Bug with rapid fire? 02/27/2018 04:34 AM CST
I feel like there is something wrong with this.

Seeing an opportunity, you accelerate time and empower your spell!
You channel at a lesser griffin.
You hurl a stream of water at a lesser griffin!
AS: +380 vs DS: +261 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +17 = +159
... and hit for 24 points of damage!
Blow to back connects lightly.
The water completely drenches a lesser griffin!
Cast Roundtime 1 Second.
Roundtime: 0 sec.

Shouldn't it be changing the cast roundtime to 0 rather than giving me a 0 second physical roundtime?

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: Bug with rapid fire? 02/27/2018 08:46 AM CST
MENOS
Shouldn't it be changing the cast roundtime to 0 rather than giving me a 0 second physical roundtime?

No, the lore benefit allows for a random chance to automatically channel a spell (in offensive stance) with 0 seconds of RT. It does not affect castRT.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Bug with rapid fire? 02/27/2018 09:08 AM CST
Ah, just a bug in my understanding. :)

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: Bug with rapid fire? 03/14/2018 11:22 AM CDT
>No, the lore benefit allows for a random chance to automatically channel a spell (in offensive stance) with 0 seconds of RT. It does not affect castRT.

Any chance we could get this updated to something more useful at some point? Something like a double cast flare (or something, I don't know) seems like it would be more useful than something that has to be manually reacted to faster than a person is capable of reacting in order to make that channel "worth" it, as most people would just end up CASTing another spell since when 515 is up we're typically spamming a spell every second. It would take noticeably more time to see the proc and then react to it by inputting a CHANNEL command immediately after. The current benefit basically requires either a script or mashing macros to be efficient.

>Ah, just a bug in my understanding. :)

Not a bug, as your cast RT is still 1 but your physical RT is 0. A normal CHANNEL would make you unable to move for 3 seconds. You can move instantly, but you still can't cast again for 1 second. Very situational dependent. I've yet to find a situation that made use of it.

~ Methais
Re: Bug with rapid fire? 03/14/2018 01:23 PM CDT
Methais
Any chance we could get this updated to something more useful at some point? Something like a double cast flare (or something, I don't know) seems like it would be more useful than something that has to be manually reacted to faster than a person is capable of reacting in order to make that channel "worth" it, as most people would just end up CASTing another spell since when 515 is up we're typically spamming a spell every second. It would take noticeably more time to see the proc and then react to it by inputting a CHANNEL command immediately after. The current benefit basically requires either a script or mashing macros to be efficient.

That's not how the lore benefit works. It's automatically channels the spell for you (as if you were in offensive stance and with no roundtime). The existing lore benefit isn't something you react to at all. You can completely ignore or take full attention to when it triggers and it has no impact on anything your character did, could have done at the time, or should do next.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Bug with rapid fire? 03/14/2018 02:00 PM CDT
Particularly since--being a random result--you cannot bank on it, so the amount of time that it takes for the player to realize, "Hey, I could do something!" probably runs right through the benefit payoff. Just as you say.

Now, if it gave you a beneficial effect, that you could trigger on demand, that you could check up on to see how long you had them 'loaded' (like how the new Tremors/909 is done) with 'spell active' or some sort of visual cue as to how many you had built up (like the quartz-orb baldrics)...

So you could get that reduction-to-0 when you wanted it, on a specific cast, knowing that the physical RT would be 0... that could be tasty.
Re: Bug with rapid fire? 03/14/2018 02:15 PM CDT
<Estild's answer>

Then... ignore what I just said. :)
Re: Bug with rapid fire? 03/15/2018 12:07 PM CDT
>That's not how the lore benefit works. It's automatically channels the spell for you (as if you were in offensive stance and with no roundtime). The existing lore benefit isn't something you react to at all. You can completely ignore or take full attention to when it triggers and it has no impact on anything your character did, could have done at the time, or should do next.

Nifty, that's way better. No idea how I didn't notice that. Might be because my "bolt" macro is set to run the command twice, to avoid that annoying "wait 1 second..." when I cast again little too early.

TLDR:
https://i.imgur.com/Z1eIy.gif

~ Methais