Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/05/2016 07:45 AM CDT
>> Focusing on the Lightning Aspect of this spell will stun all enemies in the room for a short time when the mage becomes stunned.

1) Assuming this only applies to enemies that can normally be stunned. Correct?

2) Is there a lightning component that might have additional adverse effects in wet rooms?

3) Is this player friendly or are non-grouped PCs considered enemies?

More general question:

4) Do critters that can cast this spell have the ability to cast an elemental version or do they simply cast the base version of the spell?

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/05/2016 09:30 AM CDT
I move for this spell to replace 725 instead.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/05/2016 09:39 AM CDT
Mage Armor (520) does NOT activate on mana spellup.

Also, regarding the messaging for Mass Blur (911) when using mana spellup, I believe the invisibility messaging is appropriate when noone is seeing you cast any individual spells. In effect, mana spellup is an invisible spellup!
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/05/2016 10:15 AM CDT
>Mage Armor (520) does NOT activate on mana spellup.

Either they fixed it or it is working - at least for me. I STOPped 520 and then did a mana spellup.

>stop 520
With a moment's concentration, you terminate the Mage Armor spell.
The layer of raw elemental energy surrounding you dissipates.

>mana spellup
With your advanced understanding of elemental mana, you transcend the normal limitations of magic and release upon yourself a flurry of abjurations...

A silvery luminescence surrounds you.
A bright luminescence surrounds you.
A brilliant luminescence surrounds you.
You are filled with a sense of great confidence.
Your skin tingles for a moment and you feel more secure.
Glowing specks of dark brown energy begin to spin around you.
You are surrounded by a shimmering field of energy.
You feel more magically aware.
You feel much stronger.
You bristle with energy.
A layer of raw elemental energy forms around you.
You shift the focus of the surrounding energies into earth.
The world stutters around you for a moment, then resumes its slower speed.
For a moment, everything you hear and see echoes weirdly around you, but then everything seems normal again. Your personal temporal reality has been slightly offset from the true flow of time.
Multicolored rays shoot out of your body and flow into the shimmering sphere around you.
If you were visible, your form would have blurred.
A luminescent aura begins to swirl around you.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

-Drumpel
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/05/2016 02:28 PM CDT

is there a point to having a Major Elemental Circle folder at this point?
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/05/2016 02:47 PM CDT
More strange behavior with Ithzir seers.

Just as you BLANK, the Ithzir seer...

So it faded in with a dispel attempt, and instantly vanished due to something. I assume the 520 water ability. But the dispel wasn't blocked. And the dispel still took 6 spells even though the seer was no longer in the room.

An Ithzir seer fades into view!
An Ithzir seer suddenly opens her eyes and stares directly at you!

A pale, flickering nimbus coalesces around you, then vanishes in a brilliant flash!

Just as you , the Ithzir seer shimmers and fades away, leaving you gesturing at nothingness!
The raw elemental energy surrounding you takes on a watery look as it attempts to absorb the magic.
Your boosted confidence and fearlessness fade.
You feel the unnatural surge of necrotic power wane away.
The light blue glow leaves you.
You feel the aura of confidence leave you.
The misty halo fades from you.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/05/2016 03:07 PM CDT
That seems to be a very interesting 'limit' to the spell's capabilities.

It only dropped non-elemental spells. Presuming you had elemental spells, they survived.

It's entirely possible that this effect only takes on elemental dispel attempts.

Doug
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/05/2016 04:23 PM CDT
>is there a point to having a Major Elemental Circle folder at this point?

Yes.

~ Methais
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/05/2016 05:11 PM CDT
Excellent spell!

A few questions:

Water - When (PC) Spirit or Elemental Dispel are absorbed, it will still drain mana. Intended?

Water / Lightning - These both failed a few times in like level scenarios for me (in the test realm). What are the success factors of the absorb/stun effects? Level based? Fumble chance?

Overall, I think the implementation of this spell is amazing. I'd rank the usefulness of the elemental effects as follows:

1) Earth - This is just bonkers for war mage and pure mage alike.
2) Air - I will have this up 24/7 at every merchant event from now on.
3) Fire - I really wish that this could have let us cast from Neutral. That said, I may learn Combat Mastery to supplement this.
4/5) Lightning/Water - The fact that these two have a chance to fail has them below all other effects for me.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/05/2016 06:04 PM CDT

I don't think the water part of 520 is working, I was in the bowels focused on water and an Elder still stripped 4 spells away on it's first cast.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/05/2016 06:18 PM CDT
>I don't think the water part of 520 is working, I was in the bowels focused on water and an Elder still stripped 4 spells away on it's first cast.

From what I can tell, the dispel absorption isn't guaranteed. There are two results:

SUCCESS == The raw elemental energy surrounding you takes on a watery look as it absorbs the magic.
FAILURE == The raw elemental energy surrounding you takes on a watery look as it attempts to absorb the magic.

Failing to absorb the magic also seems to start the cooldown.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/05/2016 06:27 PM CDT
>From what I can tell, the dispel absorption isn't guaranteed. There are two results:
>SUCCESS == The raw elemental energy surrounding you takes on a watery look as it absorbs the magic.
>FAILURE == The raw elemental energy surrounding you takes on a watery look as it attempts to absorb the magic.
>Failing to absorb the magic also seems to start the cooldown.

I believe it's a bug.

I was able to block a dispel attack once, and it has failed every time afterwards.

The gswiki also mentions nothing about it being random. It says that you can negate one dispel attack every 30 seconds (base), and every 9 seconds with 231 water lore ranks.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 11:22 AM CST
>So when can we get a reduction of non-self cast power and/or availability to mobility, dauntless, heroism, prayer, and champions might?

The same day these professions are willing to share 10 out of 12 core utility/defensive spells in their Major and Profession circles with no restrictions. Non-wizards never needed 520, were never intended to need 520, and should advocate for their own 520 equivalent spell if that is what they want instead of trying to get access to something never intended to be theirs.

All spell casting professions are intended to share some spells, but not all.

This doesn't make things remotely equal, because 10 out of 12 of a wizard's core defensive/utility spells can still be accessed by all and sundry on a regular basis via other-cast or imbeds (the easiest outside source of self-cast spells vs. relying on treasure system drops or orb gems). This is, however, a long overdue step in the right direction.