Haste Bug 10/06/2016 10:21 AM CDT
Superevilgigglyempathofdoom gestures at you.
CS: +508 - TD: +387 + CvA: +15 + d100: +12 - -5 == +153
Warding failed!
You feel a sudden inexplicable fear!
You freeze, unable to control the wave of fear that swells within you!
Roundtime: 30 sec.
Roundtime changed to 15 seconds.

16 seconds later after the RT was up...

>sym sleep Superevilgigglyempathofdoom
You can't move well enough to create the symbol!

Superevilgigglyempathofdoom sets about preparing you to be as presentable as possible.
>
sym sleep Superevilgigglyempathofdoom

Not sure if this is an issue with Haste or the spell she cast (can't remember what the spell is), but yeah.

~ Methais
Re: Haste Bug 10/06/2016 10:33 AM CDT
Methais
16 seconds later after the RT was up...

This is not a bug. Haste (535) reduced the amount of roundtime the Empathy (1108) spell applied. You were simply still immobile after that amount of time. If you were still in roundtime while trying to use a symbol, you'll get the "...wait X seconds" message.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Haste Bug 10/06/2016 10:37 AM CDT
>This is not a bug. Haste (535) reduced the amount of roundtime the Empathy (1108) spell applied. You were simply still immobile after that amount of time. If you were still in roundtime while trying to use a symbol, you'll get the "...wait X seconds" message.

Isn't the RT supposed to represent the time being frozen? If not, then what's the point of having RT if the freeze effect lasts longer anyway?

~ Methais
Re: Haste Bug 10/06/2016 08:04 PM CDT
>Isn't the RT supposed to represent the time being frozen? If not, then what's the point of having RT if the freeze effect lasts longer anyway?

They have different effects.

RT prevents way more actions than immobilization. Immobilization has other deleterious effects, like a huge penalty to your defenses, but allows far more actions. 1108 inflicts both, which is stronger than inflicting just one or the other.

Critters that break immobilization would do so on their next round if there was no RT; the RT ensures that they have to take their lumps. While immobilized, warrior could berserk free, a bard could SHOUT Rally to break free, and an empath could REGEN to heal up and get crit padding. Unlike STOP TIME, none of those are possible in RT. (Of course, those classes can't reduce their RT as easily as a wizard can.)

I can't think of any advantage in particular a wizard would get from having RT reduced but not immobilization, but I'm sure there are some special cases out there. You might be able to tell a spider bag to pick something up?

If your point is "but the RT is supposed to represent the fear and haste should remove that", then I guess the counterargument is that moving your body faster doesn't necessarily mean you adjust your emotions faster?

The RT seems to be there to enforce the immobilization, not the other way around, so I'd assume that this is the desired end result.
Re: Haste Bug 10/17/2016 01:09 PM CDT
I've run into the same thing with ballista. Old haste and new. I thought it was supposed to be that way.