The Amazon Alliance 05/02/2004 08:51 PM CDT

Alright, then. The idea for this organization has been floating around for a while and almost got on its feet once. I think it's about time we tried to get it going again. (I'd like to try to establish it as a PRO.)

I realize that the Amazons aren't something that every Leyan would want to do, as I've heard several statements in that vein. So, I think the main focus of this group should be to provide fellowship for Leyans that want an alternative. Also, it would provide a place for male followers of Leya (I know they're out there) who aren't eligible for the Amazons. In addition to these to main purposes, I'd also like there to be elements of community service (such as the mentoring/assisting of the young adventurers), public festivals and events, and aid in times of crisis.

That last bit, the aid in times of crisis...that is a bit iffy by my own admission. I do not want to see the Amazon Alliance turn into a political organization. My thought process along this line was more so that if a particular hut in a certain area had a problem (say, the krolvin occupation of River's Rest, for a RR-based hut), they would be able to send a general request for assistance to the officers of the Alliance, and that information would be diffused among the other huts. If, then, someone was inclined to go and assist, they could. If not, no obligations. Or, something along those lines.

The ideal set up for the Alliance would be a series of huts that would have within them their own leader, conditions for admission, themes, goals, etc. The Matriarch of the Amazons would oversee the Alliance as a whole, taking applications for hut approval, overseeing event requirements, etc., so forth and so on.

To be a member in the Alliance, one wouldn't have to worship Leya, but would need to be an individual of honor that could respect her and those things for which she stands.

In a very general, very short sort of way, this is the premise. I am open to ideas, suggestions, criticism, and overall comments of a constructive nature. I have a direly sincere wish to see the Amazon Alliance become more than something laid out on paper. But, I can't do it by myself.

So. If you have an interest in the Alliance, want a hut, want more information, or just want to throw out comments, accusations, or hints on how to make a go of this thing, feel free to send me a letter (at my play.net address) or speak with me in person. I'm most frequently around Solhaven or the Landing.

Regards,

Laleena Yria, Matriarch of the Amazons of Leya
Re: The Amazon Alliance 11/10/2004 06:50 PM CST
This is certainly of interest to me. <smiles>

My Cleric of Leya is a very venerable sylvan who, when around, acts like everyone's favorite grandmother. Mostly warm and occassionally firm.

Her days of battle are mostly over...except when she is needed, then she can bap things upside the head and scold them.

"Now shame on you, coming out of your forest and hassling these townfolks. What on Elanth are you doing here? Now shoo on back before I have to get my cane up!"

Although she believes in the martial aspects of Leya, having practiced many of them in her younger days, she mainly focuses on the love of family...and views the heartbreak of Leya killing her beloved as the pain we must suffer so that we can grow compassion within us for the pain of others.

Peace,
Ranildai CloudSinger's prayer-mat.
Re: The Amazon Alliance 12/18/2004 08:36 PM CST
Dunnae suppose there's a special place for an oddity in the world of Leya worhsippers? Teehee.

Furrowfoot
Re: The Amazon Alliance 12/29/2004 10:56 PM CST
>>Dunnae suppose there's a special place for an oddity in the world of Leya worhsippers? Teehee. ~ Furrowfoot

Oh, we have room for all sorts.

- L.
Re: The Amazon Alliance 12/30/2004 02:33 PM CST
Earlier information about Leya and the finding of the Shrine can be found at members.aol.com/mhlevine/index.html.

Would be nice one of these days to see if updated and containing more recent information.

--A.

Bringing tiramisu and key lime pies to the masses everywhere!

"Wisdom is ofttimes nearer when we stoop than when we soar." ~ William Wordsworth, The Excursion