A few ?s on traps and scarabs 06/12/2015 10:53 AM CDT
This post:

http://www.olsonstudios.com/zanteal/lann0043/zanteals-vault/Rogue_Guide.html

Says that the highest trap anywhere on mainland Elantia is -160. True or what?
If true then a combo of (Disarm bonus + perception bonus + Wisdom Bonus) >= 262 should make it impossible to miss one barring a fumble.

Also, if I find a scarab trap at say -70 and disarm it is the scarab also a -70 trap or is it randomly different?
Re: A few ?s on traps and scarabs 06/12/2015 11:51 AM CDT
>>Says that the highest trap anywhere on mainland Elantia is -160. True or what?

That information is just a little dated. The most difficult trap one will find within the treasure system is -480.

>>Also, if I find a scarab trap at say -70 and disarm it is the scarab also a -70 trap or is it randomly different?

Disarming a scarab on the ground uses a different formula and we don't get to see it so we can't say with certainty, I'd say it is likely though.
Re: A few ?s on traps and scarabs 06/12/2015 06:36 PM CDT
<Says that the highest trap anywhere on mainland Elantia is -160. True or what?>

So not true it almost made me laugh. I find traps more then twice as big in minotaurs all the time.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: A few ?s on traps and scarabs 06/13/2015 08:07 AM CDT
>So not true it almost made me laugh. I find traps more then twice as big in minotaurs all the time.

Minos are the lowest level critter where I've seen -480 traps. Twice is common, thrice is possible, though most trap types on their boxes top at about 400 in my experience and its just scales I've seen around -480.

You can find conversion tables for old style lockpicks and trap difficulties in a Tsoran archive.
Re: A few ?s on traps and scarabs 06/13/2015 11:43 AM CDT
<<Minos are the lowest level critter where I've seen -480 traps. Twice is common, thrice is possible, though most trap types on their boxes top at about 400 in my experience and its just scales I've seen around -480.>>

Check your math.... 2 x 160 = 320, leaving plenty of room for lots of traps between that and minos normal max.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: A few ?s on traps and scarabs 06/13/2015 04:07 PM CDT

Whats wrong with 3* 160 = 480?
Re: A few ?s on traps and scarabs 06/14/2015 12:21 AM CDT
Cause I said twice as big, not thrice as big :P

Starchitin

Re: A few ?s on traps and scarabs 06/14/2015 10:44 AM CDT
>Cause I said twice as big, not thrice as big :P

I was talking about how big I'd seen them, which is 480.
Re: A few ?s on traps and scarabs 06/14/2015 10:38 PM CDT
Men! Always talking about size.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: A few ?s on traps and scarabs 07/13/2015 04:22 AM CDT
Wow that's a throwback.

Good old Charisma and Reflexes. I did always wonder why the names of those stats changed...

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p