Fire Lore 08/27/2018 08:26 PM CDT

I'm just going to jump right into this.. fire lore sucks, thematically, as the offensively-themed lore. It's a decent choice for a bolting wizard as they are leveling up, but it falls short when a capped wizard attempts to put into practice their full kit of spells. The opportunity cost of dropping other lore choices for fire is simply not worth it when most combat takes place in the first one or two spells with RapidFire. There are three changes that make sense to me, as a player, from a themed standpoint for the envisioning of the lores:

1. 520 fire - allow this effect to work while CASTing, instead of just CHANNELing. This armor flavor currently does not synergize with our primary booster, RapidFire, at all.

2. 520 fire - allow this effect to proportionally boost bolt AS from offensive stance. There is currently no offensive benefit to using this armor flavor. It only affords the caster a defensive boost, and only really provides a realistic benefit at 15 fire lore without further combat maneuver training.

3. 515 fire/air - allow fire lore to provide the current effect that air lore provides to 515. This is, by far, the strongest offensive perk that wizards have access to for our primary combat booster. Allow air lore a percentage chance to refresh or extend the duration of 515, which would bring it more in line with the themed purpose of air as a utility lore choice.

Thanks for reading!

Ragz
Re: Fire Lore 08/28/2018 05:08 AM CDT
515 - Chance to duplicate spell cast for zero mana. Chance is 25% of your total ranks (200 ranks would be 50% chance) of fire lore. Max 63% at 252 ranks.

520 - Chance to add an offensive fire flare to each cast. Chance based on fire lore ranks.

~Sabotage
Re: Fire Lore 08/28/2018 07:23 PM CDT
I support adding more uses for Elemental Lore, Fire, but it's highly unlikely we would enhance Rapid Fire (515) at all.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Fire Lore 08/29/2018 08:49 AM CDT

Changing (1) without (2) would only make 520 fire useable.

Changing (2) without (1) would be nil effec as 520 fire still wouldn’t synergize with RapidFire.

Changing both (1) & (2) would allow fire-heavy builds to at least function in a wizard’s full kit.

Changing (3) with both (1) & (2) would force players to make a real choice between utility/flexibility and offensive power.

Changing (3) without (1) & (2) would honestly not impact my lore setup at all.

Air: 55
Earth: 42
Fire: 30
Water: 75

These 3 changes don’t seem, to me, to grant power overwhelming. They just place offensive emphasis on fire lore, in my opinion.

I like what y’all did with the elemental lores and forcing players to make decisions, but I don’t feel like the decision to pass on fire lore is a difficult one at all.

Ragz
Re: Fire Lore 08/30/2018 09:53 AM CDT
The only use I have for fire lore anymore is to unlock Minor Steam. I used to be a 202 fire mage, now I have 20 ranks and the rest are in other lores. The 917 benefit is ok, just not worth the opportunity cost, and casting immolate is just depressing now.

~ Methais