Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: New Scroll System - Self Knowledge 04/18/2018 03:59 PM CDT

<< Unfortunately, the implementer of this has had a small family emergency right after the release, so while fixes are ongoing, they have been delayed. We are aware of the issues and are working to fix them, however. >> -Coase

Thanks for the update.

Years ago, when a new system was released in the game, you had to get the bugs identified and fixed quickly, before the designer moved on to something else. Otherwise, it could be a very long time before anybody else could figure out how to fix it. That seems not to be the case in recent years. I assume you have better documentation now. Regardless, when there is something new that I expect to use often, I try to test it as quickly and thoroughly as I am able.
Re: New Scroll System - Self Knowledge 04/22/2018 04:05 PM CDT
SK scrolls are appearing in the treasure system without vibrant ink. They look just like normal scrolls. If the pawnshop won't buy it, then you know.

If you run across one of these, can you use bugitem on it?

Viduus
Re: New Scroll System - Self Knowledge 04/22/2018 04:14 PM CDT
To repeat, (1) they are appearing without vibrant ink - addressed in another response, but bugitem these if you run across them again

(2) the durations are half what they should be
(3) when fully infused, odeir'cos still shows potential to add 5 minutes. Post 1556 has more details and log excerpts.

- your runes/714 isn't playing well with the new scrolls, I'll be digging into this shortly, but it would be helpful if you could bug item the next SK scroll you personally charge up so I can see if it's an issue specific to your training, the odeir'cos reporting, or something more broad

Viduus
Re: New Scroll System - Self Knowledge 04/23/2018 08:24 AM CDT
I've got about three non-pawnable scrolls lurking from this weekend, so I can BugItem those for you this evening.
Re: New Scroll System - Self Knowledge 04/23/2018 01:49 PM CDT
I don't need the non-pawnable scrolls bugitemed, unless they meet the criteria previously outlined.

Viduus
Re: New Scroll System - Self Knowledge 04/24/2018 07:04 AM CDT
The next time I find one, I will do a Bugitem. I have found several SK scrolls since the release, all of which I discarded before your request for a Bugitem.

All of the SK scrolls I have found lacked vibrant ink. All of them had the infusion issues (odeir'cos displaying 2 hours for each spell, including buff spells, and showing potential to add 5 minutes even when fully infused). And all of them when invoked gave SK durations half what they should have (when fully infused, 0.5 hours for buff spells, instead of 1 hour, and 1 hour for offensive spells, instead of 2 hours, even though odeir'cos indicated 2 hours on all spells on the scroll).

I have never found any SK scrolls with vibrant ink. For what it's worth, a search of player shops shows many scrolls for sale, but none have vibrant ink.

If another player finds an SK scroll without vibrant ink before I do, hopefully they will Bugitem it.
Re: New Scroll System - Self Knowledge 04/24/2018 10:02 AM CDT
>I have never found any SK scrolls with vibrant ink. For what it's worth, a search of player shops shows many scrolls for sale, but none have vibrant ink.

I've seen scrolls that show all spells in vibrant ink to one person and the same spells without vibrant ink to another. I'm not sure if it's triggered by profession or skills, or something else, but this might be part of the issue.
Re: New Scroll System - Self Knowledge 04/25/2018 12:10 AM CDT
Few quick notes.

- Vibrant ink should show up correctly for wizard FE + other FE users
- SK scrolls should now be pawnable
- Rift dispel mechanics should be working properly again

Still investigating the 714 synergy issues.

Viduus
Re: New Scroll System - Self Knowledge 04/25/2018 08:29 AM CDT
I saw multiple vibrant ink scrolls in the Landing pawnshop, so I did not bother to BugItem the few I had.
Re: New Scroll System - Self Knowledge 04/27/2018 03:39 PM CDT
The only thing that I've been disappointed about with regards to the SK scroll system is that, unlike SK items, you can't imbed the spell. I was hoping that this would be a side-benefit to make 420 and 517 a little more useful. If you could put spells you learn via SK scrolls into mage rechargeable items via 420, then use 517 to recharge them, that would be a very useful boost to these spells.

As it stands, the tedium to using 420, and the limitations of the spell circles for the vast majority of users has prevented it from breaking the mold. Scroll Infusion stands to be much more useful in general, but 517 would become almost as useful if you could actually create your own rechargeable items with SK scrolls. I'd even support this if the SK was immediately removed upon using 420 (i.e. "removes a charge" but instead drops your spell buff), so you can't just create massive number of 211 or 215 mage rechargeables.

Some kind of interaction between this system and 420 would be much appreciated!
Re: New Scroll System - Self Knowledge 04/27/2018 04:00 PM CDT

Spell 420 needs remodeling anyway. I don't have any particular suggestions, other than that it needs some modern pizazz.
Re: New Scroll System - Self Knowledge 05/01/2018 03:45 AM CDT
All reported issues with SK scrolls should now be resolved, please let me know if you run into any further oddities.

Viduus
Re: New Scroll System - Self Knowledge 05/01/2018 08:08 AM CDT
Thanks for addressing these issues. After testing it today, I see only two remaining bugs:

Bug 1: When initially casting 714 at an SK scroll, I get a misfire, but the link is formed nonetheless and I am able to infuse it.

You begin drawing a faint, twisting symbol while softly intoning the words for Scroll Infusion...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a glittering scroll.
Your spell misfires.

This is how it normally looks:

You focus your mind on the purple paper and form a link with it.

Bug 2: The potential amount of time to add to offensive spells for a fresh scroll is wrong. As you can see on the same scroll below, 1707 shows the potential to add about 1 hour of time, but it actually held 2 hours after infusing. Also, there is an extra "an." Instead of "1 an hour," it should be "1 hour."

As the stone passes over the scroll, you sense:
(207) Purify Air with about 5 minutes of time remaining and the potential to add about 1 an hour of time.
(1707) Minor Steam with about 10 minutes of time remaining and the potential to add about 1 an hour of time.
(105) Poison Resistance with about 5 minutes of time remaining and the potential to add about 1 an hour of time.
(108) Stun Relief with about 5 minutes of time remaining and the potential to add about 1 an hour of time.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

As the stone passes over the scroll, you sense:
(207) Purify Air with about 1 an hour of time remaining and the potential to add no additional time.
(1707) Minor Steam with about 2 hours of time remaining and the potential to add no additional time.
(105) Poison Resistance with about 1 an hour of time remaining and the potential to add no additional time.
(108) Stun Relief with about 1 an hour of time remaining and the potential to add no additional time.

When invoking, I didn't get quite the full 1 or 2 hours. Since it says "about," I assume that's not a bug.

Knowledge - Purify Air ............. 0:58:51
Knowledge - Minor Steam ............ 1:57:59

The SK update spells is a very useful addition. I imagine every bolt using profession would enjoy having the ability to cast Minor Steam for 7 mana per cast.
Re: New Scroll System - Self Knowledge 05/01/2018 12:07 PM CDT

Bug 1: I haven't been able to reproduce this, and could use additional info. Are you just seeing it with the one scroll or with multiple? Are you typing prep/cast scroll or some other means (incant, point+click, etc)? Can you tell me which room you're in when seeing the failure?

Every unlocked scroll I've tested has given me this result.
N>prep 714
You begin drawing a faint, twisting symbol while softly intoning the words for Scroll Infusion...
Your spell is ready.
N>cast my scroll
You gesture at an arcane scroll.
You focus your mind on the arcane scroll and form a link with it.
N>read scro
It takes you a moment to focus on the luminous scroll.
On the luminous scroll you see
(117) Spirit Strike in vibrant ink
(108) Stun Relief in vibrant ink
(701) Blood Burst in vibrant ink
(117) Spirit Strike in vibrant ink

Bug 2: - This is why I shouldn't do late night fixes. The issue is resolved.

>>When invoking, I didn't get quite the full 1 or 2 hours. Since it says "about," I assume that's not a bug.

Due to an issue in how 714 handles charges for old/new, you were being shortchanged. I bumped the durations over 60/120 minutes for respective spells. "About" is correct though, as the durations aren't exactly 60/120 minutes.

Viduus
Re: New Scroll System - Self Knowledge 05/01/2018 12:52 PM CDT
I've only tried one scroll since the update. I bought it in the pawnshop. It was a fresh scroll (or least it was phasable). I was doing prep and cast as I've always done in a house annex where I've infused many scrolls. Even though it misfired, it still opened a link to the scroll (without saying that it had done so) and I was able to unlock the spells and infuse. I'll try another scroll and Bugitem if I see the same results.
Re: New Scroll System - Self Knowledge 05/01/2018 01:04 PM CDT
Please disregard my comments about Bug 1 (misfiring). I reviewed my log in detail, and I see that I made a mistake in the process. It's not worth explaining in detail, but it was not a bug. I apologize for wasting your time.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page