515 Rapid Fire - Water Lore Benefit Bug, not working 11/10/2017 10:34 AM CST
According to the wiki:

Elemental Lore, Water[edit]
Training in Water Lore provides a chance to negate the cooldown when the effect ends based on a seed 1 summation of ranks.

I have 56 ranks in water lore so I should be getting a 10% chance of not having a cooldown.

I just casted rapid fire 25 times in a row to test and every single time, I had a cooldown when the effected ended. I tested this because during the last DR, I went thru must've been over a hundred rapid fires and never noticed a cooldown negation.

Is there something I'm not noticing or a bug with messaging? Anyone else seeing this?
Re: 515 Rapid Fire - Water Lore Benefit Bug, not working 11/13/2017 11:44 AM CST
NENMOONIA
I have 56 ranks in water lore so I should be getting a 10% chance of not having a cooldown.
I just casted rapid fire 25 times in a row to test and every single time, I had a cooldown when the effected ended. I tested this because during the last DR, I went thru must've been over a hundred rapid fires and never noticed a cooldown negation.
Is there something I'm not noticing or a bug with messaging? Anyone else seeing this?

I just tested it and it appears to be working fine. However, previously, there was no messaging to know when it kicked in (you had to type SPELL ACTIVE) to see if the Recovery debuff was listed or not. I added new messaging when Rapid Fire (515) is cast to note when the Elemental Lore, Water benefit kicks in.

GameMaster Estild
Re: 515 Rapid Fire - Water Lore Benefit Bug, not working 11/14/2017 02:45 AM CST
Awesome, thanks Estlid!
Re: 515 Rapid Fire - Water Lore Benefit Bug, not working 11/16/2017 09:16 AM CST
No lie, this kind of responsiveness is what brought me back after a near-decade hiatus!

Thanks Estild!

~C
Re: 515 Rapid Fire - Water Lore Benefit Bug, not working 11/16/2017 09:18 AM CST
>> No lie, this kind of responsiveness is what brought me back after a near-decade hiatus!

>> Thanks Estild!

You raise an excellent point here and one that probably goes underappreciated at times (at least by me). So +1 from me! Thanks Estild (and other equally responsive GMs)!

-- Robert

Damp deeply exclaims, "It's a wizard's locked project!"
Re: 515 Rapid Fire - Water Lore Benefit Bug, not working 11/16/2017 09:22 AM CST

>No lie, this kind of responsiveness is what brought me back after a near-decade hiatus!

+1.

The ERR (Estild Rapid Response) team strikes again!

:D

Thanks,
Askip
Re: 515 Rapid Fire - Water Lore Benefit Bug, not working 11/17/2017 03:46 AM CST
Hi Estlid, I tried today to check what the messaging is but looks like its still not working: (note I'm guessing the rapid fire recovery time here is from Uber spells?)

Didn't kick in:

>
You feel the surge of magic depart.
As the surge of magic departs, you feel a slight elemental fatigue settle in.
>
[ Rapid Fire Recovery: +0:00:48, 0:00:48 remaining. ]
>spell active
You currently have the following active spells:
Rapid Fire Recovery ................ 0:00:34

>
[ Rapid Fire Recovery: +0:00:47, 0:00:47 remaining. ]
>spell active
Rapid Fire Recovery ................ 0:00:42
Mana Leech Recovery ................ 0:00:43

>
>
You feel fully energetic again.
>
>spell active
Rapid Fire Recovery ................ 0:00:15
Mana Leech Recovery ................ 0:02:08

When it did finally kick in:

>
>spell active
Next Bounty ........................ 0:04:18

On spell active, it doesn't show up so it was successful but instead of a new messaging, it just omits the old messaging (you feel a slight elemental fatigue settle in.). Can you take a look to see if the messaging is working right?
Re: 515 Rapid Fire - Water Lore Benefit Bug, not working 11/17/2017 10:22 AM CST
NENMOONIA
Hi Estlid, I tried today to check what the messaging is but looks like its still not working: (note I'm guessing the rapid fire recovery time here is from Uber spells?)
On spell active, it doesn't show up so it was successful but instead of a new messaging, it just omits the old messaging (you feel a slight elemental fatigue settle in.). Can you take a look to see if the messaging is working right?

In your examples, you're looking the messaging when 515 ends. But the lore effect is calculated and applied when the spell is cast, so you need to check for the messaging then. This is what it looks like:

>incant 515
You recite a series of mystical phrases while raising your hands, invoking Rapid Fire...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You feel the magic surge through you.
Moisture beads on the surface of your skin then evaporates away, taking with it your recent elemental fatigue.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

GameMaster Estild