a veil iron bound white ora maul 08/21/2016 12:08 AM CDT
I've had this weapon for more then a decade and always thought there was more to it then I've been able to figure out. I originally bought it at a player shop for a couple million silver.

I'll post what I know about it below, if anyone knows anything more or has a high level bard that would be willing to meet in RR or Mist Harbor to sing to it, I'd appreciate it:

a veil iron bound white ora maul

+25, sanctified, either fire or plasma flares (I'm leaning towards plasma b/c they don't do double damage to trolls)

>l mau
You glance at your maul. Pure white ora comprises this maul from the handle to the head and, despite the obvious use shown in the worn leather of the grip, it maintains its pristine hue with immaculate care and attention. Beginning mid-way the grip and head, bands of veil iron have been wound tightly around the handle at intervals of two inches. At the head, the bands become wire that is inlaid into its surface to create wisps of flame along each side. Crimson dyes fill in the veil iron outlines, adding depth to the design. The bound white ora maul is surrounded by a baneful white flickering flame that burns with the rage of divine fury.

>atta
You swing a veil iron bound white ora maul at a cave troll!
AS: +199 vs DS: +83 with AvD: +40 + d100 roll: +30 = +186
... and hit for 35 points of damage!
Blow raises a welt on the cave troll's right arm.

As you attack, the baneful white flames surrounding your bound white ora maul flare off and strike, bathing the cave troll in fiery death!
... 10 points of damage!
Searing strike to back causes the cave troll to grunt in pain.
Roundtime: 6 sec.

Ambient messaging (I think it has another I wasn't able to grab for this post):

Waves of heat rise from the surface of your bound white ora maul, creating a hazy aura about it.

The flames surrounding your bound white ora maul swirl around, and a low murmuring can be faintly heard. You think one of the words was, "Release."

The bound white ora maul pulses in your hand, as if seeking something.

The surface of your bound white ora maul glows a soft orange, radiating intense heat.

Two zests that I've found (this cleric is CONVERTed to Mularos):

peer mau
As you gaze on the haft of your bound white ora maul, your eyes mist over, and you see the holy symbol of Mularos burn in your mind.

>exhale mau
You blow on your bound white ora maul.
A faint foggy mist forms over the surface of the maul then slowly fades away.

Thanks for anything more anyone can add

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: a veil iron bound white ora maul 08/21/2016 02:31 AM CDT
Check out here: https://gswiki.play.net/Iasha_white_ora_weapon
Re: a veil iron bound white ora maul 08/21/2016 02:56 AM CDT
Heh, I'd actually seen that article but didn't look down at the messaging cause my maul's description wasn't on the list. It must have been one of the ones that was auctioned off. Thanks for pointing me back to it.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: a veil iron bound white ora maul 08/21/2016 08:25 PM CDT
With that high an Enchant, it sounds like a Tier2. If it were 6x, you could teleport once per day.
Re: a veil iron bound white ora maul 08/21/2016 08:55 PM CDT
I'll have to remember to try ATTEND when I have him in game next (just in case), but I'm pretty sure it's just tier 1. Most of the verb traps listed on the wiki I tried when I was experimenting with it and only two of them worked. That's ok though, it's still the most interesting weapon I've ever had for any of my characters and it suits the idea behind the character perfectly.

Starchitin

Re: a veil iron bound white ora maul 08/21/2016 09:03 PM CDT
And my last post should be NOT interpreted to mean that if you were to get one more Enchant on it, it would become a Tier3 and give you the transport ability. :)

It was meant to read that if you had gotten your hands on one of the +30 Tier3 ones, then you would be able to transport. Heh.
Re: a veil iron bound white ora maul 08/21/2016 09:55 PM CDT
If it is Tier 1, you can also try to get it unlocked from Xerria. I think those other verbs also only work for clerics and paladins, if you are trying it on someone else.