506 Haste Update/502 Update! 07/10/2017 10:44 AM CDT

I'm pleased to see a GM interested in the new spell concepts. After posting maybe 30-40 (more?) in the last 6 months or so, am curious about feedback.

506 Update: Make it EVOKED for an option so that when something like the STOMP verb but maybe WAGGLE or whatever refreshes it at no mana cost. Increase to mana to EVOKE first. The reason is that as a battlemage you are constantly re-hasting and 60 seconds is not so spiffy. It goes by fast. The 3 sec RT makes a big difference. If not EVOKED then maybe give an increase to how long it lasts based on lores/level/stats.

502...not sure if I even wrote the original 502 update concept or not but I just thought of a good one for it!

If you use 502 and re-cast the same spell, then you get a spell concentration effect which boosts the power of the next cast. This can be for spellups or for attack spells. Example- You incant 502, then you incant a 908. You incant 908 again and the next cast at a Stone Sentinel sees an AS bonus of +10! Or a CS bonus if a warding spell. It could be done a lot of ways like you get more casts to store based on a threshold from training/level, so you're 46th level and you train in the right lore so you get four casts to store max. A first time user just getting the spell maybe will get 2? And each one stacks. If you store a defensive spell then you will get an increase in the benefits (I know the balance is pretty delicate so imagine it would be not too wild an increase). Even a +4 to DS from the use of Thurfels four times stored would be cool. Also, it might be good to be able to increase the duration times of spells which are not stackable and only refreshable, so they last longer if you cast them after they are stored.

It's an old school spell that could stay but could use an update!
Re: 506 Haste Update/502 Update! 07/10/2017 10:46 AM CDT

Haste is now 535, and 506 is Celerity.

In regards to 502, this is sort of what it already does, though more element based.
Re: 506 Haste Update/502 Update! 07/10/2017 11:21 AM CDT
502 will already kill capped critters with 4-6 casts, pretty powerful for a two mana spell that you can cast from guarded stance.

:D
Re: 506 Haste Update/502 Update! 07/13/2017 09:46 PM CDT
You stand around and cast 4-6 spells at a capped critter? If i don't knock them down AND stun them on the first cast, i'm in trouble.
Re: 506 Haste Update/502 Update! 07/14/2017 07:14 AM CDT

>You stand around and cast 4-6 spells at a capped critter?

It may be due to my specific build.

Seers and adepts cannot hit me with AS or TD spells. So with the release of 520/water the seers rarely dispel me, and 502 will stun adepts most of the time.

However, when the griffins and champions show up, out comes the fire and lightning.

:D