Locksmith Kits from Stores 09/01/2012 01:04 AM CDT
So I read that you can "bundle" these together to get the trap disarm supplies from one into the other. Does doing so destroy the now empty locksmith kit?

Reason I ask is because I'm looking into altering/deepening one, and I wouldn't want it to become worthless after it runs out of putty.
Re: Locksmith Kits from Stores 09/01/2012 02:49 AM CDT
It doesn't destroy either kit, you just need to make sure to hold the one you want items moved into in your right hand and the other in your left. If you accidentally get it reversed, just SWAP and BUNDLE again. (make sure you LOOK in the kit you're keeping before throwing either away, just to be sure you got it right)

I'm not sure how deepening a locksmith's kit would work, but I assume it would only increase the amount of random items you can put in it rather then putty/etc. unless there was a special locksmith merchant or something.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Locksmith Kits from Stores 09/01/2012 08:34 AM CDT
The character in question has no large container, like a cloak or backpack. They are planning to store gems and such in the kit, and not ever bother with anything else. It holds a pretty good amount on its own, enough to keep two daggers and at least 5 or 6 odd items, haven't reached the limit in that regard.
Re: Locksmith Kits from Stores 09/01/2012 09:17 AM CDT
I do not think I have found the toolkit that analyzes as being able to be deepened....

Larton takes the 247 silvers you offer in payment.
He hands you a dark leather locksmith's toolkit and says, "Here's your purchase. Thanks for your patronage."
>insp my tool
You carefully inspect your locksmith's toolkit.

You estimate that a dark leather locksmith's toolkit can store a very small amount with enough space for a few items.

You determine that you could wear the toolkit, attaching it to your belt. The toolkit appears to serve some purpose.
>anal my tool
You analyze your locksmith's toolkit and sense that there is no recorded information on that item. It may or may not be able to be worked on by a merchant alterer.

You can tell that the toolkit is as light as it can get and that its pockets could not possibly get any deeper.
Re: Locksmith Kits from Stores 09/01/2012 05:09 PM CDT
Fair enough. I guess I should have checked that. Have you known anyone to have them altered?
Re: Locksmith Kits from Stores 09/01/2012 05:21 PM CDT
>Have you known anyone to have them altered?

My rogue has an altered one. I bundle them incorrectly all the time! No harm done, I just swap and do it again.

I don't know that anyone has ever had me work on one, though, now that I think about it.

~Vanah
Re: Locksmith Kits from Stores 09/01/2012 06:23 PM CDT

They used to disappear/disintegrate if you bundled them improperly. I rather like my altered one, even though it's stashed inside an open container and so seldom seem. I have a tri-fold disarming kit I think it is. The coding on these things is great as if you want to hide your profession, you can put it into a container. If you want people to know you're a picker, the kits also have enough pockets for your primary picks.
Re: Locksmith Kits from Stores 09/01/2012 06:52 PM CDT
>>I don't know that anyone has ever had me work on one, though, now that I think about it.

Sorry, me friend and I had more important things to get worked on when you worked for us! Maybe next time!