Two questions, hoping has an answer to both. 07/01/2011 07:54 PM CDT

Being a non wizard....does my familiar refuse to interact with me in any way? I remember being able to at least pet the mouse, I'd like to pick it up as well.

Secondly, does anyone remember the random instrument merchant from ebon gate...07 I want to say. Possibly 06. You paid your silvers and got to dig in the pile for a random instrument, usually race specific with some wacky loresongs. Anyhow, I have a fife that casts a spell, has mana in the instrument. Anyone know the mechanics to it? PLAY casts the spell is about all I know, and didn't receive much information from the gamehost. Any help much appreciated.

Lochiven
Re: Two questions, hoping has an answer to both. 07/10/2011 12:30 PM CDT
> Being a non wizard....does my familiar refuse to interact with me in any way? I remember being able to at least pet the mouse, I'd like to pick it up as well.

As a non-wizard your interactions are much more limited. Obviously you can use the verbs your familiar has, though mice have a small number compared to other familiar types. Beyond that wizards can also get their familiars to do things you cannot, such as look at someone or turn around, in addition to bigger things like pick up their familiar.

> Secondly, does anyone remember the random instrument merchant from ebon gate...07 I want to say. Possibly 06. You paid your silvers and got to dig in the pile for a random instrument, usually race specific with some wacky loresongs. Anyhow, I have a fife that casts a spell, has mana in the instrument. Anyone know the mechanics to it? PLAY casts the spell is about all I know, and didn't receive much information from the gamehost. Any help much appreciated.

You got one of the rare instruments from the pile. Most had random loresongs that depending upon your own race/gender you might get to see all the details if it matched with the instrument. The rare insturments from the pile had a spell in them which you activated by playing. I believe they work like any other imbed and have a specific amount of charges in them before they run out. However I have not interacted much with a magic casting instrument, so I could be mistaken on that last part.

-Kilthal

"He came like the wind, like the wind touched everything, and like the wind was gone."

"For all that this may cause Hell to freeze over, I agree with Kilthal." -Siwas