two minutes per rank, regardless of CMP cost. We intend for this relatively rapid CML skill migration to remain until at least sometime after the upcoming skill release. Sometime after we release the majority of the list, CML skill migration times will be extended, likely on the basis on CMP cost.

Coase
Re: CM reallocation? A predicted situation? 02/02/2004 03:49 PM CST
Ah, alright.