The sounds of scales.. 09/10/2015 04:49 AM CDT
The path guided by the Emerald Light is slowly coming into view.

Before you, you see a dark eerie path shaped by rotting limbs.

As you approach a thick miasma mist surrounds you leaving you feeling slightly drained. Soon leaving you lost in a haze of mist.

You push forward for what seems some time you reach an opening with a black marble slab stained with blood in the center.

[Shrouded Miasma Site]
A dark, damp mist surrounds the area with only a black marble slab in the center of what seems like a ritual site. The site is outlined with rotting arms that seem to be rooted into the ground. You also see a path shaped by rotting limbs

Engraved on the black marble slab is a green serpent on a brown field.

You approach the slab and kneel before it, taking a ritual dagger from your belt, you bow your head and beseech to Luukos for divine assistance.

You close your eyes and recite:
I give to you my mind,
I give to you my body,
I give to you my soul.

You remove an uncut emerald from your backpack and place it on the slab.

Closing your eyes you press the ritual dagger into the palm of your hand and slice your palm open then.

You clench your fist over an uncut emerald causing it to seep into the gem.

You replace the ritual dagger in your belt and wrap a torn cloth in the palm of your hand.

You clasp your hands together in a reverent manor and pray before the slab.

You feel the temperature in the area drop as your breath becomes visible while continuing your prayers.

You hear the sounds of scales scraping in your mind.

A pale priest steps into view from the mist and approach the slab.

With a glare he stares at you and places one hand over the uncut emerald and one over your head as you continue prayers.

You feel your spirit being drained from your body as the priest begins to chant, the sound of scales scraping against marble echo in your mind.

The uncut emerald begins to emit a bright light before vanishing from the slab.

The pale priest nods and says, on thisss night you have gained the Mastersss favor. Your sssoul isss bound by your oath to ssserve the Master, do not fail him as he doesss not forgive.

The pale priest places a hand on your head causing a dark emerald mist to seep into your skin as you continue your prays.

The pale priest says, arise and return on your path. Your deed has been stored and your place in the swarm will strengthen the hoards of undead.

The pale priest quietly returns into the mist.

You raise to your feet feeling extremely drained for a moment but suddenly feel a new vigor growing inside you. Glancing down at your hand your cut seems to heal itself leaving only a small scar causing the torn cloth stained with blood to fall to the ground were a skeletal hand bursts from the ground and drags the torn cloth under leaving no trace of it or the hand.

You can still hear the echo of scales scraping on marble echoing in your mind as you make your way back down a path.

Life is feudal, prepare for the next.
Re: The sounds of scales.. 09/10/2015 10:30 PM CDT
Nice vignette. It would be interesting to explore how all the Arkati accepted favor.

Chad, player of a few