Prev_page Previous 1
Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/05/2016 03:37 AM CDT

The major elemental spell 520 - Mage Armor has been released. This spell replaces the previous spell Stone Skin.

Mage Armor manipulates the elemental forces within a wizard's body, forming a layer of elemental energy that shifts with their movements. This self-cast spell provides additional protection from physical attacks in the form of critical padding.

The base amount of padding for native casters is somewhat at 20 Major Elemental ranks, increasing every 15 Major Elemental ranks to a max of heavy padding at 95 ranks.

Note: Non-native casters can only achieve light critical padding with this spell, and elemental aspects are not available to non-native casters.
Note: The critical padding provided by this spell and it's aspects stack with other forms of padding.
The armor can be further enhanced by focusing on specific elements to further shore up defenses via CAST <Element>. Focusing on an element will produce additional defenses based on lore training in the respective elemental lore.

Focusing on the Fire Aspect of this spell allows a mage to channel his defenses into stronger offensive attacks.
Focusing on the Water Aspect of this spell boosts the mage's defenses against dispel attacks.
Focusing on the Earth Aspect of this spell will shield the mage in a layer of rock when he becomes stunned.
Focusing on the Air Aspect of this spell will allow the mage to carry more.
Focusing on the Lightning Aspect of this spell will stun all enemies in the room for a short time when the mage becomes stunned.

More specific details can be found on the wiki at this link https://gswiki.play.net/Mage_Armor_(520)

Credit to goes GameMaster Konacon for working on the code for this release.

Viduus

(Reposting as an announcement)
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 08:19 AM CST
So 520 is signature defensive spell, but its okay to allow 712 to be given out in black ora hearts?
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 09:11 AM CST
520 is straight up beast mode.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 09:35 AM CST

The light crit padding for non-native casters seemed to be included as part of the spell for imbedding purposes. Non-native casters weren't getting anything close to what the full power of the spell is, just like non-native casters of Cloak of Shadows cannot chant retribution. This seems to be more of an appeasement gesture than a well thought-out change.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 10:35 AM CST
Keith/Brinret/Shiun
Well that sucks. The spell already has a significantly reduced effect for other classes. You basically just caved to a vocal minority of high level wizards who complain about every change and also have a huge amount of other professions spells available through items themselves.

The decision to block 520 from imbedding was made before any post on this forum commented on it.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 11:06 AM CST
Oookay.

Don't attack other posters, don't counter-attack, etc, etc.

Discuss the issues, not the posters.

Move on.

SGM Sleken
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 11:08 AM CST
So when can we get a reduction of non-self cast power and/or availability to mobility, dauntless, heroism, prayer, and champions might?

We may as well leave the 1000s alone, since a person who follows you around everywhere without speaking or attacking, just mindlessly being a walking spell provider, is apparently not a bot so long as they never leave the group.

Tal, who despite it being physically impossible, hunts self spelled and solo anyway.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 11:17 AM CST
>> So when can we get a reduction of non-self cast power and/or availability to mobility, dauntless, heroism, prayer, and champions might?

What about 503, 509, and 911 while we are at it as well?

I'm a bit surprised at the (over) reaction to 520 not being imbeddedible given how horrible the spell was before. I don't see it as taking anything away from anyone from what they had before and the new spell does address some actual issues within the wizard class.

If you feel there are similar issues within other professions that the new 520 addresses then you'd be better off having them addressed through your profession based spells vs. through 520 imbeds anyway.

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 11:31 AM CST
I'm trying to understand the upset about 520 going self-cast.

Is it because you wanted the light crit padding? Which is most likely 1 point of padding.

It's hard to deny that wizard spells aren't available to non-wizards. 503, 509, 911 are all easily shared. The only spell that cannot be put in an imbed is 913, and now 520. Most of the other self cast spells, 507, 508, and 905 are frequently sold off the shelf in unlimited quantity.

You never see 606, 613 or 617 being sold, or 618 for that matter, even though 618 is available from a ranger friend.

Looking at Ebon Gate, you could buy off the shelf: 501, 503, 507, 508, 509, 511, 512, 905, 911, and 916. That's a total of 10 wizard spells, sold off the shelf, in unlimited quantity. No other profession had so many of their spells available to other professions.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 11:34 AM CST

>I'm trying to understand the upset about 520 going self-cast.

for me, it was a 20th level spell that used to be imbeddable, and now it's not. It takes away from imbedding and leads to all of the highly annoying "our spell" claims. As I said, the non-native caster light padding benefit looks like it was made specifically for imbedding, and I thought it was well designed for that intent.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 11:36 AM CST
So, I think I need some clarification.

The spell isn't able to be imbedded. Not unusual for a x20 spell.

I missed the memo on it being 'self-cast' (worlds apart from being imbedded, in my view). I hope that doesn't happen. And I have a simple reason why.

The name of this game at one time was interaction. I get that the consumer base is shifting, that some select players would rather interact amongst them(various)selves than others, and so on. But I'd hate to see the benefits of interacting go away. Leave the spell unimbeddable, but let's limit responses to the hue and cry to make things self-cast. It will be a very sad day when no profession can help another.

It would make the game much less fun for me.

Doug
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 11:39 AM CST
>I missed the memo on it being 'self-cast'

the first paragraph:

"Mage Armor manipulates the elemental forces within a wizard's body, forming a layer of elemental energy that shifts with their movements. This self-cast spell provides additional protection from physical attacks in the form of critical padding."
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 11:40 AM CST
This has always been a self-cast spell from the original announcement, and as a level 20 spell, I'm not sure why anyone would ever have expected otherwise. Saying wizards can now no longer help another simply because only 2 of 12 of our core Major and Profession circle defensive/utility spells are no longer accessible to others is pure hyperbole.

What makes the game less fun for me is when all wizard characters are treated as mindless bots so wizards can no longer have anything unique or powerful because there are too many bots around. This is why we get the mediocre version of Enchant Item we're getting instead of something amazing like Ensorcell's active character setup.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 11:59 AM CST
501, 503, 507, 508, 509, 511, 512, 905, 911, and 916. That's a total of 10 wizard spells,

Seriously? Sleep and Cold Snap are offensive spells. Floating Disk is regularly available, as is invisibility. That's like clerics complaining about bravery being at EG. Beyond that you're complaining about Mass Blurs, a spell that is obviously intended to be shared. So really we're talking about 503, 507, 508, 509 and 905, 5 spells out of two spell circles and only one out of your profession circle. Meanwhile rangers had 601, 602, 603, 604 available at EG. Normally 606 is fairly readily available as well. That's all off a profession circle. Wizards aren't some abused puppies that have all their treats handed out to everyone. Stop acting like the 500s is your closed profession circle.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Keith is correct

Wyrom, APM

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Help%20for%20Players/Policy%20Discussions/view/246
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 12:09 PM CST
503, 507, 508, 509, 511, 513, 515, 905, 911, 919 are all other-cast or easily imbeddible and sold off the shelf at merchants on a regular basis. Bravery, meanwhile, is just about the only spell clerics share at merchants.

Complaining about 601 is the same as complaining about 911, when it's obvious that 611 is meant to be shared. So that's only 3 spells, and nobody really uses Skinning anyway who is a non-ranger.

606 has never been for sale except in one Premium festival shop and Duskruin. 613 has never been for sale, period.

All this disappointment comes about because of other professions constantly feeling entitled to use wizard characters as bots, when they are in fact, not entitled to having every spell a wizard possesses. Wizards don't go and complain in other profession folders that they can't get access to XYZ when new spells are released for them, so this overreaction is once again just jealousy over wizards finally getting a good thing. The same type of grass is always greener jealousy that led to wizards being over-nerfed in the first place, punishing only those who actually play wizard mains. All the bot abilities in those instances were, curiously, preserved.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 12:11 PM CST
>It would be helpful if whoever's editing the Wiki doesn't overwrite the accurate GM information with inaccurate data. The earth lore table, in particular, is completely incorrect.

Anyone can update the wiki to fix it! If that's too much work, giving details about how it's wrong is a good first step to helping someone to fix it!

>I have to say that after spending a good chunk of my day Friday struggling to put together a basic wiki page that I have a new appreciation for the work the authors do on it. It seems like a labor of love to keep it visually appealing, accurate, and consistent with the rest of the site.

Thanks! It does take a lot of work. I'm amazed VANKRASN39 does what she does.

>I'll plan to review it once the work in progress is removed, so no need to panic over it changing.

Good news: the WIP is gone!

If my fire lore estimates are wrong, can you say so? Especially if they're very wrong?

If you cannot give the actual values, that's fine. Just want to know if we're right or at least in the ballpark, because I imagine it's the weirdest part for people who are not mechanics junkies like me, and I'd like it to be as straightforward as possible.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 12:25 PM CST
>giving details about how it's wrong is a good first step to helping someone to fix it!

The entire earth lore table needs to be decreased by 1 point, or the 250 ranks ends in fantastical range, which exceeds what we were told about the upper end being phenomenal. Somewhat starts at 5 points, not a base of 6.

I have no clue if the fire lore values are correct, but my initial impression is there's no effective difference for most characters between 15 ranks of fire lore and 231, since one is unable to use partial stances without combat mastery. As a pure, I don't see a partial stance effect as worth wasting the 1x CM allocation wizards get either, when most wizards have to deal with disarm and are generally better served training in other CMAN abilities. One really has to sacrifice a lot to get what appears to be only a 5-10% increase in DS.

Since there has been no update on it yet, for what it's worth, the fire lore aspect appears to be providing full benefits even when a spell is not CHANNELed.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 12:37 PM CST
GS really just needs a full spell review aimed at balancing what should be signature and what shouldn't. DR did the same thing when they moved to Magic 3.0 (and continues to do so, based on profession confounds and new spells), and it's probably something that really needs to be done in GS, too. It's a time consuming process, but it's probably more important for game and profession balance than many seem to want to admit.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 01:19 PM CST
>>the first paragraph:

Ahh, yep. Ok, missed it. Heh. Thanks, V.

Let me clarify my position -

Too many people are calling for restrictions and drawing back, across the forums and in multiple professions. Various justifications and counter-justifications are being floated. This represents, to me, one of the greatest travesties against the game that I've seen in some time. I am less concerned about the outcome of this singular spell than I am concerned about the posts here and in other profession folders about 'the way things should be' without regard to the game's interactive premise.

GMs - I like the spell, in case that hasn't been evident. Thank you. I recognize the challenge this will create longer term for development in other professions. My hat is off to you for taking this bold step.

Doug
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 01:40 PM CST
This full spell review and balancing was done in the move to GS4, which is when each profession was intended to only share a handful of spells but otherwise be fine self-spelled.

We need less reviewing and more fun, so I highly suggest if someone feels their own profession is lacking, to go advocate for positive development there.

I'm all for balanced spell sharing, as in group requirement the way 307/310 and Major Spiritual spells are handled, rather than bot ability "cast and run" that promotes nothing but the use of utility spell-up characters. Preventing unbalanced spell sharing has no relevance to the game's interactive premise.

Unbalanced spell sharing via other-cast 515 is why wizards are the ones to pay an excessively punitive nerf penalty for 515. The only ones who can afford to use 515 on cooldown without feeling any penalties are those sorcerer and cleric CS spell users who have very cheap, but lethal if used for rapid attrition, methods of killing.

Now we've moved to the expectation that everyone has every imbed on all the time, which is why combat quests and pay events have become ridiculous to the point where you can't survive the boss creature or finish at all if you aren't min-max enhanced and spell buffed. This shouldn't be the case, and in fact, event developers are doing everyone a disservice by treating outside buffs and enhancives as necessary and making combat quests and events excessively tedious or impossible for the pre-cap.

The very last thing I want as both a player of a wizard main and a player of non-wizard characters is to have my other characters be even more cripplingly dependent on wizard spell band-aids that are universally available to all, while wizards themselves are denied any further development because everyone can have all these things with no restriction as well. This is why Haste (506) was removed because NIR stated that other characters were forced to rely on wizard imbeds like candy. And yet, quickstrike abilities were granted to everyone.

The reality is every other profession has access to most of what a wizard has, while a wizard can access very little of what others have on a unique basis.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 01:46 PM CST
>The entire earth lore table needs to be decreased by 1 point, or the 250 ranks ends in fantastical range, which exceeds what we were told about the upper end being phenomenal. Somewhat starts at 5 points, not a base of 6.

I see the issue and figured out how it snuck in. I'll put the fix in soon if you haven't already (or someone else hasn't done so).

>there's no effective difference for most characters between 15 ranks of fire lore and 231

You'll likely get 98% AS from Forward stance with 231 Fire vs 90% with 15. That's a big defensive boost for a minor offensive hit.

I think the greatest difference in offensive usefulness for Fire Aspect will come when you're channeling in guarded.

> since one is unable to use partial stances without combat mastery. As a pure, I don't see a partial stance effect as worth wasting the 1x CM allocation wizards get either, when most wizards have to deal with disarm and are generally better served training in other CMAN abilities.

I'm the one who added the combat mastery note, not a GM. I mostly put it there because it's the first time I might actually advocate training in it.

As it stands, non-warmage wizards probably spend their 101 CM Points as:
I hate disarm:
5 ranks disarm (60 CMP, +60(?) disarm defense)
5 ranks cunning defense (40 CMP, +15 general CM defense)
1 point left over

I hate disarm but also hate bandits and like optimizing my points:
5 ranks disarm (60 CMP, +60? disarm defense)
4 ranks cunning defense (40 CMP, +12 general CM defense)
1 rank feint (4 CMP, +15 feint defense)
1 rank subdual strike (4 CMP, +15 sstrike defense)
5 point left over for +2 DS or dirtkick or something

More Defense:
3 ranks cunning defense (18 CMP, +9 general CM defense)
2 ranks feint (10 CMP, +30 feint defense)
2 ranks subdual strike (10 CMP, +30 sstrike defense)
3 points left over

I really don't like disarm but try to avoid it:
4 ranks disarm (40 CMP, +50? disarm defense)
5 ranks cunning defense (40 CMP, +15 general CM defense)
2 ranks feint (10 CMP, +30 feint defense)
3 points left over

I would suggest alternate allocations for wizards who plan to use Fire Aspect and have either no fire lore but still want full offensive power or over 91 ranks:
Fire Armor Anti-Disarm:
4 ranks cunning defense (28 CMP, +12 general CM defense)
1 rank combat mastery (4 CMP, 10% stance adjustment)
---AND---
1 rank subdual strike (4 CMP, +15 sstrike defense)
---OR---
2 ranks combat mastery (8 CMP, 5% stance adjustment)
1 point left over

Fire Armor Rift/Sanctum/Reim/Bandits/Warcamps
4 ranks disarm (40 CMP, +50? disarm defense)
4 ranks cunning defense (28 CMP, +12 general CM defense)
1 rank combat mastery (4 CMP, 10% stance adjustment)
---AND---
15 points left over to spend between:
2 ranks combat mastery (8 CMP, 5% stance adjustment)
2 ranks feint (6 CMP, additional +15 feint defense)
5 ranks cunning defense (12 CMP, additional +3 general CM defense)
1/2 ranks dirtkick (4/10 CMP, +15/+30 dirtkick defense, kick dirt in the eyes of those people you hate)
1/2 ranks combat movement (4/10 CMP, +2/+4 DS)
1 rank Side-by-Side (14 CMP counting 10 CMP combat movement pre-req, +4 DS and more AS/DS when grouped.)

Why?

>One really has to sacrifice a lot to get what appears to be only a 5-10% increase in DS.

It's not about the DS. It's about everything but the DS, and the stuff that really matters: evade, parry, (and block if you're a shield/staff post-cap build) maneuver defense, and CML defense all also get boosts in higher stances.

Rank 5 of Cunning Defense is 12 CM Points for +3 CML defense. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'd be absolutely blown away if a 10% stance change didn't give a 1x CM postcap wizard more than 3 CML defense. (And the increase will only increase further with enhancives.)
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 02:00 PM CST
We need less reviewing and more fun

But DO NOT imbed our spells!

so I highly suggest if someone feels their own profession is lacking, to go advocate for positive development there.

This isn't a matter of someone else's profession lacking. It's other wizards who enjoyed having the ability to imbed something new for others. That said as a ranger I can say I don't feel there's any point in discussing anything in the ranger folder. No one in dev seems to read there and even if they do they've made it pretty clear rangers are never going to get any work.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Keith is correct

Wyrom, APM

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Help%20for%20Players/Policy%20Discussions/view/246
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 02:14 PM CST
Non-wizards have lost nothing from this release or subsequent update. They never used 520 imbeds before to begin with because StoneSkin was garbage. The only thing prevented here is one more OP avenue of unbalanced spell sharing that WOULD be compensated for in either hunting ground design or lack of positive development for other professions in the future if they have this new crutch to rely upon.

The point of profession development should always be to support the playing of the profession as an actual standalone character rather than primarily to be used as a utility bot. This was stated with the 319 change, and I welcome this stance when applied to wizards as well. This is not new. This is, in fact, gamewide precedent for all other professions.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 03:32 PM CST
I am convinced you have no idea what you're talking about or are being deliberately obtuse. If I didn't think these responses also helped other players, I'd have stopped making them by now.

>I don't consider a 40 point offensive hit minor at all. That's half of a maximum enhancive boost negated right there just for defense.

The only way you're going to see "a 40 point offensive hit" from 98% AS vs 100% AS is if you have 2000 AS. If you have 2000 AS, you can spare 40.

>I'm confused where in the fire lore setup, you have room for combat mastery?

The numbers are there. They all add up to 101. You replied within 9 minutes of a post that I spent quite some time writing and working out the numbers for; take a little longer to read them over more closely. If I made a math mistake, please point it out and I'll fix it.

>You can't get more offensive than offensive, so if you're in offensive and have +3 CML defense, you'd still be better off than being in a non-offensive stance, trying to get offensive abilities, and sacrificing those extra +3 CML defense points for Combat Mastery. In other words, those Rank 5 Cunning Defense points come from Cunning Defense or nothing at all. The only reason you'd be in a less than offensive stance and use Combat Mastery to achieve offensive stance benefits is because you want the DS.

Fire Aspect is not an offensive ability. Fire Aspect is a defensive ability, just like every other Aspect of Mage Armor. It lets you increase your stance with fewer offensive penalties. If that's not what you want, then don't use it. If you're running Fire Aspect, you shouldn't be in offensive stance. Fire Aspect has literally no benefit in offensive stance.

In offensive stance, you will never have more CML defense than what 5 ranks of cdef will give you. But you will have more CML defense in a lower stance. Plus the DS. Plus the evade/block/parry. Plus general maneuver defense.

I'm not an expert on the CML formula; I haven't kept up with the PC thread researching it. There's a very good chance that using Combat Mastery to go from 0% stance to 10% stance (no lore full offense) or 20% to 30% (120+ fire lore full offense) will give more than 3 CML defense. If it's exactly 3 defense, then dropping rank 5 of cdef for 1 rank of cmastery will give you the exact same defense with 8 points to spare.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 03:51 PM CST
>The only way you're going to see "a 40 point offensive hit" from 98% AS vs 100% AS is if you have 2000 AS. If you have 2000 AS, you can spare 40.

I'm talking about 90% AS vs. 98% AS, since my entire discussion point began about little to no difference between 15 ranks of fire lore and 231 ranks. You might try reading your own quote before insulting people:

>You'll likely get 98% AS from Forward stance with 231 Fire vs 90% with 15. That's a big defensive boost for a minor offensive hit.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 04:03 PM CST
>The only way you're going to see "a 40 point offensive hit" from 98% AS vs 100% AS is if you have 2000 AS. If you have 2000 AS, you can spare 40.
I'm talking about 90% AS vs. 98% AS, since my entire discussion point began about little to no difference between 15 ranks of fire lore and 231 ranks. You might try reading your own quote before insulting people:

No one insulted you. They pointed out a potential inaccuracy in your math. Disagreeing with you is not an insult. Telling you what we think about you is.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Keith is correct

Wyrom, APM

Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 06:43 PM CST
Since the spell is now "limited release", is it possible for you to remove the "non-native" disadvantage to using the spell. If you release this spell in some "God Auction", it would be a worthless item.

1. The spell used with a magic item cannot gain the elemental lore benefits
2. The spell used with a magic item cannot gain the MjE ranks benefits

Therefore - Light Crit Padding is not worth any value to other professions in the form of a magic item that is "limited release". Please remove that limitation, and allow it to be used with the Somewhat Padding Level that is defaulted with the item.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 09:02 PM CST
There was a post elsewhere about Illoke dispel ignoring 1701, so I imagine it probably needs to be looked at in general.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/06/2016 09:36 PM CST

Ok so focused 520 on Water 70 ranks of water lore with this mage

>stance def
You are now in a defensive stance.
>e
[Thanatoph Bowels, Cavern]
Erosion and time have formed a tall earthen cliff, the lake below still visible from this vantage. Several crushed pieces of stone lie scattered about the ground, most no bigger than a pebble. You also see an Illoke elder and a wide ledge.
Obvious exits: south, west

>
Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
>
An Illoke elder summons the wrath of his god as he gestures at you!
Your connection to the elemental realm falters!
You feel your extra strength departing.
The bright luminescence fades from around you.
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
You feel less confident than before.

520 didn't attempt to block it no fail message.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/07/2016 11:07 AM CST
At first:

Wizards: "520 shouldn't be imbeddable!"
People: "lol y not it's only light padding!"

Now:

People: "omg 520 should be imbeddible!"
Wizards: "lol y it's only light padding!"

Striking resemblance to this year's election cycle.

~ Methais
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/07/2016 11:16 AM CST
>The name of this game at one time was interaction. I get that the consumer base is shifting, that some select players would rather interact amongst them(various)selves than others, and so on. But I'd hate to see the benefits of interacting go away. Leave the spell unimbeddable, but let's limit responses to the hue and cry to make things self-cast. It will be a very sad day when no profession can help another.

>It would make the game much less fun for me.

Easy fix: Make the spell like 310 to where others benefit from it while grouped with the wizard.

Now you have interaction without being plagued with more "Almost all of your spells are available to everyone else but hardly anyone else's spells are available to you." stuff, and if someone's wizard bot isn't leveled up with their main, they're not gonna be tagging along.

I don't really care one way or another about this whole deal, but I do think it's kind of stupid how so many other spells aren't nearly as easily available (or available at all) to wizards as wizard spells are so easily available to everyone else.

>Seriously? Sleep and Cold Snap are offensive spells. Floating Disk is regularly available, as is invisibility. That's like clerics complaining about bravery being at EG.

Swap bravery for heroism and that would be a more apples to apples comparison. Bravery is one of the few readily available MjS spells, as it's sold in the cleric shop even. When was the last time you saw a Heroism item sold off the shelf? Mangled steel spoons from the 90s?

On a somewhat contradictory note, I probably wouldn't mind this imbalance of spell availability as much if Charge Item wasn't so inferior to Scroll Infusion.

~ Methais
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/08/2016 08:08 AM CST
Had a strange bug (I think) occur with water focused mage armor. Here is the messaging. The seer phased in, dispelled and phased back out instantaneously as I was obviously not casting at it due to the phasing (I was actually targeting a war griffin). Apparently the mage armor did at least attempt to block the dispel. Can we get some sort of information regarding the formula whether a dispel is blocked?

An Ithzir seer fades into view!
An Ithzir seer suddenly opens his eyes and stares directly at you!

A pale, flickering nimbus coalesces around you, then vanishes in a brilliant flash!

Just as you , the Ithzir seer shimmers and fades away, leaving you gesturing at nothingness!
The raw elemental energy surrounding you takes on a watery look as it attempts to absorb the magic.
The powerful look leaves you.
The deep blue glow leaves you.
The light blue glow leaves you.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/08/2016 10:50 AM CST
An Ithzir seer fades into view!
An Ithzir seer suddenly opens his eyes and stares directly at you!

A pale, flickering nimbus coalesces around you, then vanishes in a brilliant flash!

Just as you , the Ithzir seer shimmers and fades away, leaving you gesturing at nothingness!
The raw elemental energy surrounding you takes on a watery look as it attempts to absorb the magic.
The powerful look leaves you.
The deep blue glow leaves you.
The light blue glow leaves you.

I'll see what I can do on this.

Viduus
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/08/2016 12:04 PM CST
It seems the Emperor broke my mage armor, and it shattered like it was still the useless StoneSkin. After the fight, I noticed my mage armor was gone from my spell active list. However, I also noticed that when I cast 520 again, it did not say that this was the first time I'm activating this aspect.

>The Royal Emperor slings an embossed hoarbeam shield off from over his shoulder.
The Royal Emperor thrusts with a sleek glaes estoc at you!
AS: +588 vs DS: +585 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +81 = +121
A layer of shifting stone absorbs 1 points of damage, then shatters!
... and hits for 21 points of damage!
Minor puncture to the back.

>spell active
You currently have the following active spells:
Elemental Defense I ................ 3:27:26
Elemental Defense II ............... 3:27:26
Elemental Defense III .............. 3:27:26
Elemental Targeting ................ 3:27:26
Elemental Barrier .................. 1:16:57
Thurfel's Ward ..................... 3:27:26
Elemental Deflection ............... 3:27:26
Elemental Bias ..................... 3:27:26
Strength ........................... 3:27:26
Elemental Focus .................... 3:27:26
Haste .............................. 3:27:26
Temporal Reversion ................. 3:27:26

>pre 520
You recite a series of mystical phrases while raising your hands, invoking Mage Armor...
Your spell is ready.
J>cast earth
You gesture.
A layer of raw elemental energy forms around you.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/08/2016 12:10 PM CST
I'm also no longer getting the earth aspect messaging, so it doesn't seem to be activating at all any more upon stuns:

>search box
You tentatively open the blackened box.
You search around the inside of the blackened box, disturbing some markings!
... 25 points of damage!
Heavy jolt to chest causes solar plexus to explode. Remarkable display of spraying blood.
You are stunned for 5 rounds!
The blackened box vanishes in a cloud of ethereal light.
You don't find anything useful.

>A ghostly marauder darts behind you quickly and tries to hamstring you with his rapier!
[Roll result: 203 (open d100: 89)]
With a vicious strike the ghostly marauder slashes at your right hamstring!
... 30 points of damage!
You fall to the ground grasping your mangled right leg!
You are stunned!
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/08/2016 12:52 PM CST
There's some kind of typo in the first messaging:

>inc 904
Your hands glow with power as you invoke the phrase for Minor Acid...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at an ethereal squire.
You hurl a hissing stream of acid at an ethereal squire!
Minor Acid
AS: +550 vs DS: +489 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +77 = +174
A hit!
--you blink as you realize that what you thought you saw didn't actually happen.
The ethereal squire deflects your bolt with his staff!
You sense a sudden, sharp fluctuation in the temporal field surrounding an ethereal squire.

The earth aspect seems to be activating on creatures:

>inc 904
Your spell is ready.
an ethereal squire's exterior hardens for a moment and softens the attack!
AS: +552 vs DS: +365 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +28 = +251
... and hit for 83 points of damage!
Attack whistles right through the chest!
It's like fighting fog!
Some of the acid sticks to an ethereal squire and continues to bubble away!
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/08/2016 01:12 PM CST
LADYFLEUR
The earth aspect seems to be activating on creatures:
>inc 904
Your spell is ready.
an ethereal squire's exterior hardens for a moment and softens the attack!
AS: +552 vs DS: +365 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +28 = +251
... and hit for 83 points of damage!
Attack whistles right through the chest!
It's like fighting fog!
Some of the acid sticks to an ethereal squire and continues to bubble away!

That's Elemental Barrier's (430) lore benefit.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/09/2016 01:11 PM CST
The earth aspect still isn't working at all like before:

>search box
You search around the inside of the blackened box, but end up triggering a pressure plate!
... 30 points of damage!
Strong slash to your right leg!
Muscles exposed!
Not a pretty sight.
You are knocked to the ground!
You are stunned for 6 rounds!
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/09/2016 06:43 PM CST
The earth aspect still isn't working at all like before:

>search box
You search around the inside of the blackened box, but end up triggering a pressure plate!
... 30 points of damage!
Strong slash to your right leg!
Muscles exposed!
Not a pretty sight.
You are knocked to the ground!
You are stunned for 6 rounds!

I'm not seeing the issue in your clip. The earth aspect wouldn't kick in at all on the above clip. The earth aspect doesn't kick in until you're stunned, which happens after the damage above. Though, it's been a long week so I could be missing something, what's the issue?

Viduus
Re: Mage Armor (520) Released! 11/14/2016 11:46 AM CST
I know this bug/feature was brought up before but I do not recall seeing any official word on it...

The Fire Lore benefit is currently working for spells using CAST and EVOKE (not CHANNEL only like was originally stated) is this intended?
Prev_page Previous 1