Transferrence Bug 03/23/2012 11:15 PM CDT
So I finally learned how to fog and my first attempt causes a bug apparently. I reported it in game, but I reviewed my log (which I can email) and when I tried to fog (regular old gemstone) I ended up not by my target but in shelfae.

And it wasn't just me, Chalica. Happened to Arianiss as well.

But I think what happened is that whatever happened caused it to ignore my target and tarted this youngster Withers -

From my transcript-

>cast at arpelli
Arianiss traces a sign while beseeching the spirits for empowerment...
>
You gesture at Withers.
Your spell misfires.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>

Each time I fogged wrongly I ended up in with him, not that specific room.

It fixed itself about 5 minutes later.
Re: Transferrence Bug 03/24/2012 08:54 AM CDT
I'd guess those characters have numbers 1xyz and 0xyz where either the SF cast at link, or the 225 spell, or a combination, is only looking at xyz. Its the SF equivalent of not typing out the full name and getting someone else that the abbreviation also fits.

I started seeing errors due to character numbers getting more bits than the SF programming over a year ago.
Re: Transferrence Bug 03/24/2012 11:48 AM CDT

So I finally learned how to fog and my first attempt causes a bug apparently. I reported it in game, but I reviewed my log (which I can email) and when I tried to fog (regular old gemstone) I ended up not by my target but in shelfae.

And it wasn't just me, Chalica. Happened to Arianiss as well.

But I think what happened is that whatever happened caused it to ignore my target and tarted this youngster Withers -

From my transcript-

>cast at arpelli
Arianiss traces a sign while beseeching the spirits for empowerment...
>
You gesture at Withers.
Your spell misfires.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>

Each time I fogged wrongly I ended up in with him, not that specific room.

It fixed itself about 5 minutes later.

This bug has shown up before. It's not a bug with 225, it's a bug with cast AT.

The game interprets AT as WITH. So what the game was seeing was prep 225, cast WITH.

Just don't use cast at with 225. Cast at tries to target people in your room anyway, and you don't want that when casting 225 in the first place.

Dgry
Re: Transferrence Bug 04/01/2012 04:58 AM CDT
That makes sense. I also was using CAST AT.