Rodyn potions 04/24/2018 09:40 PM CDT
So, to clarify for everyone. These potions are real, and active in the game.

Rodyn potions are new alchemy potions that allow mages a 60 second window to charge magic items using merchant-system rules. To use them, you will need to go through the normal process of using 517 for charging. That means pure gem + grot, plus casting 517 at it to make it into a charging orb. Once it's an orb you can pour the rodyn potion on the item you intend to charge to make it chargeable for 60 seconds. In this window a single rub of the orb will fill the item to it's max merchant capacity - 405 will give you a sense of merchant capacity for most magic items.

These potions are designed to be used with magic items and I tried to make them as user friendly as possible. You can get a sense of whether or not an item meets the requirements for the potion by attempting a pour. Below is the messaging you will see on attempts, and what it means.

Item is not eligible
pour my pot on my maul
You stop short of pouring the potion as you sense you would waste it on this item.

Item is eligible
>pour pot on my statue
You pause your action, taking a moment to reflect on the fact that your small statue will be fundamentally changed by the resulting chemical reaction.
[Pour again in the next 30 seconds to confirm this action.] <---this is monsterbolded

Item is eligible and you confirm the pour
>pour pot on my statue
You pour your rodyn potion on a small statue.
Red smoke rises from a small statue as the liquid coats its surface.
[You sense you have 60 seconds to charge a small statue before the liquid fully dries.] <--- this is monsterbolded
You have 4 doses left.

The above safety precautions are in place to try and prevent waste of pours, but I would still recommend common sense use with these (all) potions. You can probably destroy them by doing things like attempting to mix with other potions, drinking, mixing odds and ends magic with them.

Viduus