Rapidfire (515) Bug? 01/07/2017 06:12 PM CST
Are elemental rings supposed to make rapidfire behave like olden times?

>515
You recite a series of mystical phrases while raising your hands, invoking Rapid Fire...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You feel the magic surge through you.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
[ Rapid Fire: +0:01:00, 0:00:59 remaining. ]

>910 my band
You already have a spell readied! You must RELEASE it if you wish to prepare another!
>
You gesture at a slim glossy eahnor band.
You release your spell at the band and it tingles a bit, before calming once again.
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
You already have a spell readied! You must RELEASE it if you wish to prepare another!
>
Seeing an opportunity, you accelerate time and empower your spell!
You channel at a slim glossy eahnor band.
You release your spell at the band and it tingles a bit, before calming once again.
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>
>
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>910 my band
>
[Spell re-prepared]
>
>
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>910 my band
[Spell re-prepared]
>
>910 my band
[Spell re-prepared]
>
>
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>910 my band
[Spell re-prepared]
>
>
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>910 my band
[Spell re-prepared]
>
>
You release your spell at the band and you can see the energy dance on the surface before dissipating.
[Spell re-prepared]
>910 my band
>
You release your spell at the band and you can see the energy dance on the surface before dissipating.
[Spell re-prepared]
Re: Rapidfire (515) Bug? 01/07/2017 07:40 PM CST
>910 my band
>You already have a spell readied! You must RELEASE it if you wish to prepare another!
>
>You gesture at a slim glossy eahnor band.
>You release your spell at the band and you can see the energy dance on the surface before dissipating.
>[Spell re-prepared]
>Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Happens with my fire band too. I like to view it as a non-combat way of leaving original Rapid Fire intact. Like if we had target dummies and Haste 2 only worked on them.

But at least we're the best band rechargers in the universe by far!

Hey wait...can we have target dummies in the game? That would actually be a really awesome thing for people to mess around on and test things with.

~ Methais
Re: Rapidfire (515) Bug? 01/07/2017 08:50 PM CST
> Hey wait...can we have target dummies in the game? That would actually be a really awesome thing for people to mess around on and test things with.

Sadly this is more complicated than it should be to make work 100% right. My food rats that I like to use for showing off new spell updates are my attempt at target dummies, but they aren't perfect yet.

Anyways, it's something I think about and try to work on every so often when I don't have more pressing projects.

~ Konacon
Re: Rapidfire (515) Bug? 01/08/2017 12:21 AM CST
>Sadly this is more complicated than it should be to make work 100% right. My food rats that I like to use for showing off new spell updates are my attempt at target dummies, but they aren't perfect yet.

>Anyways, it's something I think about and try to work on every so often when I don't have more pressing projects.

What if instead of an actual target dummy, you just clone a critter and make it just stand there, but give it a million HP with a massive HP regen rate that would make it impossible to kill?

Or if it does die to some instant kill mechanic (720, 519, etc.), it just comes back to life instantly with full health. Like liches but without the wait.

~ Methais
Re: Rapidfire (515) Bug? 01/08/2017 11:50 AM CST
>> What if instead of an actual target dummy, you just clone a critter and make it just stand there, but give it a million HP with a massive HP regen rate that would make it impossible to kill?

Can we get a 'Methais' clone for this? :-) And maybe a 'Hoy' clone as well?

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: Rapidfire (515) Bug? 01/09/2017 12:16 PM CST
ROLFARD
Are elemental rings supposed to make rapidfire behave like olden times?

This should now be resolved. Thanks for reporting it.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Rapidfire (515) Bug? 01/10/2017 11:26 AM CST
>Can we get a 'Methais' clone for this? :-) And maybe a 'Hoy' clone as well?

I think we need a Konacon clone so we can call it Kloneacon.

~ Methais
Re: Rapidfire (515) Bug? 01/16/2017 06:04 PM CST
A new weird thing...

Methais gestures at you.
You feel the magic surge through you.
>
[ Rapid Fire: +0:01:00, 0:01:00 remaining. ]
incant 403
>You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Lock Pick Enhancement spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
A scintillating light surrounds your hands.
>
[ Lock Pick Enhancement: +0:01:49, 0:01:49 remaining. ]
incant 404
Wait 2 sec.
>incant 404
Wait 1 sec.
>incant 404
You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Disarm Enhancement spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You become calm and focused.
Cast Roundtime 1 Second.
>
[ Disarm Enhancement: +0:01:49, 0:01:49 remaining. ]

Casting 403 still gave 3 seconds of cast RT after Rapid Fire was cast on that character, but the 404 that was cast 3 seconds later was 1 second like it should have been.

~ Methais