Addition to 513 05/04/2017 05:54 AM CDT
So recently Attuning adding phantom lore ranks has been brought up and I wanted to put this down before I forgot about it.

What if 513 Elemental Focus actually Focused the wizards attention on his Attuned element. +1 phantom rank to his attuned element per rank known in the 500's not to exceed the wizard's current level and a max of 252 Ranks total.

or it could add enhancive bonus at 1/2 500's ranks to lore which would be the lore max of +50.

You say 513 isn't high enough to be so awesome? move it. I think wizards have plenty of spell slot spaces available.

I remember the days of being told attuning is just for flavor but I think those days have passed is by. Solving the 4 way Elemental lore split equation and a mutil hit bolt/single target is what I think are the top 2 things wizards could use.

GBB
Re: Addition to 513 05/04/2017 09:00 AM CDT
A spell to provide Lore ranks. Good call.

Wizards could also drink the infused mana potions (that work to offset ranks required [i.e. "add phantom"] for Enchanting flaring items), maybe....
Re: Addition to 513 05/04/2017 11:03 AM CDT
>> Solving the 4 way Elemental lore split equation and a mutil hit bolt/single target is what I think are the top 2 things wizards could use.

Attuning (and bandaid benefits from attuning) doesn't 'solve' either one of these 'problems'.

In terms of development what would be offered the mentalists, spiritualists and non-spell users as the equivalent points around which to balance the game?

Now, I get Methais' 'Damn well better be handing me the keys to the city for 200 ranks of lore' attitude. But, barring that, and barring the fact that EL:W is no longer the apparent bust and totally ignorable element it once was (we do all realize that was the goal, right? RIGHT?), what exactly are we trying to fix?

I'll start - the thresholds for some of the benefits of our lores seem to be a bit high / too high a seed. <-- Doesn't take phantom ranks to fix this.

We have four lores, everyone else has only three. <-- cry me a river. Been that way all of GS4, didn't like it way back when. . . why play a wizard?

I didn't know I'd ever have to DO anything with lores. <-- yep, a decade of talking about it, and a decade of warning about it while implementing it is really rather sudden, I agree. I suspect that's why wizards won't see any further development for a decade like Methais says. Got to let us wizards get caught up, you see.

Everyone else's lores work better than wizard's lores. <-- Yeah, no. But I will say that when it comes to helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, reverent attitudes - even the sorcerers have wizards beat today.

(This preceding stuff was made [almost entirely] in jest to some of the conversations going on. After all, good humor always has some grounding in truth.)

But - the 513 idea isn't a bad one, necessarily. Do we give up the AS, though? Again - an 'I do everything' spell is messy and not well favored.

Doug
Re: Addition to 513 05/04/2017 11:09 AM CDT
Cast it to get the AS; Evoke it to get the Attuned Lore. Would need to come up with a second name to display in Spell Active, though.

Second one requires 2x mana cost.
(So, "not bolt-hunting right now [or 'ever', for Warmages]? Stop Elemental Focus, Evoke Elemental Attunement," and save the mana... or if you are hunting and you happen to want all those Fire ranks it would give, pony up the mana to get it and help out your Minor Fire, as well as Immolate.)