Armor failure not taking mana 01/16/2018 12:20 PM CST
Not sure on the best place to post this.

Over the past week or so I have noticed that every time I have an armor failure when casting a spell, I do not lose any mana from the failed cast. This seems great to me but I recall that there is a Paladin ARMOR ability (which probably no one actually learns) that is supposed to reduce the amount of mana lost due to armor failure.

My mana consistenly remains the same whenever I see this for 101 or 401 on my warrior:
incant 101
You gesture while calling upon the lesser spirits to aid you with the Spirit Warding I spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
[Spell Hindrance for some pearly white vultite armor is 6% with current Armor Use skill, d100= 5]
Your armor prevents the spell from working correctly.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

>armor help casting
Skill Name: Armored Casting
Mnemonic: casting
Other Requirements: None.
Available to: Paladins.
Prerequisites:
None
Armor Point Cost:
Rank 1: 20
Rank 2: 30
Rank 3: 40
Rank 4: 50
Rank 5: 60
Description: Adjusts a person's armor so that they can better recover from a failed spell casting attempt. Reduces the amount of mana lost when failing to cast a spell due to armor hindrance by 15% per rank (all fractions dropped) and has chance to reduce the roundtime of the failure.
>

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: Armor failure not taking mana 01/16/2018 01:01 PM CST
Were you in Mist Harbor? Odd stuff happens with mana there if you don't have any mana controls trained.
Re: Armor failure not taking mana 01/16/2018 01:40 PM CST
I am generally in Ta'Vaalor.

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: Armor failure not taking mana 01/16/2018 01:42 PM CST
I logged in to see if I could reproduce and the RNG decided to help me out on the 1st attempt.

>look
[Ta'Vaalor, Amaranth Wey]
The crowded intersection of wey and var teems with people, each hurrying in his or her own direction. A row of pennants of the Vaalor crimson and gold colors flutter atop the nearby Vermilion Gate, bringing cheer to the otherwise austere limestone edifice. A crisp white pavilion stands to one side of the Gate, while a small square building stands on the other, their front walls creating a corridor through which the crowds pass. You also see a white-robed acolyte, a wooden barrel and a ladder.
Obvious paths: south, west
>mana
Normal Enhanced
Maximum Mana Points: 5 5
Remaining Mana Points: 3

Mana gained off node: 1 1
Mana gained on node: 1 1

Mana Control abilities:
MANA PULSE - Manually invoke a mana pulse to gain mana as if you were off a node.
MANA SPELLUP - Instantly cast all of your defensive spells.

You have used the MANA SPELLUP ability 0 out of 0 times for today.
>incant 401
You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Elemental Defense I spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
[Spell Hindrance for some pearly white vultite armor is 11% with current Armor Use skill, d100= 5]
Your armor prevents the spell from working correctly.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
>mana
Normal Enhanced
Maximum Mana Points: 5 5
Remaining Mana Points: 3

Mana gained off node: 1 1
Mana gained on node: 1 1

Mana Control abilities:
MANA PULSE - Manually invoke a mana pulse to gain mana as if you were off a node.
MANA SPELLUP - Instantly cast all of your defensive spells.

You have used the MANA SPELLUP ability 0 out of 0 times for today.
>

-- Robert

Re: Armor failure not taking mana 01/16/2018 01:42 PM CST
Do you in fact have that Armor Maneuver active on you, with more than three (3) ranks?
(60% reduction of a 1-mana spell would get you to less than half a point of mana, and then it probably rounds/truncates to 0.)
Re: Armor failure not taking mana 01/16/2018 01:44 PM CST
>> Do you in fact have that Armor Maneuver active on you, with more than three (3) ranks?

No. I am a warrior with nothing outside of what I know. I use ARMOR SUPPORT.

>armor info
Khrayla, your Armor Specialization training is as follows:

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Armor Support support 1

Available Armor Training Points: 10

>spell active
You currently have the following active spells:
Armor Support ...................... 2:00:42
Spirit Warding I ................... 1:36:39
Elemental Defense I ................ 1:36:47

-- Robert

Re: Armor failure not taking mana 01/16/2018 02:15 PM CST
Robert
Over the past week or so I have noticed that every time I have an armor failure when casting a spell, I do not lose any mana from the failed cast. This seems great to me but I recall that there is a Paladin ARMOR ability (which probably no one actually learns) that is supposed to reduce the amount of mana lost due to armor failure.

It looks like the failed mana cost was off by 1 (so costing no mana on a level 1 spell). This should now be resolved. Thanks for reporting the issue.

GameMaster Estild