Instrument straps? 11/04/2012 09:51 PM CST
I bought an instrument strap at the Ebon Gate, but I can't figure out how to attach the strap to an instrument...

Any help?

Thanks
Re: Instrument straps? 11/05/2012 06:01 AM CST
>I bought an instrument strap at the Ebon Gate, but I can't figure out how to attach the strap to an instrument...

PUT the strap on your instrument.

~Vanah
Re: Instrument straps? 11/06/2012 02:24 AM CST
It tells me that the combination won't work ...

I know what this means ... These straps are only for certain instruments, yes?

Thanks much
Re: Instrument straps? 11/06/2012 04:39 AM CST
Unscripted instruments only. What instrument are you trying to use?

~Vanah
Re: Instrument straps? 11/06/2012 04:46 PM CST
So far as I know, these have never worked on anything except stringed/necked stringed types. Anything else gets the "this combination won't work" message. Which is different than if the item is scripted, or already has a strap. I'm not saying they should all be allowed to have straps attached, since it really doesn't make sense for a lot, or even most, of the instruments (a flute/piccolo with a strap?). But they definitely won't all work.

Normal, non-scripted:
As you hold your wool-lined strap up to the thanot tambourine, it becomes clear that the combination won't work.
As you hold your wool-lined strap up to the black plaid bagpipes, it becomes clear that the combination won't work.
As you hold your wool-lined strap up to the smooth ivory flute, it becomes clear that the combination won't work.
As you hold your wool-lined strap up to the pale glowbark crumhorn, it becomes clear that the combination won't work.

Already has strap attached:
You notice that a carved rosewood harp is already equipped with a strap that allows you to wear it.

Scripted, not allowed:
You consider attaching a leather wool-lined strap to your rosewood mandolin, but something about the mandolin makes you stop to reconsider.

Allowed:
You hold your wool-lined strap at either end of the oak harp, assessing how the strap would bear the weight of the harp if you were to wear it over your shoulder.

[Repeat this command to permanently attach the strap to your harp.]
Re: Instrument straps? 11/07/2012 02:22 AM CST
Ahhh, thanks much ... I was trying to add it to a flute that I bought at the Ebon Gate. The one that makes musical notes dance in the air.

Btw, I really like the flute. It's really cool.

I guess it would be strange to wear a flute.

Thanks again ... Much appreciated