offering to Luukos 06/04/2012 01:17 AM CDT
I have a few characters that want to commune with Luukos and I have a few questions about it. I have communed with Sheru before, and had a pretty decent ceremony with him. We all died, but that is besides the point.

Any ideas on how to do it?
What does he prefer as a gift?
(I'm assuming people but is there anything else?)
What incense/candles should be used?
Does he prefer a specific gem?
Is there a specific class he hates that I can get into his temple in Sol Haven?

Please I need some ideas.

Thank you.
Re: offering to Luukos 06/04/2012 11:49 AM CDT
History of Luukos: http://www.play.net/gs4/info/tomes/deities/luukos_history.asp

Luukos' gem: emerald , from: http://www.play.net/gs4/info/gems/gem11.asp#Arkati

Loresong from a soulstone wand(which is freaking awesome and all about luukos): http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?p=1342375&highlight=soulstone+wand#post1342375

Random Weird Log I Found On my Computer:

Evyrsio just arrived, dragging the body of Kembal with him
>
The ghostly voice of Kembal says, "This is definitely not the secret bakery."
>
Evyrsio says, "Oh bloody sin, Kembal. Do ye e'er stop complainin?"
>
Evyrsio rolls Kembal's corpse towards the front of the altar and pulls a lever. Without warning, a mobile adorned with paper mache snakes drops from the ceiling and dangles threateningly above Kembal's head.
>
Kembal's spirit lets out an unsettling groan.
>
Tiny clockwork zombies wielding pitchforks emerge from a chamber within the altar and clatter around Kembal's body in a wild, whirling dervish.
>
Evyrsio kneels down.
>
A slightly larger zombie wielding a large paintstick trudges up to Kembal and draws a shadowy incarnadine mustache on his face.
>
Evyrsio waves.
>
Evyrsio pulls the lever on the altar and a human-sized trap door opens, sending Kembal's body sailing into the darkness below.
>
Evyrsio stands up.
>
Evyrsio dusts himself off.
>
A paper mache snake comes loose from the mobile and flutters sadly to the floor.
>
Evyrsio grumbles.
>
Evyrsio tersely says, "Bloody Querthose always playin wit tha mobile. I told 'im I wasn gonna make another snake."
>
Evyrsio exclaims, "I told 'im!"
>
Evyrsio mumbles something under his breath.
>
Evyrsio just went out.
Re: offering to Luukos 06/04/2012 11:49 AM CDT
You will also need a cleric converted to Luukos if you do not already.

(hint: The spell only attempts a commune with the Arkati you are converted to.)

If it is any help, symbols of Luukos tend to be made from bronze and are sometimes decorated with green gems such as garnets and emeralds.

-GM Marstreforn-
(just call me Mars if you can't spell it)
Re: offering to Luukos 06/04/2012 01:56 PM CDT
I don't play a Luukosian, but I've been witness to some fantastic Luukosian rites over the years.

I'd say what most of them have in common isn't so much the details like the candles or gems. Luukos does not want emeralds. He wants souls.

He is the god of lies, death and undeath. Obviously, undeath is a hard one for players to achieve, as we don't exactly have means to build up our own zombie army to appease the master...

... but the other two, we can do easily. Just some food for thought.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: offering to Luukos 06/04/2012 03:52 PM CDT

Thank you all for the ideas!
I have a priest that is working up to level 30, to try to perform the ritual.
Those links helped out a lot, kept trying to find that site...but it eluded me for some reason.

A few additional questions:
That log that was posted, where was that located and was it just a sacrifice or a communion?
Does he enjoy his follows to sacrifice themselves as an act of obedience?

Re: offering to Luukos 06/04/2012 05:44 PM CDT
As far as suggestions, I feel that the good thing about most/all Arkati is that each one has a general description and everything else is loose. Meaning that there are no strict procedures that one must follow to be considered a "follower" of any particular Arkati. It leaves room for a vast amount of roleplaying options and opinions. There is a lot of room to make up your own opinions of how an Arkati wants things done or rituals, etc. Heck, there are quite a few Arkati that even have staunch factions of believers within them. One side believes the Arkati wants things done one way, and the other another.

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: offering to Luukos 06/05/2012 12:41 AM CDT
I am not sure where it was, but I was led to believe it was in the solhaven luukos spot. I could easily be wrong, that thing is years old.
Re: offering to Luukos 06/10/2012 06:37 PM CDT

Hmm..bring him an animate soul. He might be amused.
Re: offering to Luukos 12/18/2012 06:42 AM CST

I am a little late to the game here, but having done a few communes to Luukos I can tell you what I've done. Usually, I'll play out a scene, usually with a player who has agreed to the death of their character. Most people have always played their characters with the reactions they would have in such a situation (meaning, that if my character creeps them out or scares them, they are going to run.).

My girl doesn't like to be forceful when she's trying to bring an offering to Luukos, she likes to use lies and deception to draw Luukos' goody basket down to the altar. And being that he is lord of lies, he'll love that. I recommend using a few Mychar verbs while doing this if you are looking for a reaction to your ritual or commune.

I go all out when doing communes.. prayer beads, prayerbook and a ritual knife and if you have time to put on your best sunday dress it doesn't hurt. I usually cast commune before starting my ritual, some places in Elanthia are specifically designed for sacrifice (I won't say where, that might take the fun out of it for others, if you want to know, you can email me.) and have some really neat scripts.

Even if a GM doesn't respond, it is usually fun for everyone involved.

---
The Tehir and the Illistimi's string puller
<<I know merchanting sessions for me usually end with me huddled in a corner, rasping about "Judgment Day" and talking about Terminators. --Auchand