SPELL: Daily Spell Cooldowns 09/02/2016 01:22 PM CDT
Spells with a daily cooldown (Miracle (350), Regeneration (1150), and Divine Word (1640)) will now list how many times you've cast the spell for your daily allotment and how soon it will reset under the SPELLS verb. Enjoy.

GameMaster Estild
Re: SPELL: Daily Spell Cooldowns 09/02/2016 01:42 PM CDT
Thank you, Estild. Useful quality of life change!

Doug
Re: SPELL: Daily Spell Cooldowns 09/02/2016 04:17 PM CDT

Thanks, Estild!

I'm looking at my empath, who has 53 ranks of Transformation lore. As I understand it, that means he should be able to use regenerate twice a day, right?

You have cast the Regeneration spell 0 out of 1 times for today.

Character is Beloran.

Bug, or? I hate to burn my use(s) regeneration to find out if the spell isn't accurately seeing I can use it twice, or if the wiki is incorrect on the 50 ranks of transformatioin lore.
Re: SPELL: Daily Spell Cooldowns 09/02/2016 04:26 PM CDT
ROBERTSM8
Thanks, Estild!
I'm looking at my empath, who has 53 ranks of Transformation lore. As I understand it, that means he should be able to use regenerate twice a day, right?
You have cast the Regeneration spell 0 out of 1 times for today.

This should now be fixed. Thanks for reporting it.

GameMaster Estild
Re: SPELL: Daily Spell Cooldowns 09/02/2016 04:28 PM CDT

Wow, that was quick! Thanks again :)
Re: SPELL: Daily Spell Cooldowns 09/02/2016 09:07 PM CDT
Estild? The best.
Re: SPELL: Daily Spell Cooldowns 09/02/2016 09:52 PM CDT
Spells with a daily cooldown (Miracle (350), Regeneration (1150), and Divine Word (1640)) will now list how many times you've cast the spell for your daily allotment and how soon it will reset under the SPELLS verb. Enjoy.
GameMaster Estild

This is awesome! Thanks!
Re: SPELL: Daily Spell Cooldowns 09/05/2016 05:30 AM CDT
Seems to be not working correctly?

Verbatim log from last night, except for emphasis that was added...

You reach down and tenderly cradle Gurrog's lifeless hand in yours.
>prep 1640
You trace a simple symbol as you reverently call on your patron in the prayer for Divine Word...
Your spell is ready.
>cast gurr
You gesture at Gurrog.
Gazing grimly upon the body of Gurrog, you chant with a quiet determination to intervene in his fate. A sense of true and singular purpose fills your mind and body, summoning gossamer white energy around your hands. You clutch your fist over your heart and then place your hand above Gurrog's lifeless eyes. Your once-quiet chant grows stronger and louder as the energy rushes forth from your fingertips and into Gurrog.
Roundtime: 15 sec.
Gurrog's body suddenly grows darker.
Gurrog stands taller, as if bolstered with a sense of confidence.
His body is surrounded by a dim dancing aura.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>spell
Your spell lists:
Minor Spiritual...8
Paladin Base......40
You can view your progress towards your skill goals in the character sheet.
You can view your spells in the spells panel.
You have cast the Divine Word spell 0 out of 3 times for today.
>unlink
At your core, you feel an insistent tugging and are reminded of the debt of spirit you owe. All at once, a measure of your life force departs you, leaving you feeling drained.
Roundtime: 30 sec.
>spell
Your spell lists:
Minor Spiritual...8
Paladin Base......40
You have cast the Divine Word spell 0 out of 3 times for today.

Checked this morning and it still says 0 for 3.

Let me know if I can provide any other information.

Thanks!
Re: SPELL: Daily Spell Cooldowns 09/05/2016 02:41 PM CDT
DAID
Seems to be not working correctly?

It should now be working correctly, but if you already cast the spell once in the last 24 hours, it's considered a free cast (and thus will show up as 0 uses). Also, there was a disparity in lore benefit for Divine Word (1640) in the documentation vs. what was actually possible. The documentation previously stated you got 1 cast per day and a 2nd and 3rd cast at 20 and 40 ranks of Spiritual Lore, Religion. In reality, paladins get one additional free cast per 20 ranks of SL:R, so if you trained 60 ranks of SL:R, you can cast 1640 4 times per day, etc.

GameMaster Estild
Re: SPELL: Daily Spell Cooldowns 09/06/2016 07:15 AM CDT
Estild
It should now be working correctly, but if you already cast the spell once in the last 24 hours, it's considered a free cast (and thus will show up as 0 uses).

Huh? As long as I read this as "there is a temporary thing only in the last 24 hours and only for one cast" then I've followed you. If this says something else that is a general property of the spell or feedback I'm lost.

Estild
Also, there was a disparity in lore benefit for Divine Word (1640) in the documentation vs. what was actually possible. The documentation previously stated you got 1 cast per day and a 2nd and 3rd cast at 20 and 40 ranks of Spiritual Lore, Religion. In reality, paladins get one additional free cast per 20 ranks of SL:R, so if you trained 60 ranks of SL:R, you can cast 1640 4 times per day, etc.

OoOo, I wanted that benefit with lore as it turns out. Cool!

Got this on gswiki for both the spell itself and the lore chart.

https://gswiki.play.net/Lore_chart#Paladin_Base

Let me know if it doesn't look right.
Re: SPELL: Daily Spell Cooldowns 09/06/2016 09:44 AM CDT
DAID
Huh? As long as I read this as "there is a temporary thing only in the last 24 hours and only for one cast" then I've followed you.

That's exactly what I meant. At 2:41 PM CT today, it will have been 24 hours since I posted that and made the update, after which, it will no longer apply and the spell itself and cooldown listed under SPELL should both work correctly.

GameMaster Estild
Re: SPELL: Daily Spell Cooldowns 09/06/2016 08:53 PM CDT
Looks good now!

You have cast the Divine Word spell 2 out of 3 times for today. The available uses will reset in 23 hours and 55 minutes.
Re: SPELL: Daily Spell Cooldowns 09/15/2016 10:16 AM CDT
>Spells with a daily cooldown (Miracle (350), Regeneration (1150), and Divine Word (1640)) will now list how many times you've cast the spell for your daily allotment and how soon it will reset under the SPELLS verb. Enjoy.

Meant to post this last week, but SPELLS isn't actually a verb in game.

>spells
Please rephrase that command.

>spell
Your spell lists:
Minor Elemental...77
Major Elemental...159
Wizard Base.......67

You have cast the Time Stop spell 0 out of 1 times for today.

>spells
Please rephrase that command.

~ Methais
Re: SPELL: Daily Spell Cooldowns 09/18/2016 08:29 PM CDT

"what would go into 419?"

I would be interesting in something that gets really powerful with TOTAL elemental lore ranks in all the elemental lores. I feel like that would be unique and also address the "what lore would you make it work with?" question...
Re: SPELL: Daily Spell Cooldowns 09/19/2016 04:29 AM CDT
>"what would go into 419?"

>I would be interesting in something that gets really powerful with TOTAL elemental lore ranks in all the elemental lores. I feel like that would be unique and also address the "what lore would you make it work with?" question...

Lost a folder or a thread?
Re: SPELL: Daily Spell Cooldowns 09/19/2016 08:34 AM CDT
">"what would go into 419?"" -- Daid, quoting & replying unattributed

Possibly in response to the GMs position that no spell slot would be opened there until there was a spell to put into it, itself a response to me pointing out spell consolidation with (due to 'evoke' for a Mass version of the same effect of) Elemental Defense III/414.