Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/22/2015 07:49 PM CDT

Horray I can use tonis bolt again!!!
Thanks so much, this seems to be a very elegant solution to the issues that the new EVOKE cast modes presented.
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/23/2015 02:57 PM CDT
Hi Everybody! I'm here with some breaking news!

The INCANT overrides have been updated to include allowing OPEN/CLOSED as options:
- INCANT {spell} [OPEN|CLOSED] {CHANNEL|EVOKE|CAST}
- Note: OPEN/CLOSED is optional, but if included has to come before the CHANNEL/EVOKE/CAST part.

I have also added 118, 412, 504, 609, 703, 716, 1602, and 1608 to the list of spells that can be SET or overriden to open cast.

~ Konacon
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/23/2015 03:04 PM CDT
s>incant set open 1602
INCANT will now open cast the Pious Trial spell.
s>incant set open 1608
INCANT will now open cast the Beacon of Courage spell.

This is just the best.

AIM: GS4Menos

>Like men we'll face the murderous, cowardly pack,
>Pressed to the wall, dying, but fighting back!
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/23/2015 04:04 PM CDT
>> I'm here with some breaking news!

Konacon broke something? That's not news!

Update much appreciated. The fact that you can now set spells to open by default should be huge even for people who don't need Evoke on their characters.
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/23/2015 04:09 PM CDT
> Konacon broke something? That's not news!

Right?! Poor Estild always having to fix all my stuff before I get to show it to you guys...

~ Konacon
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/23/2015 04:11 PM CDT
I think I already said thanks, Konacoder, for all the updates, but if not, a big THANK YOU! for updating all the spell stuff and such. Also, thanks for the various pieces of info you have thrown out there about lore effects for various spells.

-Taakhooshi, and Me

For the Story of Taakhooshi:
http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Taakhooshi
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/23/2015 05:16 PM CDT
J>incant 1602
You motion forcefully as you confidently call on your patron in the invocation for Pious Trial...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
CS: +505 - TD: +383 + CvA: -21 + d100: +51 - -5 == +157
Warding failed!
You feel suddenly overwhelmed by a great conflicting burden, distracting your thoughts and actions.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

INCANT OPEN Spells:
- 1630: Judgment
- 1602: Pious Trial
- 1608: Beacon of Courage

I don't think that is supposed to work like that.

Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/23/2015 05:19 PM CDT
> I don't think that is supposed to work like that.

Very strange... I was unable to get this to happen in my testing with it. I'll look into it.

~ Konacon
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/23/2015 07:52 PM CDT
I'm a big fan of the change, but it seems to be broken with 1750. Specifically, it appears I can no longer use incant to cast the spell I am using 1750 to get.
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/23/2015 08:18 PM CDT

> INCANT SET {CHANNEL|EVOKE|OPEN} {spell}
> - Change incant settings for {spell}.

missing option to set it back to closed.

open 703 still broken with 1720. would changing the open cast to evoke fix that?
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/23/2015 10:00 PM CDT
VANKRASN39
missing option to set it back to closed.
open 703 still broken with 1720. would changing the open cast to evoke fix that?

>incant set open 703
INCANT will now open cast the Corrupt Essence spell.

>incant set open 703
INCANT will now closed cast the Corrupt Essence spell.

None of these changes will affect the 1720 bug. So that will continue to exist (but we'll get it fixed in the next couple of days).

GameMaster Estild
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/24/2015 01:52 PM CDT
>> open 703 still broken with 1720. would changing the open cast to evoke fix that?

> None of these changes will affect the 1720 bug. So that will continue to exist (but we'll get it fixed in the next couple of days).

The bug which caused 1720 to prevent the caster from casting certain open casting spells should be fixed now.

~ Konacon
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/24/2015 02:25 PM CDT
Hmmm....I wonder if I should INCANT SET OPEN 720?

Then every time I hit the tab key (including by accident), a void will rip open.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/24/2015 04:21 PM CDT

The devilish imp on your shoulder says, "Yes. Yes you should."
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/25/2015 12:07 AM CDT

You peer across an elaborately carved stone causeway and see... (rooms trimmed)

[Ruined Temple, Nexus]
You also see a triton dissembler, a greater water elemental and some muck.
Obvious exits: none
>go cau
>ce
[Ruined Temple, Nexus]
You also see a triton dissembler, a greater water elemental and some muck.
Obvious exits: none
Your midnight black darkling and your triton defender followed.
You trace a burning rune into the air, melding the spiritual and elemental powers by sheer force of will into Corrupt Essence.
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
CS: +565 - TD: +327 + CvA: +20 + d100: +15 == +273
Warding failed!
A triton executioner is suddenly surrounded by a blood red haze.
CS: +565 - TD: +350 + CvA: +25 + d100: +51 == +291
Warding failed!
A triton dissembler is suddenly surrounded by a blood red haze.
CS: +565 - TD: +464 + CvA: +25 + d100: +95 == +221
Warding failed!
A greater water elemental is suddenly surrounded by a blood red haze.
A triton executioner leaps from hiding to attack!
A triton executioner positions herself to attack you.
The evanescent shield shrouding you flares to life and absorbs the oncoming blow.
>720 ele
Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
A greater water elemental raises its arms and spins about on its whirling lower body!
The blood red haze surrounding a greater water elemental swirls, causing it to falter.
A triton dissembler points a single golden nail toward you!
A blood red haze swirls in a triton dissembler's eyes and she convulses slightly.

YAY! This issue has been bothering me for at least: 2 years, 4 months, 29 days (time since my first post about it)

next issue that's a little nitpicky:

Incant 709 keeps looking for a target, so when things are hidden, you have to prep and open cast, or set the INCANT to open cast, which is weird.

>inc 709
>
You do not currently have a target.
>pre 709
You trace a burning rune into the air, melding the spiritual and elemental powers by sheer force of will into Grasp of the Grave.
Your spell is ready.
>cast
You gesture.
Numerous grotesque limbs in varying states of decay suddenly burst out of the ground! With startling speed and ferocity, the arms grab at whatever they can!

>inc set open 709
INCANT will now open cast the Grasp of the Grave spell.

>inc 709
You trace a burning rune into the air, melding the spiritual and elemental powers by sheer force of will into Grasp of the Grave.
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
Numerous grotesque limbs in varying states of decay suddenly burst out of the ground! With startling speed and ferocity, the arms grab at whatever they can!
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/25/2015 01:13 AM CDT

Those mass disablers have all worked that way for a while (forever?). 909, 913, 410, 709, etc... Is setting them to open a problem? Isn't that the solution? It's better than having to cast at my boots which is what I was doing before the incant change.
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/25/2015 11:09 AM CDT
Is it normal to get both RT and CT when Channeling Sorcerer spells, this is a bit annoying
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/25/2015 11:11 AM CDT
Channel is used to increase the power of certain spells, and gives hard-RT, yes.

Note that there are (currently) comparatively few spells that use Channel, so you may be doing it when you don't have to.
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/25/2015 11:13 AM CDT

Gotya Thanks!
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/27/2015 06:05 AM CDT
With 504 set to OPEN, INCANT casts at myself.

>incant 504
You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Slow...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
CS: +489 - TD: +451 + CvA: +15 + d100: +52 == +105
Warding failed!
You begin to notice the world speed up around you. How odd.
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/27/2015 07:57 AM CDT
You are taking the channel RT penalty there. That probably shouldn't be happening.
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/27/2015 11:25 AM CDT
> With 504 set to OPEN, INCANT casts at myself.

Someone else saw this with 703 as well. I'm trying to reproduce this or figure out what could be causing it, but can't find it yet... Does this happen to you everytime you incant 504 with it set to open?

~ Konacon
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/27/2015 11:36 AM CDT
RATHBONER
You are taking the channel RT penalty there. That probably shouldn't be happening.

No, that's from the recent Slow (504) and Pious Trial (1602) updates, where the target is immediately subject to 3 seconds of roundtime.

GameMaster Estild
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/27/2015 12:37 PM CDT
At least for me, I noticed it twice when fighting bandits. Both times I was in a group (leading) and at least one bandit was in the open. That is for 1602 targeting the caster. I do not use 1602 in OTF so I cannot say if it would happen there as well.

Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/28/2015 12:31 AM CDT
Someone else saw this with 703 as well. I'm trying to reproduce this or figure out what could be causing it, but can't find it yet... Does this happen to you everytime you incant 504 with it set to open?
~ Konacon

As far as I can tell, every time: with 0 targets in the room, 1 target, multiple targets, etc... PREP 504 CAST works normally and open casts, but INCANT always targets me with INCANT SET OPEN 504 turned on.
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/28/2015 02:34 PM CDT
Incant will let you set contradictory terms for Web.

INCANT EVOKE Spells:
- 118: Web

INCANT OPEN Spells:
- 118: Web

If anyone cares, OPEN overrides EVOKE.
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/28/2015 02:37 PM CDT
In this case, OPEN would override EVOKE, yes. Are there more cases than just this one as far as contradictory settings that you all know of?

~ Konacon
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/28/2015 02:52 PM CDT
It's the only one I noticed setting up my characters, but I only have a cleric and an empath.

I noticed it while I was working on a Lich script to iterate through possible CHANNEL/EVOKE/OPEN spells and set up INCANT for a character. I'll let you know if I find any more.

My expected behavior in this case, by the way, is that INCANT SET EVOKE 118 would disable OPEN, and vice-versa. That seems the most logical, even though it would need to be special-cased.
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/29/2015 09:04 AM CDT
Not sure where this one came from, but:

>incant 110
You utter a light chant and raise your hands, beckoning the lesser spirits to aid you with the Unbalance spell...
Your spell is ready.
You channel at a bog wight.
CS: +210 - TD: +144 + CvA: +11 + d100: +95 == +172
Warding failed!
... 45 points of damage!
Eye spins backward into skull. The bog wight falls to the ground dead.
The bog wight falls to the ground motionless.

>pre 110
You utter a light chant and raise your hands, beckoning the lesser spirits to aid you with the Unbalance spell...
Your spell is ready.
>channel spec
You can only channel certain spells for extra power.

>incant set

INCANT CHANNEL Spells:
- 1106: Bone Shatter
- 1115: Wither

INCANT EVOKE Spells:
- None

INCANT OPEN Spells:
- None

I haven't touched SET CHANNELINCANT since the changes, but it was on, so I presume it's still on. It never used to try to channel 110 in the past. CHANNELINCANT doesn't show up under set/flags any more, but I haven't touched the setting in case you want to peek at the character.

If this lets me channel 110, though, I might not complain too loudly... ;)
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 09/29/2015 11:12 AM CDT
> If this lets me channel 110, though, I might not complain too loudly... ;)

This has been fixed now. Sorry about that!

~ Konacon
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 10/08/2015 12:48 PM CDT
Any chance of getting the interaction with 1750 fixed? The new behavior is shown below. Previously, incant worked with 1750 such that the incant <Spell#> after a successful 1750 would cast that spell.

>rub my pin
You rub your citrine quartz pin.
1d100: 18 + Modifiers: 192 == 210

Your mind's eye drifts to visions of vast, ancient libraries and you sense, with unnatural clarity, that you can clearly discern the arcane texts that once eluded you.
>incant 319
That is not something you can prepare.
>prep 319
Countless images of symbols and runes fill your mind as you begin to tap into the untold resources of magical knowledge at your disposal. The workings of the Soul Ward spell linger in your memory.
You raise your hand while murmuring a soft orison, focusing on the Soul Ward spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cast
You gesture.
Drawing deep from the well of your soul, you summon forth a thread of your essence and weave it into an evanescent shield to shroud your form.
>
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 10/08/2015 09:15 PM CDT

Thanks for posting about that Darkdeed. I've been meaning to post about this as well but have been too busy IRL.

-- Robert

Fluke in the programming, or just your average everyday Konacode? ~ Konacon
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 10/08/2015 11:51 PM CDT
There was some spin-off thread on this same topic in the Bad and Ugly. I assume it got moved or something.

In any case, could the Phase (704) Evoke pull non-corporeal creatures under INCANT (without target) rather than duplicating (or shifting) the very useless ability of pulling items out of containers to Evoke? Channel was just fine for that, as it uses hard RT anyway. Having to actually type the creatures name for CAST (thus I cannot use TARGET/INCANT) essentially means I rarely use 704 on undead for my own hunting. Literally never, except now when I'm helping other people hunt.

Or if open INCANT on 704 just defaulted to the version cast at creatures, rather than casting it as myself for no reason (or gain) at all.

Thanks!

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 10/21/2015 01:17 PM CDT
>- Also, Cone of Elements now allows you to add your element of choice to INCANT.
>-- INCANT 518 AIR (Use incant settings to cast/evoke an AIR Cone.)
>-- INCANT 518 EVOKE ACID (Evoke an acid cone)

This doesn't seem to work.

>inc set

INCANT CHANNEL Spells:
- 502: Chromatic Circle

INCANT EVOKE Spells:
- 903: Minor Water

INCANT OPEN Spells:
- 518: Cone of Elements

>inc 518 earth
You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Cone of Elements...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You hurl a powerful lightning bolt at a halfling brigand!
AS: +546 vs DS: +292 with AvD: +51 + d100 roll: +69 = +374
... and hit for 179 points of damage!
Horrifying jolt of electricity fries chest to a crisp. Toasty!
You hurl a powerful lightning bolt at a half-elven robber!
AS: +546 vs DS: +298 with AvD: +44 + d100 roll: +74 = +366
... and hit for 140 points of damage!
Horrid jolt of electricity illuminates kidneys!

Yes, I have more than 20 ranks of earth lore.
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 10/21/2015 08:52 PM CDT
This was working correctly a week or so back.

I was consistently able to 'incant 518 air' but now I get a random result (using the player friendly version).

Looks like I'll need to leave my current tag line for a bit longer! :p

-- Robert

Fluke in the programming, or just your average everyday Konacode? ~ Konacon
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 01/18/2016 02:32 AM CST
There's no option to remove a setting once it has been added.

Incant 504 open just casts 504 on yourself rather than the room AOE version.

Now that I've set it, I cannot unset it, and any setting will just cast slow on yourself.

Please add an option to clear a setting and fix the incant 504 open option if you can. Thanks.
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 01/18/2016 02:36 AM CST
Oh found how to unset.. even though it is not documented and unintuitive.

You have to incant set cast open twice. You're like.. what? ... yeah.. apparently if you set it once, it sets it to open cast. Set it again and it sets it to closed cast. (then magically disappears from incant set list)
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 01/18/2016 10:24 AM CST
> Incant 504 open just casts 504 on yourself rather than the room AOE version.

This should be fixed now! If you still see it happening I'd love to see some logs of it to further track this down.

> Please add an option to clear a setting and fix the incant 504 open option if you can. Thanks.

Done! I've added CLOSED as an INCANT SET option.

~ Konacon
Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 01/18/2016 11:50 AM CST
Awesome Konacon.

See if you can get a GM to fix this equally counter-intuitive aspect of the ESP command:

>esp ignore global |
You are now ignoring the global channel. |
>esp ignore global |
You are now listening to the global channel.

Gotta love how to listen to something you have to IGNORE it!

Re: INCANT Verb Updated! 01/18/2016 01:24 PM CST
I also added some more information to INCANT's help information to note that the settings can be removed by setting them again, as well as that INCANT SET CAST will remove the CHANNEL/EVOKE settings, and INCANT SET CLOSED will remove the OPEN setting.

~ Konacon
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page