Climbing 02/13/2014 10:28 AM CST
Hello,

I was just wondering about how many ranks of climbing does it take to get around the Icemule/Pinefar hunting areas. In particular, how many ranks does it take to get in and out of the Rolaren Gate?

I've got 20 ranks currently.

-Manstine
Re: Climbing 02/13/2014 10:36 AM CST
It's been awhile but from my recollection I think that I had around 25-30 ranks when I started climbing the gate. Eventually I think I worked up to 40 for wandering around the pinefar mountain area. That was for my wizard wearing double leathers, you may need a bit more if you are wearing heavier armor.

-- Robert
Re: Climbing 02/13/2014 10:39 AM CST
I logged him in real quick and even today near 2x cap he still only has 50 ranks of climbing. I'm pretty sure the last 10 or so ranks were added to help in climbing out of plane 4 in the rift while loaded down with boxes.

-- Robert

A yellow canary suddenly jumps up and lands flat on its back!
>
A dwarven female points at the canary and shrieks, "Everyone run, the canary is dead!" The woman runs off screaming.
Re: Climbing 02/13/2014 12:15 PM CST
20 should be fine, and if it isn't just add a few more. I've generally had other ways of getting past the gate, which I'd have used if loaded down, but 20-30ish is what I've had when I've been in that area.
Re: Climbing 02/13/2014 03:30 PM CST
I stopped at 50; should be plenty.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between
Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Climbing 02/14/2014 04:16 AM CST
Thanks!