Leya Shrine - Egans Tomb Dagger 07/17/2007 05:22 PM CDT
Hi folks,

If you follow the Landing at all you've probably heard/read that the museum coordinator person is looking for artifacts to fill the museum with now that some exhibits have been returned to Teras.

Some of you are probably aware that a couple years ago during the discovery of Egan's Tomb beneath the shrine in the Landing area a chest of daggers was found which, it is generally believed, belonged to some of the women that formed the first Amazons under Leya's training and guidance. Most of those who were around during the discovery got a dagger and I believe a couple were given to folks who weren't involved as well, so they are floating around out there.

I also have one extra and had been looking to distribute it to a Leya follower, but so far have been unsuccessful in finding one to get to know enough to give it to.

So here's my quandry and as followers of Leya I'd like to get other's thoughts.

I would like to donate the dagger to the museum so that it can be enjoyed by everyone, however there is the opportunity for a replica to be made for display while the original is kept by me.

Would you prefer the original to go into the museum and thus be available for all to see -- but no one to own or a replica go up and have the original available to be given to someone in the general populace (hopefully a true Leya devotee).

The reason I ask is something like the dagger could be an "epic/character defining" artifact to someone and I'd hate to deny that currently fictional person the opporunity. I am also concerned that I won't be able to find someone who will truly treasure it, and I'd absolutely HATE to see it go to someone who will just hoard it or keep it for the sake of saying they have an artifact. I mentioned to someone on the boards before that they may be a good candidate for receiving it but I still have yet to meet/get to know them so my search continues.

Since the availability of a true Leyan artifact could affect any devotee of Leya, I would love to get some opinions before making my decision.

- S

The sprite yells, "You're doomed, little worm, doomed!"
Re: Leya Shrine - Egans Tomb Dagger 07/17/2007 07:46 PM CDT
I say duplicate it and hold onto the original. One of my characters was fortunate enough to be given one by a dear friend of mine, and it is definitely character defining for her (and me). As a matter of fact, it's what finally pushed my character to follow Leya in the end. Of all the things I own, it and a special rose (from the same friend, incidentally) are the two things I'd never give up.

You never know when you might find just that right person who it will "belong" with.
Re: Leya Shrine - Egans Tomb Dagger 07/18/2007 11:21 AM CDT
Whatever you decide, Syl, let me know if you need any help with it... and since I switched to a new computer, I don't happen to have a log handy of that night... do you?

--A.

Bringing tiramisu and key lime pies to the masses everywhere!

"Wisdom is ofttimes nearer when we stoop than when we soar." ~ William Wordsworth, The Excursion
Re: Leya Shrine - Egans Tomb Dagger 07/19/2007 03:17 AM CDT
>and since I switched to a new computer, I don't happen to have a log handy of that night... do you? - Key Lime Queen

I have one that needs a bit more editing, I did some work on it before heading to work today and it was still sitting at about 85 pages with all the gabbing. I can send that to you if you want? Or would you prefer it cut down even more, hehe.

I'd like to post some of it up here but it may just be too much. I'll see what I can do though!

- S

The sprite yells, "You're doomed, little worm, doomed!"