I <3 Leya 06/23/2006 08:31 PM CDT
Its a pity her folder is so quiet!

What'r all you Leya followers up to these days? Any special worshipping ceremonies? Celebrations of our lovely lady to be had? Quiet enjoyments of her shrine and the tomb?

Anyone think Leya will see a surge of interest/followers once the Monk profession sees the light of day, as she's the Patroness of Amazons and Martial Arts?

Anything you've all wished to experience or find in the lands regarding Leya?

Let's get some life back in here!

- Syl.
Re: I <3 Leya 07/17/2006 09:14 AM CDT
I've always considered being Leyan a way of life for Evelith - she respects Leya, but she doesn't worship her as a Goddess. It's like being vegetarian, except instead of eating aubergine eggplants, she concentrates on martial arts and is a strong female elf in a land of macho-macho men. It's just something you do. Evelith's devotion rests with Ronan, but many of her actions are Leyan.

Evelith does have a ritual she performs once a week, or upon entering a particularly overwhelming battle. Sometimes she'll go to an altar, but generally it's something she does quietly (using mychar's). I got the idea from Steven Pressfield's book Last of the Amazons, which was just an amazingly fun read and gave me alot of ideas about Amazons. Evelith will kiss her blade, and slightly cut the tip of her tongue or her lips to draw a tiny bit of blood. She then says that she has claimed first blood, so it belongs to no one else, and that she has now tasted death and will not fear it. It centers her before battle. It's usually a little more flowery than that, but hey.

I <3 Leya, too!

-Evelith's Colonel

http://www.northernfury.net
Re: I <3 Leya 09/28/2006 08:55 PM CDT

*Waves her Leya banner.*

~ X.
Re: I <3 Leya 09/28/2006 10:02 PM CDT
Hooray Leya!

--some freakish male halfling Leya follower

You would have thought that that first had had had had good occasion to be seen as had, had you not? Had had had approval but had had had not; equally it is true to say that that that that had had approval but that that other that that had not.
Re: I <3 Leya 09/29/2006 06:17 AM CDT

OooOoooOo...

A dude. You're a rare breed!

~ X.
Re: I <3 Leya 09/29/2006 12:18 PM CDT
As a player, I've always thought Leya was a pretty cool mutt. The story of her life is an awesome one, too. It was one of those first stories I had heard in GS, years and years ago, which engrossed me pretty heavily into the history of the game.

Sepher has a mild respect for her, but it hurts her, in his opinion, to be the daughter of Kai.

~Brian, Sepher's player.

P.S. Raise your hand if I've killed you. ::runs off and hides::

"I must have strayed from my dharma in my last life. I have been reincarnated, once again, as an Untouchable. And I still have the same ugly wife."