Random Instrument Idea 01/02/2014 11:00 AM CST
Just had this idea for a potentially really neat instrument. Figured I would share and see if it piqued anyone's interest. An instrument with a loresong about a woman's soul being trapped in the instrument.. I was thinking arkati or necromancy, something along those lines.. but in essence creating a sentient/semi-sentient instrument. One that might backlash on you, at first... messaging like snapping a string cutting your hands, or it twisting in your hands and hitting you.. something along those lines. But the more you play it, the more it will attune with you, until you and the instrument reach an accord/attune, and then it provides some sort of boost, such as to dodging, manipulation lore, and stats... something to make it viable to play out in a critter-infested area. And ambient messaging on it, while held/played, about it shifting or making noises or responding in some manner. If that makes sense. I was thinking that it could whisper to whomever holds it, like the whisper masks, only not as dark/crazy.
Re: Random Instrument Idea 01/07/2014 07:12 PM CST
Why a woman's soul?

Why not a gremlin's soul?

...Now where did that amulet go?

-Marstreforn-
Icemule Trace Guru
Halfling Guru
Re: Random Instrument Idea 01/08/2014 04:43 AM CST
>loresing bagpipe amulet on gremlin found;tell me how you got your sound

A mournful wailing fills the air inducing a vision of an Imperial Inquisitor and a gremlin suspect. Terrible screeches assail your ears as the Inquisitor presses his demands more closely. You wonder just why it could matter what it had in its pockets.
Re: Random Instrument Idea 01/09/2014 10:43 AM CST
>>You wonder just why it could matter what it had in its pockets. <<

Sometimes it does matter quite a bit ...

"What has it got in its pocketses?"

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me