Reaching the Rift 05/19/2017 03:57 PM CDT
Has something changed with the Cavern of Ages? I thought you could ring to and from it before. I was not able to today. Was some sort of a block put in?

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Reaching the Rift 05/19/2017 03:58 PM CDT

pretty sure its out only, but not in. at least it is for the last while.
Re: Reaching the Rift 05/19/2017 04:05 PM CDT
I was not able to do either. When I tried to ring out, I got the following message:

You remove an exquisite gold ring from in your black velvet cloak.
>wear ring
You slide the ring on your finger.
You feel a little pulse in the ring.

(I had just set the ring to icemule a half hour earlier.)

>turn ring
You turn the ring on your finger, but the pulse you feel is extremely weak...as if the magic is being inhibited by someone or something in the room.

Something was blocking, but I don't know if things have been changed or if someone in the room was doing something. There were others there, but they were unresponsive when I tried to talk to them.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Reaching the Rift 05/19/2017 04:07 PM CDT
Like Nelemar it was never ring in, only ring out. Hell, it wasn't even ring out initially.

So, if Voln Seek in. Fog/ring out. If not Voln, with the enhanced gold ring range you can ring somewhat closer (I forget exactly where) though I think most of the climb checks and puzzle must still be done.
Re: Reaching the Rift 05/19/2017 04:08 PM CDT
Ah well if ring out is inhibited then something likely unintentionally changed. I'll test in a moment.
Re: Reaching the Rift 05/19/2017 04:09 PM CDT
I ringed out a few days ago, so it would be very recent.

in fact, with the new ring changes, I could ring out to landing.
Re: Reaching the Rift 05/19/2017 04:09 PM CDT
No issue going out.

You slide a faded gold ring off your finger.
>wear my ri
You slide the ring on your finger.
Suddenly your surroundings shift...

[Commerce Burrow, Dwarven Circle]
A giantman strolls merrily away from Bumblefinger's Pawnshop, counting his coins. The pawnshop is perched on the south side of the road, housed in a well tended wooden building. Freshly painted white stairs lead up to the pawnshop porch.
Obvious paths: east, west
You feel a little pulse in the ring.
Re: Reaching the Rift 05/19/2017 04:11 PM CDT
<in fact, with the new ring changes, I could ring out to landing.>

Yep or Solhaven or nearly anywhere before Zul's mine cats or the islands. Nice change.
Re: Reaching the Rift 05/19/2017 04:11 PM CDT
>So, if Voln Seek in. Fog/ring out.

OK, this sounds familiar. I have not been ably to play for a couple of months, so I guess I forgot how I got there. Thanks, Roblar.

But the ringing out still should have worked. I was able to voln fog out, but that only gets me to Pinefar.

--David

Re: Reaching the Rift 05/19/2017 04:12 PM CDT
>>No issue going out.

Hmm. Okay, I do not know what was happening then. Thanks for checking it, Roblar.

--David

Re: Reaching the Rift 05/19/2017 04:13 PM CDT
>> But the ringing out still should have worked. I was able to voln fog out, but that only gets me to Pinefar.

Recommend you do a recheck just in case, seems to be working for others. Wouldn't be the first or last person to confuse one ring for another or some other procedure goof.
Re: Reaching the Rift 05/19/2017 04:53 PM CDT
Yes, probably a different/unset ring was used. The turn messaging (I just checked) gives that message (as well as the other rooms) because it is not an eligible ringing point (can't ring in, only out).
Re: Reaching the Rift 05/20/2017 12:11 AM CDT

Reasons like this i would love the ability to tap a ring and get an idea of where it is set. With the new ri g changes that could help keep several rings in order
Re: Reaching the Rift 05/20/2017 01:24 AM CDT
Well, actually, I am certain that I did not grab the wrong ring. But it is possible that I had set the ring to a place that could not be ringed back to. I'll figure it out. Thanks again for your help, Roblar.

--David