Magic Items vs. Scrolls 05/01/2018 04:41 PM CDT
I suggested in the SK Scroll thread that these should allow players to imbed spells from scrolls into items, thus making blank MR items more useful in general. Of course it comes at the cost of reducing market value for premade MRs in general and would also reduce the value of the new potion Viduus created since you'd just replace a greened MR (unless it was exclusive in nature) with a newly created one by using the more readily available SK scrolls.

I responded to this here in case it spawns additional conversation, since the additional conversation would have been off topic for the major elemental topic.

<personal opinion>
I saw your previous comment on this, but I'm honestly still chewing on it, hence the lack of response. My initial thought was that magic items shouldn't have to rely on scrolls to make up any perceived disparities between the two systems.

The two systems were initially pretty similar, but I'd like to see them grow apart and provide different offerings. I would have personally preferred enhancives to fall under the blanket of "magic items" and feel like that was a missed opportunity, not strictly for 517's benefits, but for extending MIU's benefits in general. However, that ship has sailed.

I've some ideas for improving both, but I'm always receptive to new suggestions. While I do like the idea of snergy between scrolls and magic items, using SK to create magic items seems like it would be bandaiding magic items rather than tackling the perceived underlying issue of availability.
</personal opinion>

Viduus
Re: Magic Items vs. Scrolls 05/01/2018 06:38 PM CDT
"<MIU/Enhancive tie-in>" -- Viduus

If for example ranks of MIU could help with orb decay (reduced chance, lesser amount, whatever) that could be a first step.

(I realize that this helps only the Fusion system, not Enhancives as a whole, but it's a step...)
Re: Magic Items vs. Scrolls 05/01/2018 07:11 PM CDT
For what it's worth, I like the idea of SK scrolls allowing someone to imbed the SK spell into a MR item.

If somewhere down the line the MR/517 situation improves in other ways, that's great, but I also think having the ability via SK scroll just makes sense and having the two systems work together is great.
Re: Magic Items vs. Scrolls 05/01/2018 07:12 PM CDT
Would it be possible to add enhancive stats as part of charge item? Nothing huge but being able to add +1 to +3 bonus to any stat.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Magic Items vs. Scrolls 05/02/2018 01:03 PM CDT
>>I've some ideas for improving both, but I'm always receptive to new suggestions. While I do like the idea of snergy between scrolls and magic items, using SK to create magic items seems like it would be bandaiding magic items rather than tackling the perceived underlying issue of availability.
</personal opinion>

Thanks for the reply to this thought. I only brought it up because SK enhancives do allow players to imbed spells not found in normal spell circles at the cost of immediately expending a charge per the Wiki. Being able to do the same thing with SK scrolls seemed intuitive, and provided something meaningful to do with both the scrolls and the plethora of blank MRs that are found during various events. Many of these just get pawned now because they are less valuable than 35k due to the list of spells available for embedding with 420.

Perhaps reconsider this thought. The primary motivation here is that you only need a minimal amount of Arcane Symbols training (enough to read the scroll, and invoke the spell successfully), but you'll need an appropriate amount of MIU to use the item created by 420, and substantial training to recharge spells from an outside circle using 517. It doesn't really create any imbalance one way or the other - just adds options to an otherwise dry well. Useful MRs are rare, and they are underused because of the risk with greening them. Having a way to replenish the supply of useful MRs while increasing the usefulness of the new SK scroll system sounds like a win for everyone (except the merchants because rare MR items would lose market value).