520 - Bug or feature? 07/21/2017 06:14 PM CDT
>incant 520 fire
You recite a series of mystical phrases while raising your hands, invoking Mage Armor...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
A layer of raw elemental energy forms around you.
You shift the focus of the surrounding energies into fire.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
>
[ Mage Armor: +1:25:00, 1:25:00 remaining. ]
A rabid squirrel scampers south.
>stance d
You are now in a defensive stance.
>s
[Kobold Village, Squirrel Hutch]
Gnawed bones and other more obscene carrion weave a grisly carpet here, a tapestry depicting carnage more vivid than the most gifted and demented of mortal artists might dare. You struggle to hold down your latest meal as you note a familiar looking skull nearby. What fate could be worse than to spend eternity between the razor sharp teeth of diseased rodents? You also see a rabid squirrel.
Obvious exits: north
>at
You swing a twisted modwir short-staff at a rabid squirrel!
AS: +57 vs DS: +29 with AvD: +20 + d100 roll: +47 = +95
A clean miss.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>
A rabid squirrel scampers north.
>n
[Kobold Village, Squirrel Hutch]
Jagged fingers of metal point from the walls and roof at a thousand angles like a mob of kobolds asked to give directions. The ground is awash with rodent urine and there are more squirrel pellets piled across the sodden ground than gems in an archmage's coffers. If you lived here, you'd have a bad attitude too. You also see a rabid squirrel.
Obvious exits: northeast, south, northwest
>at
AS: +57 vs DS: +29 with AvD: +20 + d100 roll: +87 = +135
... and hit for 20 points of damage!
Large gash to the right arm, several muscles torn.
The rabid squirrel is stunned!
>at
Fiery energy from your mage armor weaves itself into your spell, strengthening it!
AS: +66 vs DS: +25 with AvD: +20 + d100 roll: +97 = +158
... and hit for 40 points of damage!
Left leg mangled horribly.
The rabid squirrel twitches its tail one last time and dies.

I don't know why 520 FIRE version is on me since I have no EL:F ranks (only EL:E) and I never ever, not once, have I ever INCANT 520 FIRE. I have always INCANT 520 EARTH or used MANA SPELLUP (last I checked after using MANA SPELLUP when I had no spells, it did cast me 520 EARTH version).

I wanted to test this weapon of mine since it shows on the INSPECT verb that the weapon is a modified mace (yet it swings like a crappy cudgle) and I bugged it some time ago (and again just now, along with registering the weapon). Cudgle AvD vs cloth or AsG5 is 20 whereas a mace AvD is 31 vs cloth and 32 vs AsG 5.

While swinging the weapon in defensive I noticed the Fiery energy from your mage armor weaves itself into your spell, strengthening it! message. I was under the impression this was supposed to trigger when you CHANNEL a spell, not when you swing a weapon.

Steps I did to reproduce the issue:
STOP 520
INCANT 520 EARTH
Stance defensive
Swing the weapon 20 times - no "Fiery energy from your mage armor weaves itself into your spell, strengthening it!" messaging.
STOP 520
INCANT 520 FIRE
Stance defensive
Swing the weapon 4 times and got the "Fiery energy from your mage armor weaves itself into your spell, strengthening it!" messaging.
STOP 520
use MANA SPELLUP - shows 520 EARTH version is cast
Stance defensive
Swing the weapon a couple dozen times - no "Fiery energy from your mage armor weaves itself into your spell, strengthening it!" messaging
STOP 520
INCANT 520 EARTH
MANA SPELLUP 2x (to see if mana spellup was causing some issue)
Stance defensive
Swing the weapon a couple dozen times - no "Fiery energy from your mage armor weaves itself into your spell, strengthening it!"

Issue only seems to come up when swinging a weapon after having 520 FIRE cast on you.

-Drumpel
Re: 520 - Bug or feature? 07/21/2017 06:30 PM CDT

you forgot the most important part. did you get the proper bonus for channeling your swing?
Re: 520 - Bug or feature? 07/21/2017 11:34 PM CDT
Weird.

I was able to get this to work and it seems to trigger about 20% of the time for me.

You swing a closed fist at a Neartofar troll!
AS: +67 vs DS: +54 with AvD: +8 + d100 roll: +20 = +41
A clean miss.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Roundtime changed to 1 second.
>att
You swing a closed fist at a Neartofar troll!
Fiery energy from your mage armor weaves itself into your spell, strengthening it!
AS: +75 vs DS: +54 with AvD: +8 + d100 roll: +100 = +129
... and hit for 1 point of damage!
Thumped the Neartofar troll's chest.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Roundtime changed to 1 second.

I say this is a hilarious warmage feature. For 15 ranks in EL:F it can allow you to swing with your stance offensive AS while in advanced stance.
Re: 520 - Bug or feature? 07/23/2017 04:36 PM CDT
This is definitely a bug. I'll be digging into it shortly.

Is your short staff ebladed, edged, or ensorcelled or anything similar?

Viduus
Re: 520 - Bug or feature? 07/23/2017 07:00 PM CDT
>Is your short staff ebladed, edged, or ensorcelled or anything similar?

The short-staff I have is enchanted to 5x. Nothing else, no eblade and no edge on it.

-Drumpel