540 acting weird? 02/26/2018 12:17 PM CST
I've seen this happen multiple times now. I don't understand why the spell is triggering when I'm in no danger at all.

A kiramon defender darts behind you quickly and tries to hamstring you with its pincers!
[Roll result: 19 (open d100: 87)]
The kiramon defender's swing goes wide!
>stance o
>incant 903
>stance d
You are now in an offensive stance.
>
Your hands glow with power as you invoke the phrase for Minor Water...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a kiramon defender.
You hurl a seething blast of steam at a kiramon defender!
AS: +295 vs DS: +186 with AvD: +44 + d100 roll: +87 = +240
... and hit for 80 points of damage!
Fuming water vapors make the kiramon defender's knees all wobbly.
The kiramon defender is knocked to the ground!
The kiramon defender is stunned!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
Cast Round Time in effect: Setting stance to guarded.
>

Your surroundings melt away as the air around you shivers with a large flux of mana. You glimpse yourself seriously harmed at the hands of a kiramon defender before being wrenched back in time prior to your calamity. The temporal shadows fade with the oddly calming feeling of deja vu.

In this case, there was only one kiramon in the room, and it was stunned when 540 triggered. I don't understand why. It seems like I see it trigger randomly when mobs are stunned more often then when they swing at me.

-Cinto
Re: 540 acting weird? 02/26/2018 12:22 PM CST
Some creatures have a reactive flare (like the mages[??] on Teras Isle when they die) which I believe can also trigger the Time Warp.
Re: 540 acting weird? 02/26/2018 12:29 PM CST
I've seen this happen multiple times now. I don't understand why the spell is triggering when I'm in no danger at all.
A kiramon defender darts behind you quickly and tries to hamstring you with its pincers!
[Roll result: 19 (open d100: 87)]
The kiramon defender's swing goes wide!

This attack triggered 540 to react, which is probably why it missed.

Your surroundings melt away as the air around you shivers with a large flux of mana. You glimpse yourself seriously harmed at the hands of a kiramon defender before being wrenched back in time prior to your calamity. The temporal shadows fade with the oddly calming feeling of deja vu.

This message can be delayed and doesn't display immediately after it's triggered.
Re: 540 acting weird? 02/26/2018 12:36 PM CST

I see, it's a bit misleading when it happens 5-6 seconds after the attack it effected.
Re: 540 acting weird? 02/26/2018 02:21 PM CST
>>A kiramon defender darts behind you quickly and tries to hamstring you with its pincers!
>>[Roll result: 19 (open d100: 87)]

That 87 going to a 19 result was your 540 kicking in.

And yes, if you send a command that leads to an immediate result return (like an attack, or look - etc.) then the 'glimpse of the disasterous future avoided' will always come late.

Doug