Mana spellup bug 02/08/2016 08:34 PM CST
Why is this happening? It looks like 104, 105 and 314 don't refresh OR stack any more.

>mana spellup
With your advanced understanding of spiritual mana, you transcend the normal limitations of magic and release upon yourself a flurry of abjurations...

A light blue glow surrounds you.
The air thickens and begins to swirl around you.
You suddenly feel more powerful.
Your spell misfires.
Your spell misfires.
A deep blue glow surrounds you.
A misty halo surrounds you.
A dull golden nimbus surrounds you.
You suddenly feel a lot more powerful.
You are surrounded by a white light.
A dim aura surrounds you.
You begin to breathe more deeply.
A faint slick sheen makes the air about you visible for the briefest of moments, then sinks into you and disappears.
You and your group stand tall and feel more confident.
A brilliant aura surrounds you and your group. You feel charged with extra vitality.
An opalescent aura surrounds you.
A pure white aura sparkles around you.
A pearlescent emanation extends outward to encompass you and those nearby.

Your spirit is bolstered by a great sense of faith and conviction.
A wispy tendril of pure magic reaches out to encircle you and those nearby.

You feel more secure basking in the glow of divine protection.
Turning your thoughts inward, you ask for the majesty of your deity to protect you. The scent of something burning drifts past, and you sense that your prayer has been granted.
Your spell misfires.
Drawing deep from the well of your soul, you summon forth a thread of your essence and weave it into an evanescent shield to shroud your form.

>spell active

You currently have the following active spells:
Armor Support ...................... 3:25:59
Spirit Warding I ................... 1:27:37
Spirit Barrier ..................... 1:27:37
Spirit Defense ..................... 1:27:37
Disease Resistance ................. 0:00:37
Poison Resistance .................. 0:00:37
Spirit Warding II .................. 1:35:27
Water Walking ...................... 1:27:37
Fasthr's Reward .................... 1:27:37
Lesser Shroud ...................... 1:27:37
Spirit Shield ...................... 1:27:37
Purify Air ......................... 1:27:37
Untrammel .......................... 1:27:37
Bravery ............................ 1:27:37
Heroism ............................ 1:27:37
Spirit Servant ..................... 1:07:08
Spell Shield ....................... 1:27:37
Prayer of Protection ............... 4:07:25
Benediction ........................ 4:07:25
Warding Sphere ..................... 4:07:25
Prayer ............................. 4:07:25
Relieve Burden ..................... 1:42:48
Soul Ward .......................... 4:07:25
Re: Mana spellup bug 02/08/2016 08:47 PM CST
This also happened almost immediately after, so the lore-based effect is not refreshing either.

>Deep blue motes swirl away from you and fade.
Re: Mana spellup bug 02/08/2016 08:53 PM CST

Did you change your ranks of SL:Blessings? Or remove one of your SL:Blessings enhancives (or let it run out of charges)?
Re: Mana spellup bug 02/08/2016 08:56 PM CST
>Did you change your ranks of SL:Blessings? Or remove one of your SL:Blessings enhancives (or let it run out of charges)?

No enhancives and no changes.
Re: Mana spellup bug 02/08/2016 08:59 PM CST

Did someone else with more ranks of Blessings cast those spells on you? (That would be consistent with the 107 blue mote message, too.)

I've seen that before, when I lost Blessings ranks.

Either way, if you stop those spells and start them again, it should solve the problem.
Re: Mana spellup bug 02/08/2016 09:00 PM CST
>Did someone else with more ranks of Blessings cast those spells on you? (That would be consistent with the 107 blue mote message, too.)

No.

>Either way, if you stop those spells and start them again, it should solve the problem.

Thanks, but that doesn't solve the problem that there seems to be several issues with mana spellup right now unless something changed with 4 spells.
Re: Mana spellup bug 02/08/2016 09:10 PM CST
>Thanks, but that doesn't solve the problem that there seems to be several issues with mana spellup right now unless something changed with 4 spells.

Just tried a mana spellup with my cleric and it worked fine. To me it just looks like you (somehow) had a version of 104, 105, 107 and 314 running with more Blessings Lore than you currently have... it should only continue to be a problem until those versions are gone (STOPped or expired). That's what I've seen before, at least.
Re: Mana spellup bug 02/08/2016 09:19 PM CST
>To me it just looks like you (somehow) had a version of 104, 105, 107 and 314 running with more Blessings Lore than you currently have... it should only continue to be a problem until those versions are gone (STOPped or expired).

And I'm telling you that's not the case and not possible, so I'd appreciate it if someone official could please look into it.
Re: Mana spellup bug 02/08/2016 10:02 PM CST
>And I'm telling you that's not the case and not possible, so I'd appreciate it if someone official could please look into it.

So you've stopped 314 and tried casting it twice and it won't stack?

So far you haven't given any reason to believe this isn't just a one-time thing. Maybe someone spelled you up when you weren't looking. Maybe it's a one-time glitch in your active spells. Unless it recurs, I'm not sure there's anything that can be looked into.
Re: Mana spellup bug 02/08/2016 10:09 PM CST
>So far you haven't given any reason to believe this isn't just a one-time thing. Maybe someone spelled you up when you weren't looking. Maybe it's a one-time glitch in your active spells. Unless it recurs, I'm not sure there's anything that can be looked into.

I'm not sure what your problem is or why I need to provide you with a reason. If it doesn't concern you, then kindly stop pretending there is no issue.

No one spelled me up while I wasn't looking. People don't cast 314 on other clerics, and even if they did, it lasts for 2 minutes and most definitely doesn't supercede the cleric's self-cast ability.
Re: Mana spellup bug 02/08/2016 10:18 PM CST
>I'm not sure what your problem is or why I need to provide you with a reason. If it doesn't concern you, then kindly stop pretending there is no issue.

Just troubleshooting here. I've seen the exact same thing before. It only happened once. I puzzled over it for a little bit and then figured it out. It wasn't mana spellup, it was the version of the spell I was wearing. Mana spellup is currently working just fine for my cleric, so obviously they didn't break it game-wide somehow.

I would be very interested if it continued to happen to you. And I think someone would be more likely to look into it if you could show that this was a recurring problem, and not a one-time thing.

Just my two cents.
Re: Mana spellup bug 02/09/2016 07:33 AM CST
>I'm not sure what your problem is or why I need to provide you with a reason. If it doesn't concern you, then kindly stop pretending there is no issue.

An NIR is most likely only going to ask the same thing. Asking if something is reproducible is not the same as claiming there's no issue. This is a perfectly reasonable request and does not justify a snarky reply.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Mana spellup bug 02/09/2016 05:47 PM CST
What if any enhancives do you own? Do any spells increase blessing lore? I have noticed that my rogue will sometimes have lock lore not be refreshable because, and i assume, the initial cast was enhanced by either 402 or 404.