HSN: Verb EVOKE Released! 09/03/2015 04:26 PM CDT
Hi everybody! (Scroll down to == MECHANICS == if you hate unicorns and kittens)

Let's talk about verbs. I love verbs, you love verbs, we ALL love verbs... Except critters. They would have much better lives without verbs, I think. Anyways, CHANNEL has been a verb for a while that gives you some hard roundtime on casting a spell in exchange for casting a more powerful version of the spell.

Well, with the ELR running amok (Seriously, go check it out!) we realized that there are some spells that have a secondary version, but aren't REALLY more powerful. So what do we do about this? Seriously. Tell me. I'll wait. NO I WON'T I'M TOO EXCITED. Get down to the mechanics section so I can stop typing. Please. Are you still reading this? Wow. I am impressed. How long should I keep this going? You tell me. This is the release note that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends...

== MECHANICS == (These aren't really mechanics, exactly, but why change something that works?)

A new verb, EVOKE, has been released to replace some instances of CHANNEL and set us up the bomb for some new things coming out for the ELR. With that, here's what we've got:

Phase (704), Divine Wrath (335), and Minor Water (903) now use EVOKE instead of CHANNEL for the second version of their spells being cast.

Questions? Comments? Love? Hate? Let's hear it! Join on up in the fun!

~ Konacon

This message was originally posted in Magic Spells/Systems, Magic Systems. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/224/2480/view/925