Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Magic Item Updates 08/13/2017 02:10 AM CDT
@GM
How does this affect paladins that infuse minor spirit spells like unbalance into their bonded weapon?

Paladin weapon infusion doesn't currently take this system into account.

Viduus
Re: Magic Item Updates 08/13/2017 07:19 AM CDT
Viduus,

Is there any chance it can somehow be made to work? A paladin already needs arcane symbols to put another spell into the weapon and I would gladly trade off higher training requirements for any spell besides 1615 that could be used in bonded weapons. As things stand now, nothing actually works in practice.

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: Magic Item Updates 08/13/2017 10:10 AM CDT
>How does this affect paladins that infuse minor spirit spells like unbalance into their bonded weapon?

My understanding is since you are infusing a spell that you already know, there will be no effect. Similarly, a sorcerer that imbeds 110 into a wand will also see no benefit.

There is a problem with off-circle CSes in the magic system, but I think in this case they are trying to resolve specifically the issue of magic items and scrolls for other classes.
Re: Magic Item Updates 08/13/2017 11:38 AM CDT
Is there any chance it can somehow be made to work? A paladin already needs arcane symbols to put another spell into the weapon and I would gladly trade off higher training requirements for any spell besides 1615 that could be used in bonded weapons. As things stand now, nothing actually works in practice.

I pulled the 1625 support last minute due to some issues that came up in QC. I'll circle back to it once I've resolved those issues.

Viduus
Re: Magic Item Updates 08/13/2017 11:59 AM CDT
That is sort of amazing news. Thank you.

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: Magic Item Updates 08/13/2017 04:08 PM CDT
That's awesome Viduus, 1625 support has me more excited than the potential release of 1650. I hope you're able to resolve any issues soon.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Magic Item Updates 08/14/2017 04:51 PM CDT

>Not understanding why Semi bonuses are halved.

it applies to the circles, not the characters
Re: Magic Item Updates 08/15/2017 06:01 AM CDT
This is awesome!!

>>Can you also fix the SPIRIT verb? I'd like to know that my spirit regen is being enhanced, and currently there is no way to tell if a spirit regen enhancive is charged or depleted because the SPIRIT verb doesn't indicate that your regen was enhanced.

I'd like to second this idea/request, even if it's simply the addition of something like "Your Spirit Regeneration is currently enhanced to Tier 1" or something, without giving any actual time-based specifics -- as it stands, it's very difficult to check.

-- Wheels & Skulls Department

You see Blood Mayor Cruxophim the Blood Reaver.
“Blood for the Blood Mayor! Skulls for the Skull Office!”

[ Storyline: https://goo.gl/VQkXAZ ]
[ Order of the Shadow: https://goo.gl/88Ojff ]
Re: Magic Item Updates 08/15/2017 10:41 AM CDT
Any sorcerers chime in to offer how this update has helped them, I may sound lazy (not trying to sound pessimistic though), but I cannot figure out how to apply this change...

Thanks,

Rolf
Re: Magic Item Updates 08/15/2017 05:16 PM CDT
<< Any sorcerers chime in to offer how this update has helped them, I may sound lazy (not trying to sound pessimistic though), but I cannot figure out how to apply this change... >>

This change is mainly for non-Sorcerers. The commonly occurring wands with warding spells contain Sorcerer spells (702, 705, 708), because historically Sorcerers were the ones who cast warding spells.

Still, with Sorcerers' ability to infuse scrolls, we should be able to find something nifty. Although I haven't spent any time looking, I imagine there are some interesting things to try in the 300s, 600s, 1600s and possibly even 1000s. IMO, for routine hunting, Sorcerers will be better off using their own warding attack spells. Use wands and scrolls for bolt spells.
Re: Magic Item Updates 08/16/2017 08:03 AM CDT
>Still, with Sorcerers' ability to infuse scrolls, we should be able to find something nifty. Although I haven't spent any time looking, I imagine there are some interesting things to try in the 300s, 600s, 1600s and possibly even 1000s.

Actually I think the other circles will have better opportunities. Pures and semis look to get their preferred circle native cast a bit better than item cast, but other circles have lower CS for native casting than item casting. The best caster of MnM warding spells by far will be pures with items, a scroll will out Calm an empath etc. Maybe a scroll will out Immolate a wizard now too, I haven't followed the changes well enough to judge, but there should be 500s or 900s or both where the item can beat the typical native caster as well.
Re: Magic Item Updates 08/19/2017 03:23 PM CDT
Did the update of magical items include use of scrolls? Does it include minor mental spells? I read up on the wiki a bunch after winning a 3x rune-tattoo and wondered if any skill sets on the character I put it on would affect the outcomes and saw most of the pages that reference squares bonus' of the minor circles didn't include any mention of the Minor Mental sphere. I figure that's probably not an oversight and Minor Mental exists outside of the 'square' domain but wanted to be sure.

Thanks!
Re: Magic Item Updates 04/03/2018 10:26 PM CDT

I pulled the 1625 support last minute due to some issues that came up in QC. I'll circle back to it once I've resolved those issues.

Viduus

With the release of the SK scroll system, 1625 has been updated to use the magic item spell rank system. Also, 1625 will allow multiple infusion charges when a spell is infused from a SK scroll.

Viduus
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page