Ok, question... 06/14/2007 06:27 PM CDT
out of curiosity, is there any clerics of Leya about? I have yet to meet one and as Luna once being an Amazon of Leya when she was first started her RP has gone back to the question of her using intercession to rid herself of the taint of Luukos from the GSS. If someone knows of one or is one, please let me know?

~Vicki, Luna's puppeteer.

(LadyLunaryna : AIM)

This is a stickup! Gimme all yer muffins and ye willnae get hurt!
Re: Ok, question... 06/15/2007 05:53 AM CDT
Danay Mayfern is a dedicated cleric of Leya, you may be able to seek her out. I can't think of any others offhand.

- S

A plains orc chieftain swings a crude iron morning star at you!
You skillfully deflect the attack with your warblade!

A plains orc chieftain shrugs her shoulders and gives off a despondent sigh.
A plains orc chieftain barrels southeast.
Re: Ok, question... 06/15/2007 01:14 PM CDT
What was the group of Amazon's like when they were together? Did they have regular events, get togethers?

I'd love to to have my little bard/Leya worshipper meet up and be apart of the Amazon. :)
Re: Ok, question... 06/16/2007 12:06 AM CDT
We used to hold the Festival of Strength among other things. But yes, we met regularly. Maybe one day the Tribe can rise again in some form. As for your question about a cleric Sylanae is right, talk to Danay.
Re: Ok, question... 06/16/2007 12:11 AM CDT
If you want to know what the festival was like, check out Danay's site here.

http://www.members.aol.com/ladydanay/strength.htm
Re: Ok, question... 06/16/2007 06:02 AM CDT
>What was the group of Amazon's like when they were together? Did they have regular events, get togethers?

That's really a tall order, though I'm sure the answer is probably different for everyone involved I do hope that everyone felt first and foremost it was a family.

To give a very condensed view of the heirarchy of the Tribe, it was reigned over by a Matriarch who was voted in by all full sisters (if I remember correctly). The Matriarch was counciled by the Council of Elders, who were basically advisors but did have tribe affecting powers in their own right. That said, the true heart of the Tribe were the individual huts.

Each hut had a leader and that leader determined what the makeup and goals of the hut were and for the most part each hut was autonomous in what they did as a group. There were over-arcing goals that involved the Tribe as a whole, but each hut also had their own innner heirarchy and events, etc. These huts were also located throughout the area.

When a woman wanted to join the Tribe, she would need to contact someone in the hut she'd like to join and would start as a little sister. Little sisters did not have voting rights and were required to fulfill tasks and tests before she was to be considered as a full Amazon in the eyes of the Tribe. These tasks were designed not by the Matriarch and the Tribe as a whole however, but the sponsoring sister and the Hut's leader. Each hut, of course, would have different ways of determining the potential of a little sister.

Once the hut had determined their little sister was ready, there was a hunt and a ceremony in which the little sister was presented, before the whole Tribe, to the Matriarch. The Matriarch would then test the little sister with probing questions and whatnot. I believe the hunt came after the little sister was promoted to full Amazon sister, but its been long enough that I'm misremembering and it was actually part of the final test and thus happened beforehand.

The Tribe held the public Festival of Strength every year which included one of my favorite events, The Gauntlet. I hope I'm not being too presumptious in saying it was something people very much looked forward to.

We also held quieter events just for the Tribe that touched on renewal, joy and sadness, and always with our Lady in mind. Like any other group we had meetings, both on the Hut level and as a Tribe as a whole. And like any other group we had issues, divisions, regroupings, backstabbing, heartbreak, joy, eye-opening experiences and anything else you can probably think of.

The Tribe was all women, no men allowed - though we were fond of a certain towelboy.. ;) - that of course did not mean a sister couldn't have a male consort.

In its prime, the Tribe was the singlemost maddening and yet wonderous time for Sylanae. She grew the most she ever has - and I'm afraid ever will - during those years. She held the position of Matriarch for a season or two and that really taught her (and me!) a lot about leadership and life. As a sister she adored the time spent with her fellow sisters and she truly felt like part of a family. There is something very appealing and comforting to go to a town or a festival and be known as an Amazon. Even better would be the strings of "Hello sister!" on the amulet when you gave a thought out.

The Tribe has been gone for awhile now, but Syl (and I) still remember the good & bad times, and miss them greatly. That said, I really don't know that the Tribe could be resurrected as it once was. The lands were different back then and I think the Amazons would have to come together under a similar but different format. Its hard to recapture the past and I'd probably be too tempted to compare the present to what happened before and find it lacking. Which isn't to say someone shouldn't start up a new Amazon based group! I'm just wallowing in my nostalgia too much these days.

Well, I've rambled a fair bit, my only excuse is my love for the Amazons. :D

I'm sure some of my sisters can correct me on any misrememberings I've had in procedure and whatnot. I definitely need to see if my PRO can't host another Amazon get-together soon, though it'll never top the last one!

- Sylanae Charbonnneau
Former Matriarch of the Amazon Tribe of Leya
Empath Huntress of Doom
Leya Devotee
Amazon
Sister

PS: My most vivid memory of Tribe life was actually a terrible night of death, anger, desecration and the only time Sylanae ever doubted whether her Lady cared about her Amazons, though that doubt was later erased the same night. It was probably the only night I'd say I've ever RP'd my heart out, to the point I was actually shaking as I typed. Oddly enough, despite the pain of the events that happened, it just may be my favorite memory too.

A plains orc chieftain swings a crude iron morning star at you!
You skillfully deflect the attack with your warblade!

A plains orc chieftain shrugs her shoulders and gives off a despondent sigh.
A plains orc chieftain barrels southeast.
Re: Ok, question... 06/16/2007 10:15 AM CDT
My cleric is dedicated to Leya.

Honestly, I'm not around weekday evenings, only some weekdays. I generally am around some during the weekends, but generally it will be during the day as well.

Can email me at my play.net address with what you were looking for with regard to a ceremony and I can let you know if my gal would be a proper fit for such.
Re: Ok, question... 06/18/2007 08:39 PM CDT
<3 Leya.

~ X.
Re: Ok, question... 06/21/2007 12:08 AM CDT
Lovely thoughts, Syl. I share your sentiment about the Tribe. When I first returned awhile ago, I was sad to hear that it went away, but like you I reminisce now and then and put on the rose-colored glasses. It is what it was and won't be again. How's that for a confusing statement? ;)

Maybe one day the group shall come together again in a new fashion or a rekindling of the old. That's the beauty of the lands, anything is possible and you never know when it may happen.

Moral of the story however, is that there are remnants of the Tribe still walking the lands for those that care to seek them out.

~Itiara's pet human