Leya Log from the Day of the Arkati Festival 10/26/2004 11:42 PM CDT
Here 'tis.

- Laleena

[Temple, Tapestry Room]
A large candle burns with a steady flame in each corner of this room. Various forms of artwork adorn the walls of this chamber, each representing one of the Gods of Elanthia. One particular object, a long black tapestry, attracts your attention. A small chair sits next to the tapestry and seated in this chair is the hooded figure of a man. You also see the Kediaq disk and a black arch.
Also here: Wulfhen, Tebon, Great Lord Rorge, Kediaq, Lady Evesong, Lord Teylarun, Silverphenix, Sazia, Yukito, Poetree
Obvious exits: none

You say, "Evenin', everyone."

Rorge kneels down.

Poetree softly says, "Good eve."

You say, "If ye'll all take yer seats and get situated, we'll get started."

Evesong nods to you.

Yukito sits down.

Kediaq sits down.

Evesong says, "Good eve."

Poetree sits down.

Sazia sits down near Kediaq.

Evesong sits down.

Tebon sits down.

Silverphenix sits down.

Teylarun sits down.

Holfred just came through a black arch.

Wulfhen leans against a black arch.

You say, "First I want to thank ye all fer comin'."

Rorge nods.

Evesong nods.

You glance around the room.

Rorge grins.

Myrisa just came through a black arch.

Holfred leans leisurely on his witchwood runestaff, a thoughtful expression upon his face.

You say, "Bigger group than I expected."

You smile.

Kaelira just came through a black arch.

Evesong smiles.

Kaelira sits down.

You point at yourself.

You say, "My name is Laleena and I'll be talkin' with ye 'bout Leya tonight."

You ask, "We've all heard the name, yes?"

Tebon nods.

Evesong nods.

Speaking weakly to you, Silverphenix says, "Once or twice."

Poetree beams!

You say, "Verra good."

You smile.

Poetree rubs a Leya sigil marked battle helm.

Silverphenix clears his throat.

Matti just came through a black arch.

Silverphenix turns an inquisitive ear towards you.

Rorge smiles at Matti.

You say, "Typically billed by the tomes as the Master of Martial Arts, such a title does not give much insight into who Leya is truly."

You clear your throat.

You say, "She was born of the Arkati Kai and an Ardenai elf named Learya. Learya, though mortal, was said to possess the gift of prescience and it was rumoured that she might have had some small measure of Arkati blood herself."

Clunk idly picks at a golden brown Eonak symbol.

(Laleena slowly paces as she speaks, keeping her eyes turned out to the audience.)

You say, "Leya took from both her father and mother a heritage of superior athletic skill. She was especially talented with a bow and also excelled in other aspects of the hunt."

You say, "There's a small bit 'bout her and a rabbit, but in the interest of time, ye'll simply hafta ask me later if ye'd like to know."

Silverphenix raises an eyebrow.

You say, "Suffice to say the incident is the reason Amazons of Leya now eat rabbit at festivals."

You grin.

Silverphenix appears to be trying hard not to grin.

Yukito blinks.

Evesong ponders.

You say, "Her mother died in childbirth, but before she passed, she predicted a grim darkness to shadow her daughter's future. This blight manifested itself in the form of a sword given to Kai during his and Leya's stay with the halflin's."

You say, "The sword was Soulingen and legend describes it as a weapon capable of stealin' a man's soul, denyin' him any chance of resurrection. Kai kept it himself fer a long while, but eventually left it in the care of his daughter when he found matters of the world too much to ignore."

Rorge mutters solingen.

You nod to Rorge.

(Laleena folds her hands behind her back, pausing for a moment in front of the tapestry.)

Flintstone just came through a black arch.

You say, "I'm not surprised it's a name many would have heard."

You say, "It's a frightful thing."

Evesong smiles.

You say, "Driven by concern fer her lover, Egan, a Vaalorian elf, Leya found herself fightin' in the Undead Wars with his family, helping in part to win the day fer the elves. She was a vision on the battlefield, fury and bloodlust drivin' her onward."

You tilt your head up.

Silverphenix frowns.

You say, "Soulingen was at her side as she fought, but as Leya had come to the fray, so had Luukos. He made Egan appear as one of the Undead and Leya, unaware, slew him."

(Laleena tilts her head slightly, letting her hands fall back to her sides as she begins pacing the front of those gathered.)

You say, "Afterwards, she threw down the sword and built a tomb fer Egan (which is now her shrine jest outside the Landin'), took up a dagger, and left."

Flintstone just went through a black arch.

You say, "I've found that the majority of her followers, at least the ones I know, regard her as I do in terms of worship and devotion. We view her as more of a mother or a sister, an ideal which we strive to achieve, than a goddess. Many of us do not pray as such, but rather talk to her, as I am talkin' to ye now."

You say, "Most find this odd."

You smile.

You say, "This is by no means the only method by which one might worship her, it is simply the one which I most often see. Also, the Amazons are a group in the area that is devoted to Leya. It is the only group I know of which strictly serves her."

You say, "They typically adhere to the Way as they see it, composed of the four aspects found in Leya's shrine: Strength, Mercy, Day, and Night."

You say, "There is more I could say 'bout 'em, but I'd ask that ye save questions ye might have 'til after everyone has spoken."

You nod.

You say, "And, with that, I'll pass the floor to our next speaker..."
Re: Leya Log from the Day of the Arkati Festival 10/28/2004 11:19 AM CDT
Thanks for sharing that!

Jurican

I like caramel turtle pie, made with real turtles.
Re: Leya Log from the Day of the Arkati Festival 12/29/2004 08:45 PM CST
Hi Laleena. Can I steal that for the record and put it up on my website? It would be greatly enjoyed in years to come. :)

This so-called universe
Appears as a juggling,
A picture show.
To be happy, look upon it so.

- Bhairava (Fierce aspect of Siva) Vigyan Bhairav Tantra
Re: Leya Log from the Day of the Arkati Festival 12/29/2004 09:23 PM CST
>>Hi Laleena. Can I steal that for the record and put it up on my website? It would be greatly enjoyed in years to come. :)

Sure, steal away.

- L.