550 and drowning 12/22/2016 04:53 PM CST
Time Stop doesn't do anything to save you if you're being drowned by a creature in Nelemar. Is this intended?
Re: 550 and drowning 12/22/2016 05:01 PM CST
I'm not a fan of the current implementation of time stop at all (and am working on writing a proposed alternate version for consideration).

But I will say that 520 with lightning flares works pretty well for this if you are being drowned by an executioner (not so well if it is a defender or combatant though).

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: 550 and drowning 12/22/2016 05:10 PM CST
I'm completely fine with 550 as it is. I just wanted to know if this is intended.

I'd much rather any future wizard work be done on offensive spells than more defense.
Re: 550 and drowning 12/22/2016 07:28 PM CST
>But I will say that 520 with lightning flares works pretty well for this if you are being drowned by an executioner (not so well if it is a defender or combatant though).

Huh?

~ Methais
Re: 550 and drowning 12/22/2016 08:38 PM CST
>> >> But I will say that 520 with lightning flares works pretty well for this if you are being drowned by an executioner (not so well if it is a defender or combatant though).

>> Huh?

I pulled the log to show what I meant. My original assumption was that because the executioner was stunned, it allowed me to break free. Looking at it now it's possible that I just made a good roll since it isn't even 100% clear if the executioner was still stunned at the time or not. Note that the executioner stands up immediately after I break free.

Anyway... here's what I was referring to and why I think it might help (but now not 100% sure any more.)

>A triton executioner leaps at you with uncanny agility, and you feel your breath leave you as she slams into you with her full force! You feel yourself careening into the water, your head held back as you desperately gasp for air.
Roundtime: 10 sec.
Roundtime changed to 5 seconds.

>The raw elemental energy surrounding you suddenly sparks with electricity.
Sparks surrounding you arc out and hit a triton executioner, stunning her!
stand
>You don't seem to be able to move your legs to do that.
The elemental energy energizing you fades away.
>stand
You don't seem to be able to move your legs to do that.
>look
[Ruined Temple, Second Floor]
A spiral staircase climbs up to third floor of the temple, and is flanked on either side by a large stone statue carved to resemble a large water droplet. The flooded water reaches to the statues' middles, where wavy patterns have been formed by years of erosion. A single tapestry, soaked with moisture, hangs from the northwestern wall, and a rusted iron bar rests opposite it. You also see the orange Faulkil disk, a triton executioner that appears stunned and some muck.
Obvious exits: southeast, southwest
>A triton executioner struggles to maintain her grip on you, but is unable to keep hold!
>A triton executioner stands up with a grunt.
>standYou stand back up.
.cc 906
>Your hands glow with power as you invoke the phrase for Minor Fire...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a triton executioner.
You hurl a stream of fire at a triton executioner!
AS: +454 vs DS: +333 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +32 = +187
... and hit for 102 points of damage!
Flames engulf body. Chest left a smoldering ruin.
The triton executioner collapses to the floor with a splash, gurgling once with a wrathful look on her face before expiring.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: 550 and drowning 12/23/2016 11:37 AM CST
>I pulled the log to show what I meant. My original assumption was that because the executioner was stunned, it allowed me to break free. Looking at it now it's possible that I just made a good roll since it isn't even 100% clear if the executioner was still stunned at the time or not. Note that the executioner stands up immediately after I break free.

Oh yeah. I forgot all about the lightning aspect.

~ Methais