IS 515 rapid fire 0rt working correctly? 05/26/2017 11:47 AM CDT
You channel at a huge water elemental.
You hurl a seething blast of steam at a huge water elemental!
AS: +490 vs DS: +323 with AvD: +48 + d100 roll: +60 = +275
... and hit for 91 points of damage!
Cast Roundtime 1 Second.
Roundtime: 0 sec.
>
You are now in an advancing stance.
>stance off
>incant 903 evoke
>stance adv
You are now in an offensive stance.
>
Wait 1 sec.

GBB
Re: IS 515 rapid fire 0rt working correctly? 05/26/2017 11:49 AM CDT
Yes, that's how it's intended. RF now has a minimum 1 second delay after a cast.
Re: IS 515 rapid fire 0rt working correctly? 05/26/2017 11:51 AM CDT
I thought that was just a bug / rounding issue of some sort with the Rountime: line. I wasn't aware that Rapidfire would ever have less than 1 seconds RT at this point(so I think it is working correctly but displaying misleading information on the Roundtime: line).

-- Robert
Re: IS 515 rapid fire 0rt working correctly? 05/26/2017 11:52 AM CDT
We've been told it's correct and it's 0 seconds of hard RT, but CT will always be a min of 1 second.
Re: IS 515 rapid fire 0rt working correctly? 05/26/2017 11:54 AM CDT

>I thought that was just a bug / rounding issue of some sort with the Rountime: line. I wasn't aware that Rapidfire would ever have less than 1 seconds RT at this point(so I think it is working correctly but displaying misleading information on the Roundtime: line).

your hard RT is 0, your cast RT is 1. The hard RT being 0 while channeling is an Air Lore benefit

https://gswiki.play.net/Rapid_Fire_(515)#Elemental_Lore.2C_Air

>Training in Air Lore provides a chance to cause a spell to be CHANNELled without incurring the normal hard RT from channeling based on a seed 1 summation of ranks. When this effect occurs for a warding spell, the caster will be treated as if they were in offensive stance for the purposes of determining the bonus from channeling.
Re: IS 515 rapid fire 0rt working correctly? 05/26/2017 12:09 PM CDT
>> your hard RT is 0, your cast RT is 1. The hard RT being 0 while channeling is an Air Lore benefit

Okay. Makes sense! I never channel but do see the messaging switch between 1 / 0 at times (or an additional line with 0 seconds when the air lore is triggered).

Looking back I also see that the original email example was for a channeled spell.

-- Robert
Re: IS 515 rapid fire 0rt working correctly? 05/26/2017 12:10 PM CDT
>>Wait 1 sec.

As V stated, and this 1 sec delay occurs after a stance switch response - so it's associated with the Cast RT. Might possibly be a script logic situation, if you're using a script to kill the critter.

Doug
Re: IS 515 rapid fire 0rt working correctly? 05/26/2017 12:10 PM CDT
>> Looking back I also see that the original email example was for a channeled spell.

I missed that too, and it's fully likely the OP Cast and got a free upgrade from lore, which would be a totally bad thing if it put you into 1 second hard rt (since it would upgrade cast to hard)