Healing spells on scrolls 09/28/2016 09:35 PM CDT
Did something change over the past few months with healing spells(1100s)that makes me not able to heal minors off a scroll? Was it something that was arbitrarily decided that non empaths shouldn't be able to do? Or is it just another glitch? Nothing against the fine healers that play this game but when I'm in the confleuence I'm going to want to heal and I don't always carry a lot of herbs. You know that halfling encumbrance deal:)

any names in red able to shine some light on this?

Did I not get that memo?

Can someone make sure I get a copy of it....Mmmmmmkay?
Re: Healing spells on scrolls 10/04/2016 10:38 AM CDT
GAROFALOA
Did something change over the past few months with healing spells(1100s)that makes me not able to heal minors off a scroll? Was it something that was arbitrarily decided that non empaths shouldn't be able to do? Or is it just another glitch? Nothing against the fine healers that play this game but when I'm in the confleuence I'm going to want to heal and I don't always carry a lot of herbs. You know that halfling encumbrance deal:)
Did I not get that memo?
Can someone make sure I get a copy of it....Mmmmmmkay?

Can you post a log? I'm not seeing this.

>invoke 1102
1d100: 62 + Modifiers: 198 == 260

You raise the crumbling parchment and gesture to invoke the Limb Repair spell.
Sparks begin to fly between the crumbling parchment and your fingers. With a sudden burst of enthusiasm, the sparks jump into your hand and a charged feeling surrounds you.
>
>cast
You gesture.
Your right arm feels better.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Healing spells on scrolls 10/04/2016 11:10 AM CDT
I recently had two different issues, one of which I mentioned here and at least one of which I 'bug'ged in-game:
- with a Sonic Runestaff, I was unable to invoke from a scroll in my hand (although I think I had another scroll of the same description [like "a shimmering scroll"] in my personal inventory); and
- in the Four Winds Hall, you cannot "prep heal/cast", but instead must use 'cure'. Apparently the fact that you can cast that prepared spell at another target--turning it into Harm--messes with the built-in Sanctuary.

One or more of those effects may have crossover with what you noticed.
Re: Healing spells on scrolls 10/12/2016 08:06 AM CDT
Do you only get cast roundtime from scrolls? Empath spell boxfound items have always given me so much cure RT that its pointless to do anything but sell it as fast as possible.
Re: Healing spells on scrolls 10/14/2016 01:44 AM CDT

>Can you post a log? I'm not seeing this.

>invoke 1102
1d100: 62 + Modifiers: 198 == 260

You raise the crumbling parchment and gesture to invoke the Limb Repair spell.
Sparks begin to fly between the crumbling parchment and your fingers. With a sudden burst of enthusiasm, the sparks jump into your hand and a charged feeling surrounds you.
>
>cast
You gesture.
Your right arm feels better.

GameMaster Estild

I'll try. My injuries lately have usually resulted in death, thanks to Kenstrom. :P
Re: Healing spells on scrolls 10/14/2016 01:49 AM CDT
Actually, it turned out i had a nerve scar, and a scroll with 1112 on it, i had accidentally sold the 1105 and 1102 scrolls i had in my scroll case a couple days back.(Y'know...the halfling encumberance thing. lol)
I swear, i used to be able to do this.

>invoke 1112
1d100: 4 + Modifiers: 219 == 223

You raise the smeared scroll and gesture to invoke the System Scar Repair spell.
Sparks begin to fly between the smeared scroll and your fingers. With a sudden burst of enthusiasm, the sparks jump into your hand and a charged feeling surrounds you.
>cast
You gesture.
That tingles, but your scars are too severe for your knowledge.
Nothing happens.
>health
You have an old battle scar across your chest, and developed slurred speech.

Maximum Health Points: 135
Remaining Health Points: 135

Maximum Spirit Points: 10
Remaining Spirit Points: 10

Maximum Stamina Points: 122
Remaining Stamina Points: 122
>invoke 1112
1d100: 34 + Modifiers: 219 == 253

You raise the smeared scroll and gesture to invoke the System Scar Repair spell.
Sparks begin to fly between the smeared scroll and your fingers. With a sudden burst of enthusiasm, the sparks jump into your hand and a charged feeling surrounds you.
>cast
You gesture.
That tingles, but your scars are too severe for your knowledge.
Nothing happens.

-Hapenlok's Player, the trod upon wizard.
Who else can say that he's been murdered by almost every one of Kenstrom's NPC's?
Re: Healing spells on scrolls 10/14/2016 09:31 AM CDT
I guess I'm surprised that herbs weigh so much that carrying scrolls is lighter, but then again I guess I remember the days that I actually only carried the herbs required to continue casting. Now I have an herb satchel that I phase. Because cheating.
Re: Healing spells on scrolls 10/14/2016 01:39 PM CDT

It's not so bad now that I've fix my stats but I have a scroll case that I was keeping full of Scrolls for my personal use and I had a sack full of herbs Sandstone tending gems it was just too much I was always somewhat encumbered and generally getting my butt handed to me by maneuvers and what not so I was trying to lighten the load a little basically it's the halfling curse :)
Re: Healing spells on scrolls 10/14/2016 06:57 PM CDT
By default, the (1100 circle) healing spells only heal minor wounds and minor scars. Healing medium/majors is unlocked with Empath Base ranks, which you probably do not have.
Re: Healing spells on scrolls 10/14/2016 08:29 PM CDT
Slurred speech is a rank 1.scar.
Re: Healing spells on scrolls 12/01/2016 10:00 PM CST
>Did something change over the past few months with healing spells(1100s)that makes me not able to heal minors off a scroll? Was it something that was arbitrarily decided that non empaths shouldn't be able to do? Or is it just another glitch? Nothing against the fine healers that play this game but when I'm in the confleuence I'm going to want to heal and I don't always carry a lot of herbs. You know that halfling encumbrance deal:)

Bump for Estilid,

I'm Still having this issue, It's not a game breaker for me, but it is a bit of a pain. Wondering if you could look into it when you get the time.

Beginning to wonder if something's broken on me, instead of the items themselves.

I mean, i did manage to accumulate a negative fine recently. :P

Nothing 1100s works for minor wounds and scars, Used to work great.

Log excerpt below:

>invoke 1105
1d100: 42 + Modifiers: 210 == 252

You raise the illuminated scroll and gesture to invoke the Organ Repair spell.
Sparks begin to fly between the illuminated scroll and your fingers. With a sudden burst of enthusiasm, the sparks jump into your hand and a charged feeling surrounds you.
>cast
You gesture.
That tingles, but your wounds are too severe for your knowledge.
Nothing happens.
>health
You have some minor cuts and bruises on your left arm, minor cuts and bruises on your chest, minor cuts and bruises on your abdominal area, and minor cuts and bruises on your back.
You have old battle scars on your right arm, old battle scars on your left arm, old battle scars on your left leg, old battle scars on your right hand, an old battle scar across your back, and developed slurred speech.

Maximum Health Points: 135
Remaining Health Points: 135

Maximum Spirit Points: 10
Remaining Spirit Points: 10

Maximum Stamina Points: 122
Remaining Stamina Points: 122

~Hapenlok, Discoverer of weird glitches!
Re: Healing spells on scrolls 12/01/2016 10:14 PM CST
Pretty sure I know what's causing this. I'll look into it tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience!

~ Konacon
Re: Healing spells on scrolls 12/03/2016 12:51 PM CST
Like i said, not a game breaker, just a slight pain in the .....keister.

Thanks, boss!
Re: Healing spells on scrolls 12/20/2016 01:08 PM CST
Healing spells on scrolls should cure minor wounds and minor scars again!

~ Konacon
Re: Healing spells on scrolls 12/21/2016 05:59 PM CST

Awesome! Thanks!